"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

From previous poster - Tickets bought through undercover tourist are 95% refundable, as long as you don't go past the party date. That is, try to get a refund after the party date has passed. You can even get a refund the day of the party.

Are you sure about this? When I chatted with undercover tourist yesterday they told me that the tickets were 95% refundable up to 90 days out from party date. But they don’t start selling them until May 2. I guess I will check with them on May 2nd.

Yes I'm sure, unless something has changed. My previous tickets - even MNSSHP tickets - bought through them all had the 365-day return policy. I got a refund last year as I was driving home the day of the party because of Hurricane Ian. When they start selling the tickets, just look at the details for the particular tickets.

We will attend the MNSSHP on Oct 6th. We have a group of 12. I will be paying for 7 tickets. Now the hard part. All 12 people are listed on my resort reservation. Do the 5 people buying their own need the resort confirmation number? We did not buy them earlier due to not knowing this. Can they purchase the party tickets their selves or do I need to purchase all of them? Will they automatically be linked to the reservation? Am I making this to hard?

I just purchased 7 tickets for September 12th using my AP discount, and they appeared on everyone’s MDE almost the second I hit purchase. Now I’m just going to make every eyelash and falling star wish from now until then that it doesn’t rain on the party night! We’ve gone that week the past two years and had some night washouts but never done the party because my nephew‘s kids were a bit too young. Finally thought this year it was time. 🤞🏻 (It’s his daughter’s and my birthday week, so we celebrate together.)

We have our regular tickets for Disney and planned on going to Magic Kingdom on August 15th. Then the MNSSHP schedule came out and the 15th is one of the dates. If we decide to splurge, can we do both on the same day? We're staying off site so don't want to arrive early, then leave for a while, and then come back at 4:00. Thought if we came early and then just paced ourselves in the afternoon, we could do the party at night. Our last time there, we stayed for over 12 hours on a regular day and rested the next day. Thoughts?

Bought tickets for 10/5. It’s my littles first time planning to try to stay up to midnight. 🥰. I’m going to need all the planning advice for the party.

I have what I think is a dumb question - I have Sorcerer pass APs - which means I have blockout dates in December -but if I pay for Christmas party tickets, I CAN go to a party that is held during my blackout time, right?

thanks!

I have what I think is a dumb question - I have Sorcerer pass APs - which means I have blockout dates in December -but if I pay for Christmas party tickets, I CAN go to a party that is held during my blackout time, right?

thanks!
Absolutely, but you can only enter Magic Kingdom beginning at 4pm. BTW, this is a MNSSHP thread, not a MVMCP thread, but there are similarities with them both being special ticketed events with 4pm entry into MK.

Absolutely, but you can only enter Magic Kingdom beginning at 4pm. BTW, this is a MNSSHP thread, not a MVMCP thread, but there are similarities with them both being special ticketed events with 4pm entry into MK.
thank you!! and sorry for asking about the wrong party in this thread - I searched for MVMCP and this one popped up....

and I jumped in it!

Thanks again!

We have our regular tickets for Disney and planned on going to Magic Kingdom on August 15th. Then the MNSSHP schedule came out and the 15th is one of the dates. If we decide to splurge, can we do both on the same day? We're staying off site so don't want to arrive early, then leave for a while, and then come back at 4:00. Thought if we came early and then just paced ourselves in the afternoon, we could do the party at night. Our last time there, we stayed for over 12 hours on a regular day and rested the next day. Thoughts?
You know your crew best and how they handle the FL heat! Sometimes on party days they open MK an hour earlier so if you want to be there at early entry keep that in mind. Maybe do TS lunch and dinner to assure long, air conditioned, maybe stress-light meals?

Personally early park opening through party close is too much for me. I need a mid-day hotel collapse if I’m going to be happy in the park until midnight. Can I park commando that until midnight without a break? Absolutely. But I would not be happy and that is too much money for me to spend and not be happy on vacation.

We are debating the exact same thing for the same day, August 15th! We only have one day at MK so wondering if we can go all out. It really depends on your travelling party as doing both without a break would probably be hard if you have little kids but then you know your travelling party best. For us it is just myself and dd (25) so we are definitely up for the challenge. We are staying on site but I really do not want to leave and face the long line of party goers to re-enter. If we decide on the party we will rope drop early entry and go very slowly throughout the day with lots of indoor breaks. Our main meal will be late afternoon to avoid as much of the daily rain as possible. I will also pack a light backpack with disposable ponchos and a change of clothes/light costume if dd decides to dress up for the party. We will focus on rides throughout the day and special characters/parade/ fireworks/trick or treating and just soaking up the atmosphere during the party.
Good luck with your decision and have a great vacation.

Happy Halloween/Happy Birthday to Me! October 17th!
I’m doing a Halloween/Birthday Party as well! Happy Birthday 🎈🎊🎉🎂
Awesome, happy birthday! We did a MNSSHP on my birthday last year, and we've bought tickets for 1 day after my b-day this year. :bday:

It looks like I am in the birthday crowd! It is for my son's birthday! October 15 party and if we make it to the end, it will be his birthday! I have never been during this timeframe and am so excited that we can go to the party.

Does anyone know if memory maker is included in the party ticket for the night?

No it's not. They have offered One Day memory maker at a discount but it's too early, several things have not been announced.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter