"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Thanks to BigBlueWho, I know that "MDE" means "My Disney Experience."
I'm guessing that it's the place to buy tickets?
Also, I'm guessing a purchase link will appear on 4/27 (I don't see one now)?
A purchase link likely won’t appear directly from your MDE, however you will need to be logged into your disney account to be able to purchase based upon your hotel reservation.

There will likely be a link to purchase from this website on the day of:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/events/

Or this one:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...MrriG86H0Ezw5xW9_KO-7BB9vcKLYVChoC51EQAvD_BwE

Thanks to BigBlueWho, I know that "MDE" means "My Disney Experience."
I'm guessing that it's the place to buy tickets?
Also, I'm guessing a purchase link will appear on 4/27 (I don't see one now)?

A link should appear in the Special Events sub-section of the ticket section of the website.

MDE is the section of the Disneyworld website where you track your reservations of all kinds, plan your trip, etc. It‘s also an app by the same name. Everything trip-related appears in this section/app, and the app is where you book lightning lanes and do mobile dining orders during the trip, it shows wait times, directions, park hours, etc. You’ll want to download the app and/or set up that section in the website and explore the various features before your visit.

If you google “my disney experience walkthrough” there are tons of good videos and websites that will explain MDE and show you how to use it.

For our trip in September there is a Friday, Sunday or Tuesday available. The Tuesday starts the next increase in pricing an extra $30 each. Since all dates sold out last year is there any advantage to booking Tuesday over Sunday?

We have a trip from Saturday to Saturday in late August. My plan/thought is to go to the party on a Tues. Does it make sense to go to MK during the day in order to take advantage of some lower crowds (due to the early closure later), go back to the resort mid day to rest for a bit, and then head back for the party in the evening? Or should I go somewhere else like HS/AK and hop to MK for the party and then go to MK again on Fri to take advantage of the lower crowds? Sorry if this doesn't make sense... Just trying to get ideas and see what people think.

You can get in to the MK the day of your party at 4pm. Party doesn't start until 7pm.

My group usually flies in in the morning...goes to the hotel and then we get to the MK for 4pm. Ride whatever we can and then do party things during the party. We have park hoppers so during the rest of the trip we wind up back at the MK at some point. :)

We have a trip from Saturday to Saturday in late August. My plan/thought is to go to the party on a Tues. Does it make sense to go to MK during the day in order to take advantage of some lower crowds (due to the early closure later), go back to the resort mid day to rest for a bit, and then head back for the party in the evening? Or should I go somewhere else like HS/AK and hop to MK for the party and then go to MK again on Fri to take advantage of the lower crowds? Sorry if this doesn't make sense... Just trying to get ideas and see what people think.
My health gives me a different perspective: How many hours of walking can your body handle in a day? For me, I can do 8 to 10 slow miles, spread out over 7 to 9 hours. Getting into the MK at 4 and going until midnight (8 hours) is perfect for me. If you can do 12 hours - then rope drop a park (8 to noon) then go back to MK at 4. I'd suggest Animal Kingdom as they're not usually open late and lots of folx consider it a half-day park anyway. Just keep in mind, as much as we all want to push ourselves to get in every magical moment, your body has limits.

If you don't know how long you can walk/stand in the heat put on your Disney clothes and do a test run at a local zoo, carnival, or county fair. Then use the lowest number. So maybe you can go 12 hours, but one of the kids can only do 6 before they're in pain or not having fun. Use 6 as your number for Disney planning.

Last edited:

Makes perfect sense! Well, for us, we’re using our party day to sleep in and not have to rope drop anything. We are planning on doing a monorail tour/hop in the late morning and early afternoon and having lunch on that line and then going to MK around 3:30. :lovestruc

Makes perfect sense! Well, for us, we’re using our party day to sleep in and not have to rope drop anything. We are planning on doing a monorail tour/hop in the late morning and early afternoon and having lunch on that line and then going to MK around 3:30. :lovestruc
We did this last year and it was so much fun. My favorite part was the Grand Floridian photopass (she had a Mickey pumpkin we held, in addition to the regular props).

On our party day, we plan to sleep in, have brunch somewhere, shop at DS, lounge by pool, and then head to the party!

Does anyone know what number would be best to call if we have credit from tickets last year to buy tickets for this year?

Your plan to rope drop, break, return for party is a great one to get as much done as you can while still lasting late into the party.

As you can see from the posts above, many skip MK in the morning on party day which = lower crowds. We plan MK on all party days even though we’re not going to the party.

A link should appear in the Special Events sub-section of the ticket section of the website.

MDE is the section of the Disneyworld website where you track your reservations of all kinds, plan your trip, etc. It‘s also an app by the same name. Everything trip-related appears in this section/app, and the app is where you book lightning lanes and do mobile dining orders during the trip, it shows wait times, directions, park hours, etc. You’ll want to download the app and/or set up that section in the website and explore the various features before your visit.

If you google “my disney experience walkthrough” there are tons of good videos and websites that will explain MDE and show you how to use it.
Thanks for the information!

I understand tickets are non-refundable. Do they have to be assigned to someone when purchased? I don’t know yet if my mom or dad will be traveling with us. Can I buy a ticket and then either can use it when the decision is made? Alternatively, if neither can go can I give that ticket to someone else? Is there a way to transfer it to them?

I'm curious as to why there's a party on November 1st. It's after Halloween, it's a Wednesday, so I thought that's extra evening hours for deluxe resorts and I thought they always have Christmas decor up by Nov. 1 opening.

I'm curious as to why there's a party on November 1st. It's after Halloween, it's a Wednesday, so I thought that's extra evening hours for deluxe resorts and I thought they always have Christmas decor up by Nov. 1 opening.
Well it's Dia de los Muertos, which has a pretty long history of being celebrated along with Halloween. It's also All Saint's Day which is related to the development of Halloween celebrations. Maybe we'll get lucky and have more Coco theming for the Nov 1 party.

Money. Which is usually the answer to all things Disney. Celebrating Halloween one day later probably makes more sense than celebrating it in early August. :)

Do they offer free or discounted parking for those arriving for just the Halloween party? We happen to be in Florida during the first night of the party and at $140 a ticket I am hoping for a break on the parking price.

Do they offer free or discounted parking for those arriving for just the Halloween party? We happen to be in Florida during the first night of the party and at $140 a ticket I am hoping for a break on the parking price.
No, I don't think so. Parking at MK is not great, you have to take the tram then the monorail or boat, then do it again in the way back. How about taking a rideshare to Disney Springs or one of the resorts from wherever you are and then taking a Disney bus to the park?

ETA: I just realized the ride-share would probably cost the same or more than parking 😂😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter