"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

For anyone who has gone to the party this year, do they still have the live pirates on POTC? I was looking forward to that but had heard that they were not doing it this year.
We were disappointed to find that there were no live pirates on the first party night. We rode it early (around 7:20) and again around four hours later hoping that they would be there then but unfortunately they were not.

I've seen a couple places that it can be difficult to get food around party time, with long waits. I have a reservation at Skippers Canteen at 5:25 but am kind of unsure about it. We have a 2.5 year old so need to make sure she has a decent dinner since this will be her first late night stay up 😅

What is everyone else finding works better with little ones? If we arrive at 4 will we be able to make it to dinner? Are the quick service lines really that bad?

I've seen a couple places that it can be difficult to get food around party time, with long waits. I have a reservation at Skippers Canteen at 5:25 but am kind of unsure about it. We have a 2.5 year old so need to make sure she has a decent dinner since this will be her first late night stay up 😅

What is everyone else finding works better with little ones? If we arrive at 4 will we be able to make it to dinner? Are the quick service lines really that bad?
I can’t comment in relation to the party specifically, since this is our first year attending, but we really like Skipper’s Canteen as a meal option with kids. Doesn’t take as long as something like BOG or CRT, and the food is good. I think we’re also going to try to get some food during the pre-party window in the park (get some real food in our bellies before all the candy 😂)

I can’t comment in relation to the party specifically, since this is our first year attending, but we really like Skipper’s Canteen as a meal option with kids. Doesn’t take as long as something like BOG or CRT, and the food is good. I think we’re also going to try to get some food during the pre-party window in the park (get some real food in our bellies before all the candy 😂)
Thanks! This is our first party and first trip with our kiddo. The menu looked good for my kiddo and husband, I'm a little less into spice so unsure for myself. My hope was also to get in some real food before she sees treats every where 😂

Question for vets, as this is our first time going to any party: Do you plan to do MK another day during your trip, or do you make your party night your MK day? We're going down for a long weekend from 9/22-25 (3 day stay basically). We have the tix for the party the night of the 22nd, doing EPCOT the 23rd, and trying to decide if we go back to MK for a "normal" day, or do AK.
We are also doing a short stay and making our party day our MK day using a park ticket vs. coming in a 4 pm. I would end up doing another MK day if you are only using the party ticket. However, I think it really depends on your group and how important AK is to you.

We were disappointed to find that there were no live pirates on the first party night. We rode it early (around 7:20) and again around four hours later hoping that they would be there then but unfortunately they were not.
I wonder if they are not doing the live pirates in the ride due to the rumored bat infestation on POTC. Saw a few articles last week that 500 bats are living in the ride, attacked a CM, and that is part of the reason it has had a lot of downtime recently…

Question for vets, as this is our first time going to any party: Do you plan to do MK another day during your trip, or do you make your party night your MK day? We're going down for a long weekend from 9/22-25 (3 day stay basically). We have the tix for the party the night of the 22nd, doing EPCOT the 23rd, and trying to decide if we go back to MK for a "normal" day, or do AK.
I would do AK. MK tends to be busier on non-party days as single day ticket holders avoid party days. But ultimately it’s what your crew likes, do they enjoy AK? Mine does but I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

You can’t do all the MK rides and MNSSHP entertainment in just the party hours so you do have to accept you will miss some MK stuff if you only do a party, but you can certainly do all the highlights of the park.

We're splurging and doing the dessert party at MNSSHP in Oct. We're doing the one where you sit on the terrace during fireworks. I've read some opinions saying it takes too much time away from the party. Personally I love the idea of a nice long chance to sit and relax and enjoy the treats during the fireworks. So I'm hoping to hear some reviews from anyone else who decides to do this. Thanks and hoping all who attend have a spooky good time.

For those that have been this year to the parties, how is the heat? Starting to get a bit nervous looking at temps still in the 90s when we are there. Granted, it has been over 100 degrees here in Austin for almost 2 months straight. Most days it is between 105 and 110. I was hoping for mid-80s in Orlando.

And, yes, I know it’s humid. I grew up on the coast. I can handle humidity. Just hoping temperatures are not unbearable.

I know without a MNSSHP band I cannot get onto a ride after the party start.

Can I go into the Emporium and buy merchandise after the party starts before I exit the park? Do they check banks, too?

For those that have been this year to the parties, how is the heat? Starting to get a bit nervous looking at temps still in the 90s when we are there. Granted, it has been over 100 degrees here in Austin for almost 2 months straight. Most days it is between 105 and 110. I was hoping for mid-80s in Orlando.

And, yes, I know it’s humid. I grew up on the coast. I can handle humidity. Just hoping temperatures are not unbearable.
Even the 90s will feel better than what we are getting in TX

I wonder if they are not doing the live pirates in the ride due to the rumored bat infestation on POTC. Saw a few articles last week that 500 bats are living in the ride, attacked a CM, and that is part of the reason it has had a lot of downtime recently…
Maybe. But this year they also have a pirate band playing so maybe staffing’s the reasoning?

Has there been any further information on secret treat spots? Are there any double treat spots in the parks (Mickeys Philharmagic example)

Has there been any further information on secret treat spots? Are there any double treat spots in the parks (Mickeys Philharmagic example)
There is a Kind bar secret treat spot by the train station in Fantasyland. There are double treats at Tron, Monster's Inc and Philharmagic. I havent heard of any others

Thanks! This is our first party and first trip with our kiddo. The menu looked good for my kiddo and husband, I'm a little less into spice so unsure for myself. My hope was also to get in some real food before she sees treats every where 😂
Don't worry! We don't enjoy spice in general, and have family members who won't eat bell peppers or use black table pepper. Skipper was able to modify the spices when we asked. The "favorite" at the table was the shrimp fried rice, which was a huge portion with almost no hot spices!

I can attest to it being very hot, even after dark. We’ve been to,Happily Ever After’ and ‘Fantasmic’ and it was very hot both times even though it was dark. Not the scorching heat of the day when the sun is on you but still, sit there and drip even in the evening. I looked tonight and at 9:30 it was still 92° and extremely humid. Each night everyone showers before bed as we just need to be refreshed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter