"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

We are debating the exact same thing for the same day, August 15th! We only have one day at MK so wondering if we can go all out. It really depends on your travelling party as doing both without a break would probably be hard if you have little kids but then you know your travelling party best. For us it is just myself and dd (25) so we are definitely up for the challenge. We are staying on site but I really do not want to leave and face the long line of party goers to re-enter. If we decide on the party we will rope drop early entry and go very slowly throughout the day with lots of indoor breaks. Our main meal will be late afternoon to avoid as much of the daily rain as possible. I will also pack a light backpack with disposable ponchos and a change of clothes/light costume if dd decides to dress up for the party. We will focus on rides throughout the day and special characters/parade/ fireworks/trick or treating and just soaking up the atmosphere during the party.
Good luck with your decision and have a great vacation.
Just and FYI if you have a park reservation for Magic Kingdom for the Party day in addition to the party ticket, you do not have to use the party line to reenter as long as you come back before the actual park closing time. You can go to a non-party line which usually isn't very long and pick up your party wristband inside the park like you would if you didn't leave. It is what my group for our party last year.

Just and FYI if you have a park reservation for Magic Kingdom for the Party day in addition to the party ticket, you do not have to use the party line to reenter as long as you come back before the actual park closing time. You can go to a non-party line which usually isn't very long and pick up your party wristband inside the park like you would if you didn't leave. It is what my group for our party last year.
This works for sure. One word of caution is that the lines within the MK for wristbands may be longer and slower based on experiences shared last year. For those hoping to hop into a queue as soon as party guests are allowed to enter (e.g. party specific characters) you may lose time if you wait in a line inside the park to obtain your wristband.

Not saying it WILL happen, just saying what many experienced in 2022.

This works for sure. One word of caution is that the lines within the MK for wristbands may be longer and slower based on experiences shared last year. For those hoping to hop into a queue as soon as party guests are allowed to enter (e.g. party specific characters) you may lose time if you wait in a line inside the park to obtain your wristband.

Not saying it WILL happen, just saying what many experienced in 2022.
For those who went in 2022, are the main entrance lines any shorter around 6pm?

Hi everyone. My family and I attended last year's MNSSHP on September 2nd. We've decided to try for the Oogie Boogie Bash at DCA this year but I wanted to give some insight on our experience as it was the 3rd year we had attended MNSSHP.

We decided to drive to Magic Kingdom as our hotel had temporarily suspended their shuttle service. We made it to the parking lot right at 4pm and the rain just started to pour. We waited until the rain let up a little, threw on our ponchos, and headed for the monorail.

We made it to the entrance at around 4:30 and we were inside with our bands in less than 5 minutes. The rain didn't stop for another hour and it sprinkled off and on for the rest of the night but we used to live in Florida so we were used to it. My kids don't care for the parades or fireworks because we've seen them before so we strictly focused on rides and getting candy. Here's a list of everything we did once we made it into the park a little after 4:30:

Rode the People Mover
Rode Buzz Lightyear
Rode The Haunted Mansion
Stopped at Pecos Bill for a light dinner
Stopped at a cart for the Mummy Mickey Popcorn bucket
Rode Splash Mountain
Rode Big Thunder Mountain
Rode the Mine Train
Rode Space Mountain
People Mover again with absolutely no wait as the fireworks show was taking place. It was nice to watch the fireworks from up high
Rode the Barnstormer
Haunted Mansion again
Mine Train again
Big Thunder Mountain again

We were able to collect 3 school sized backpacks full of candy throughout the night. The first parade was canceled because of the light rain and lightening but we did catch glimpses of the second one through the crowd as we walked from the Mine Train to Big Thunder.

The longest wait that we had was for Space Mountain which was about 25 minutes. From the second time that we rode the People Mover to the last ride, we didn't wait at all as we timed those to ride while everyone watched the parade. It definitely helped that the first one was canceled so everyone piled up to watch the second one. That allowed us to walk right onto the rides while the coaster or cart waited as no one else was in line. Earlier in the night the lines did flow pretty smoothly.

We walked out of the park right at midnight as the last Sanderson Sisters show took place and that was my only regret. The line for the monorail was insanely long and I feel like that was a longer wait than our longest ride wait. I wish we would've just sat and watched the show while the crowd cleared out.

But overall we had an amazing time. Wanted to post this for anyone on the fence about going or concerned about the rain. You can either let the rain put a damper on your night or you can just try to make the best of everything because there's always a good chance that it will rain during the party.

Booked our trip again for late October and as soon as the reservation showed up in MDE, booked our party tickets. This is one of our favorite ticketed events!

Question about fireworks. How do party fireworks compare to regular fireworks show - happily ever after? We were at WDW last year and saw the 50th fireworks but not the HEA. I have to choose to either do MK on a regular non-party day or do the party and this is one of the considerations.

Anyone else not getting in? it’s just saying will be added to the queue when it opens and it’s been saying that since 11:45…

No change over at 12

ETA- was able to secure tickets for Sept 17th & 19th by 12:35 pm. It will be a nice way to wrap up our 8 night Bermuda cruise

Last edited:
Hi All - I went on this morning, got my tickets for August. Received an email showing the tickets I ordered (2A,1C), but says:

Your Order Is Being Processed.​

You will soon receive an email to inform you of the status of your order, once processing has been completed.

How long does it normally take for actual tickets to show? My card has been charged the full amount. Thought it strange in this day and age that it would be immediate?

How fast do tickets sell out? It looks like undercovertourist tickets are only refundable if you bought them w/in the last 90 days. We are going in October but I'm afraid to wait until July to buy tickets.

How fast do tickets sell out? It looks like undercovertourist tickets are only refundable if you bought them w/in the last 90 days. We are going in October but I'm afraid to wait until July to buy tickets.
Well, the first night to sell out last year was Oct 31, and the that happened on July 1. So not for awhile if like last year and I have a feeling consumer demand is not nearly as high as last year…

Well, the first night to sell out last year was Oct 31, and the that happened on July 1. So not for awhile if like last year and I have a feeling consumer demand is not nearly as high as last year…
Thanks for that. How do you know that and do you know if other dates sold out last year? I read conflicting info - one site showed that there were many dates that were not sold out last year and another that said all dates ended up being sold out last year.

Thanks for that. How do you know that and do you know if other dates sold out last year? I read conflicting info - one site showed that there were many dates that were not sold out last year and another that said all dates ended up being sold out last year.
If you look at the first posts of this thread there is a link to the 2022 Party Thread and all details re: selling out can be found there.

@monique5 does an AMAZING job with these threads!!!

Hi All - I went on this morning, got my tickets for August. Received an email showing the tickets I ordered (2A,1C), but says:

Your Order Is Being Processed.​

You will soon receive an email to inform you of the status of your order, once processing has been completed.

How long does it normally take for actual tickets to show? My card has been charged the full amount. Thought it strange in this day and age that it would be immediate?
I bought mine last week and got the same email, the confirmation came through about 5 hours later.

Question about fireworks. How do party fireworks compare to regular fireworks show - happily ever after? We were at WDW last year and saw the 50th fireworks but not the HEA. I have to choose to either do MK on a regular non-party day or do the party and this is one of the considerations.
Party fireworks are great but so is HEA. You can get in early enough with a party ticket to see both fireworks shows though, which is what my family has done for the Halloween/Christmas parties we've been to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter