"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Are you sure about this? 1/2 of my trip is offsite while the backend of my trip is at Grand Floridian. We actually want to do the Halloween party the night before our first park ticket. Wonder if i can call and ask nicely?
This was how it operated for me last year. I had a resort stay from August 11-14. When I went to purchase my tickets online for MNSSHP only the August 12 party was available for me to purchase.

If the dates all sell out, why does it matter whether one picks Sunday or Friday or Tuesday, etc?
The theory is not all dates have the same capacity.

This is backed up by the way dates sold out last year because they mostly sold out in batches. There is no way multiple dates all hit their capacity threshold at the same time. It was like Disney let it fill until a few weeks out and then cutoff ticket sales so they could maximize profit by knowing exactly how many CMs to staff each party night.

I am so excited about this announcement! I love MNSSHP, and the Boo to You Parade is one of my favorite things in the whole world. My daughter and I plan to be at the September 12th and 15th parties :)

Now that they announced the dates for MNSSHP, I am hoping maybe the dessert parties will be available soon after (although last year they weren’t available to book until August, so I expect it will be similar this year).

I am officially wishing my summer away lol

The theory is not all dates have the same capacity.

This is backed up by the way dates sold out last year because they mostly sold out in batches. There is no way multiple dates all hit their capacity threshold at the same time. It was like Disney let it fill until a few weeks out and then cutoff ticket sales so they could maximize profit by knowing exactly how many CMs to staff each party night.
Right. Also, we don't know if Disney counts the many bloggers, vloggers, and media people as tickets, so whatever night is the media preview you have to add them. They also tend to get lightening lane privileges, so lines aren't flowing smoothly.

If we hop on a line a few minutes before midnight during the party, will we be able to remain on line past the park close to ride? I know this is the policy on regular park days, but does it also apply during the party?

I am not sure I understand the logic of the switch from Sunday to Monday for Labor Day and Columbus Day weekend. Those holidays are not typically extended school breaks. It is usually just that day. So having the party on Monday instead of Sunday hurts parents who want to use Monday holiday as the travel back home day.
No idea! I know we only get 1 day, maybe they are adjusting for people who complain about to many parties and they don’t want parties on short trips?

Ready for you October 24th!!! Is a Tuesday party quieter than a Thursday party? Guess it’s minimal if so…!

Come on April 27th so I can buy my tickets and not have to worry about them, going either October 22 or 24.

Also Tron will be open with virtual queue during the party but not info how it will work yet. :)

This week, at least according to Disney, is Halfway to Halloween 🤣. Most of their social media posts this week have been about Halloween
I remember reading somewhere that it was going to be at the end of April, but it could just be my fuzzy memory, either way just glad to see the information!

My brother & sister in law have AP, since they have our hotel reservations under their MDE when they buy our party tickets will they get the AP for all 3 of us or only 2? I know it’s not a big price difference but $10 less on the ticket is $10 more towards treats haha

Come on April 27th so I can buy my tickets and not have to worry about them, going either October 22 or 24.

Also Tron will be open with virtual queue during the party but not info how it will work yet. :)
VQ is currently in effect for AH and EEH events and it is anticipated it will work the same for AH parties. Please see the second post of this thread which explains VQ.

Basically there will be a 6PM drop that only guests with a ticket to MNSSHP will be eligible for. Whether a guest will need to have tapped into MK by 6PM to grab a VQ seems to be a little less clear as we have many reports saying guests have and have not been eligible so honestly, that's an unknown at this time.

We're looking at going to the party on Tuesday, Oct 10. I know this is a kind of nebulose question, but should I expect/anticipate this date to sell out early? I've never been to any of the parties before so I don't really know what to expect in terms of demand. Should I be sitting on go the morning of April 27 or is it not that big of a rush?

Yes, haven’t seen which dates qualify for the DVC. Not a long list Last year, didn’t see anything for dates we went in Sept & October

Believe It was sold out year we went that night. Was surprised to see it available on a trip in a trip in august. It was much more doable on other dates we went that year.

Generally, first nights for any event, at any park, can be a bit of a cluster with staff still settling into their roles.

Our first night visit was absolutely packed with those individuals promoting the event. One too many people thoughtlessly making unexpected dead :hmghost:stops in inconvenient places ’taping’ on their phones. I realize people rely on the bloggers for info, follow a couple myself :). however, there increasingly seems to be more than few who aren’t considerate of guests around them In the parks.

IMO If you can pick another night, would likely be less crowded.
Thanks for this. It is the only night available when we are there. Not sure if it would be worth the $600 especially since we are staying at BWV and will take advantage of the extra night hours with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter