"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

The LL entry point is also the way that people using the DAS program enter the que. Party wait times are usually low, but some might be long enough that some people would enter using their DAS pass.
This was my thought as well - perhaps there were just a lot of people utilizing DAS?

We went to the party last night. We had a great time. I didn't think the crowds were too bad but it was our first MNSSP. Some of the wait times for rides were definitely high up until the first parade but they went down later in the night.

I got a VQ for Tron but my BG came up right at the end of the first parade and fireworks. I made my way over after the fireworks and the line was so long I didn't bother riding. Even at 11 the line was still long, probably like a normal park day and not a walk on like some of have reported earlier in this thread.

Some of the trick and treat stops were very generous with their scoops and some were not. Sometimes even a difference between two different CM from the same barrel. I would get a big scoop of candy and DH would get two pieces of candy if we went to the same barrel. Not a big deal but we only filled our bags and didn't have overflowing candy. We could have kept trick or treating but we wanted to do a little bit of everything during the party.

Wait times on the app are looking good at tonight's party. I hope they are that way on our night. If you're there, let us know how Labor Day and MNSSHP combo night turned out when you can.
It was a great party! Wait times were not terrible on most rides. Haunted Mansion was definitely the longest wait. Waiting til the second parade was the pro move as we got a super good spot for both the Hocus Pocus stage show and parade on the hub.

Wait times were below what was stated. Example: SDMT said 25 and it must have been 15. I did find it extremely annoying LL was available. We, along with many other groups, left the HM line because the LL kept building and we were not moving. Yes. I expected a line for that ride. The LL made it unbearable. I don’t know if I’ll go again when LL during a party is an option.
HM also went down a couple times during the party. I was stuck on it for at least 10 minutes!

We went to the party last night. We had a great time. I didn't think the crowds were too bad but it was our first MNSSP. Some of the wait times for rides were definitely high up until the first parade but they went down later in the night.

I got a VQ for Tron but my BG came up right at the end of the first parade and fireworks. I made my way over after the fireworks and the line was so long I didn't bother riding. Even at 11 the line was still long, probably like a normal park day and not a walk on like some of have reported earlier in this thread.

Some of the trick and treat stops were very generous with their scoops and some were not. Sometimes even a difference between two different CM from the same barrel. I would get a big scoop of candy and DH would get two pieces of candy if we went to the same barrel. Not a big deal but we only filled our bags and didn't have overflowing candy. We could have kept trick or treating but we wanted to do a little bit of everything during the party.
I was hoping Tron would be a walk on.

I saw someone’s video going through the Tomorrowland treat station and the CM asked if she had gotten a token upfront and didn’t give another token at the second candy station; however she still got a good amount of candy for the few tokens she did gather (not one allergy treat per token as in the past). Every vlogger’s video I saw the CMs gave overflowing scoops of candy.

Last edited:
We're splurging and doing the dessert party at MNSSHP in Oct. We're doing the one where you sit on the terrace during fireworks. I've read some opinions saying it takes too much time away from the party. Personally I love the idea of a nice long chance to sit and relax and enjoy the treats during the fireworks. So I'm hoping to hear some reviews from anyone else who decides to do this. Thanks and hoping all who attend have a spooky good time.
Have you ever done the dessert party before? I was just wondering how they can justify changing so much. Am I missing something? It's just dessert and a place to watch the fireworks from right?

Can adults and kids still dress up for MNSSHP? My wife and two daughters want to dress up as the Sanderson sisters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, during MNSSHP everyone can wear costumes. Just remember to take into account the heat. My niece was going to dress up for the party last year and the day of was so hot she changed her mind.

For what it’s worth we did Magic Kingdom on a party day and the wait was super short for Tron when our boarding group was called. We also did it during the party on 8/29 and it probably took us around 45 minutes from start to finish.

A good point regarding heat. Having a tee shirt backup (etsy.com) with an accessory (hat, bag etc) is a good idea. We have quite a collection of iron on's and new tees in various colors (stock up offseason) ready to go.

Look up Disney Bounding for ideas using clothes you have in your closet. Make it fun!

A good point regarding heat. Having a tee shirt backup (etsy.com) with an accessory (hat, bag etc) is a good idea. We have quite a collection of iron on's and new tees in various colors (stock up offseason) ready to go.

Look up Disney Bounding for ideas using clothes you have in your closet. Make it fun!
I ordered a shirt off of Etsy. It’s polyester (so will only wear for a quick photo op) and one side a necklace is not visible (avoid designs close to the neck). Print is decent otherwise. Tight on waist, loose on shoulders (why don’t they flare shirts out).

Disney had a few costume shirts (also polyester) a few years back. They need to bring those back.

We went on Friday night. Here were my key takeaways:
-we baked waiting in line-it was super hot and I felt bad for those in dark or heavy costumes-we kept it pretty light, but it was crazy hot.
-I made the mistake of telling our kids they could trick or treat all they wanted-we eventually put a stop to it-the amount of candy we left with was insane. I wonder if my kids will think everyone is a cheapskate now on Halloween for not giving out scoopfuls.
-We managed two Tron VQs-one we got in just before 6 (we booked it as soon as we went in at 4) and the second we booked right at 6 and got in at 11 something.
-Our only significant line was 7DMT-was about 30 minutes. Otherwise we found lines to be light (but to be fair they were all week-hurricane week I am guessing?).
-Our kids loved the costumes, my son spent the night complimenting people on their costumes, lol.

We made it to our car just after midnight. Overall a huge success. Our kids prioritized rides and candy-didn't have interest in the characters really, but love the theming.

Wait times were below what was stated. Example: SDMT said 25 and it must have been 15. I did find it extremely annoying LL was available. We, along with many other groups, left the HM line because the LL kept building and we were not moving. Yes. I expected a line for that ride. The LL made it unbearable. I don’t know if I’ll go again when LL during a party is an option.I wa
Wait times on the app are looking good at tonight's party. I hope they are that way on our night. If you're there, let us know how Labor Day and MNSSHP combo night turned out when you can.
We attended yesterday (9/4) after disembarking the Disney Magic and driving up from Miami. I was actually regretting not buying day tickets because lines were so short all day, but it was our first time staying and VGF and it was very hot—so we hung out by the beach pool and had a late brunch at GF Cafe. Wanting to avoid the worst of the entry lines we took the boat over and arrived around 4:45 at which point they made us queue in the sun (very limited shade or fans) for about 10-15m before being released to get in the normal entry queues at the gates. That was our second longest line of the day— I showed them our ILL for Tron that ended at 5:25 to no avail. We made it in around 5:05 and got our bracelets, bags, and walked briskly to Tron.

With the ILL (BTW, at 7:05AM the two latest available return times were 4:10 and 4:25, all other slots after 4 were gone), we walked all the way to the ramp down just before where they slot you in your rows…but as we were about to board a CM told us my son’s tail (he was Pascal) affixed with a safety pin, had to come off and we had to walk back to the lockers and start over. That was extremely frustrating with limited party time (and a sprained ankle). Then he lost his Magic Band on the light cycle and we lost another 5-10m while waiting to see if a CM could retrieve it.

By 5:55 I was angsty to get somewhere with clear reception for the VQ release and we started walking the (not yet open) treat trail to storybook circus. Wanting an after 8 return time, I deliberately counted to 4 (quickly) at 6pm, hit enter VQ around 6:00:05 and didn’t notice that the app was asking me to confirm party (PSA: I had already pre-selected our party so I was not expecting to have to hit it again. Hit second enter queue screen maybe 6:00:10 and got BG 184, which did not get called until about 10:55PM. We had started walking towards Tron when they called 183 at 10:50, and per my photo we boarded the light cycle at 11:28.

Back to 6PM— we had 6:50 reservations at CRT, and 45m to kill. We saw a sign for 7DMT saying 50m, but I’ve read (here!) lines are overstated so I asked a cast member who said it was accurate—we decided to take a chance anyway, hoping it would move faster with LL winding down. The gamble paid off and we made it through the queue in 35-40m. We had to walk to the far side of the carousel and give our names to a hostess to get past the carousel at 6:50–then we had the area between the carousel and the castle to ourselves and snapped some pictures of our kids with the sword in the stone and the castle. Dinner wasn’t fast but was a welcome break from the heat and sun— we saw 4 princesses in addition to the Cinderella greeting.

Post dinner (around 8:15?) we walked to Big Thunder Mtn RR and walked straight on 2x, then around 8:50 I sat right on the parade route at the rope across from Pecos Bill and reserved our 4’ of sitting space while my husband took our kids on the trick or treat trails nearby. BTW— there was scattered availability (more if you were willing to stand) at 8:50–but everything was wide open when we first passed at 8:30. Rider came out around 9:05 and then the parade started right at 9:15. As soon as the final float passed, we made a break for the Agrabah greeting spot and our kids got pictures with Jasmine & Genie (together) and Jafar (separate queue) between 9:35-9:55. Then we tried to stake out a spot in front of the castle where my kids could see the projections at 10–it worked out pretty well until another kid (preteen?) ran into the open spot in front of us mid-show. We had positioned ourselves on the tomorrow land side of the mainstreet circle and immediately bolted (walking briskly but not running) for Space Mtn, where we also walked on the ride (though it’s a long walk through the full queue). At that point we were hoping the Tron return would get pulled so we did the People Mover, shopping, and a a treat trail before finally walking to Tron when the number ahead of ours was called.

Our kids did most of the trick or treating and came home with a haul of 11lbs spread across 6 bags (the lady at one drop gave them extra bags when I said I was worried their bags would overflow.

Aside from CRT, which took a TON of party time, we didn’t do any eating or snacking or much shopping. But we got all of our top items accomplished and made a lot of great memories for my kids’ first MNSSHP.

I ordered a shirt off of Etsy. It’s polyester (so will only wear for a quick photo op) and one side a necklace is not visible (avoid designs close to the neck). Print is decent otherwise. Tight on waist, loose on shoulders (why don’t they flare shirts out).

Disney had a few costume shirts (also polyester) a few years back. They need to bring those back.
We order most shirts from landsend.com on clearance and have a "stock" at home (dozens in different colors). We order iron on's from etsy.com and make custom shirts. I agree, it is too risky if you don't like the fabric/cut and why we do it in two transactions and get what we want! :flower1:

We were at the 9/4 party--two adults. My husband broke his foot on 8/24 and is in a walking boot so he was riding an ECV. We knew rides would be a plus rather than a must-do. My goals were the villains stage show, the fireworks, the headless horseman/parade, and trick or treating. We wore the gray Happy Halloween 2023 t-shirts that we ordered in advance from:
Shop Disney

We were staying at the Contemporary, had a 1:50 lunch reservation at Steakhouse 71, went back to our room, and then used the walking path at around 4 pm. We could see the event entry line was long so we sat in a shady spot to cool off a little. Once we got in line, it moved pretty quickly. Got our bags and first bag of candy. Then grabbed water and sat in the shade a bit more--the sun was really strong.

This might help those who have limited ability with rides. My husband was able to do 3 rides--Buzz, Pooh, and Haunted Mansion (one of his favorites). For all 3 we asked the CM at the entry what options would be available. Buzz and HM could slow or stop the moving walks; he chose to have them stopped. (If anyone has questions on how this worked, let me know.). For Pooh he had to transfer to a wheelchair, and I pushed him through the LL (they had us use that entry). Those reporting that HM went down could have been experiencing the exit/entry for those with limited mobility.

We each ended up with a 1/2 bagful of candy, which was more than enough for us. We found a decent spot for the fireworks at around 10. When that was over, we moved up into the castle hub to watch the villains show. After that more people cleared out so we were able to move right up to the edge of the parade route. My feet were screaming at me, but it was worth it because we had a great time. No M&Gs were in our plan.

Long time lurker, first time poster here - hello! I last went to MNSSHP in 2009 o_O and after an extremely ****ty year we are flying to Orlando from the UK with plans to spend a week chilling at the resort and do one night MNSSHP. We’ll be with our ND 6 year old who loves villains. I’m disappointed there aren’t more villains meet and greets but hoping to get a good spot to see the Hocus Pocus show. Can anyone recommend the best time / place to stake out for a good spot?

Also are you allowed to start queuing for the MNSSHP entrance at MK as early as 3pm? Could we turn up then and sit in the ground or do we have to stand for an hour?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter