"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

going for the dessert party at the plaza garden, whats the best strategy for this? How long does the hocus pocus show run, debating doing that prior or staying after to see it. Would you be able to watch it from the plaza garden area you are in from the party? All new to this so looking for advice, thanks!
Also, you don’t have to enter the dessert area right away after check in (if going to the plaza garden view). It lasts 40/45 mins before or after the show (you can exit and enter again) and desserts are constantly replenished (chocolate covered strawberries might be sold out towards the end). So if fireworks were at 9 pm, the fireworks end around 9:15 and the dessert party area will be open until 10 pm.

We checked in and get our bands (usually going for the after party), entered the fireworks viewing area 20 mins before fireworks and dessert area 30 mins after fireworks (rode people mover and buzz after fireworks). For us the point of the dessert party was to not wait for hours for a good view.

In my experience… those lines are because they rotate entry between the monorail crowd, ferry crowd and the resort bus crowds. Once they release your group to the tapstiles the line moves pretty quick. It’s kind of like a traffic light. Once you get a green it moves fairly well.

Left MK around 2pm and there was a sign out that the party for tonight was sold out.
We may have crossed paths earlier today ☺️. I left around, 1130 though, but I’d already done 7 attractions, (including COP) and also sat a few times to watch DDs softball game live feed lol.

Love MK on party days! 😊

We arrived on Wed, DD went home yesterday and I leave in the morning. Have a great rest of your trip!

When I hopped to MK from AK I arrived at 2:15 and people were already lined up at the Event Entance turnstiles.

Checked in at Micky’s Philharmagic about 4:10 very short line with almost no wait.
I plan to go in MK early and check in at Philharmagic as well. Hope the line is short that night too.

Does anyone know whether you will be allowed out of the Castle if you have an ADR that ends at 9 pm? I know the areas are roped off around the castle an hour and half before and I can grab an ADR for 7:10 pm instead of the 4 pm (we were planning on getting in the park around 3:30 pm but judging from the crowds to get in and CMs erroneously directing day guests to the MNSSHP lines I don’t know if we will make our ADR on time.

Had anyone tried entering the gates at 3 pm? We have day tickets and we’re planning to take a brief resort break (or just skip the morning if kids want to go to the pool.)

Does anyone know whether you will be allowed out of the Castle if you have an ADR that ends at 9 pm? I know the areas are roped off around the castle an hour and half before and I can grab an ADR for 7:10 pm instead of the 4 pm (we were planning on getting in the park around 3:30 pm but judging from the crowds to get in and CMs erroneously directing day guests to the MNSSHP lines I don’t know if we will make our ADR on time.

Had anyone tried entering the gates at 3 pm? We have day tickets and we’re planning to take a brief resort break (or just skip the morning if kids want to go to the pool.)
You would exit out the back of the castle into Fantasyland

Very similar to what I saw on Labor Day at that time.
We were there on labor day around that time and assumed they’d have the entry crowd under control by 4:45– it took us 20m or so total to get in. Probably 10 or so from the point in the picture. I still think after 4pm they should have more lines for party guests and fewer lines for day guests to avoid people waiting in costumes in the sun.

going for the dessert party at the plaza garden, whats the best strategy for this? How long does the hocus pocus show run, debating doing that prior or staying after to see it. Would you be able to watch it from the plaza garden area you are in from the party? All new to this so looking for advice, thanks!
Apparently the area is open to all guests after fireworks and wouldn’t offer a great view of the parade or the stage show (post 1983 from last year’s thread):

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...alloween-party-lets-boo-this.3882475/page-100

Was at the party tonight (or rather yesterday at this point)!

Just a note about trick or treat strategy. At the start of the party, the lines were insane at all the treat trails I went past around 7-8pm. The lines got a lot better around 8-9pm or so. I found 9-11pm was a good time to trick or treat, possibly because this is when parade/fireworks is happening. After 11.30pm the lines started to become rather slow because a lot of treat trails switched from two candy barrels to one candy barrel.

I was dropping by treat trails whenever I wandered past one and if the line wasn't terrible - and after 11.30pm or so I just did trick or treat.

We were there on labor day around that time and assumed they’d have the entry crowd under control by 4:45– it took us 20m or so total to get in. Probably 10 or so from the point in the picture. I still think after 4pm they should have more lines for party guests and fewer lines for day guests to avoid people waiting in costumes in the sun.
I forgot something for APs- When I returned from dinner after 6pm and exited the monorail they were still having people walk all the way over to the other side for entry. Not much crowds though. But they had the pass holder entrance open so that was convenient. Denied. They wouldn’t let pass holders use the pass holder entrance unless they had a dining reservation. After the park closed. Literally made no sense.

Was at the party tonight (or rather yesterday at this point)!

Just a note about trick or treat strategy. At the start of the party, the lines were insane at all the treat trails I went past around 7-8pm. The lines got a lot better around 8-9pm or so. I found 9-11pm was a good time to trick or treat, possibly because this is when parade/fireworks is happening. After 11.30pm the lines started to become rather slow because a lot of treat trails switched from two candy barrels to one candy barrel.

I was dropping by treat trails whenever I wandered past one and if the line wasn't terrible - and after 11.30pm or so I just did trick or treat.
This is very useful info. We will try to do 1/2 trails before the parade. I did see one vlogger notice that the second treat stop was missing. I was also wondering why that’s the case because I always saw 2 stops if it was one of those long queues. The candy will melt and we’re flying in so it won’t be the focus but it’s still fun to watch kids get excited.

It’s good that they’re at least giving several pieces of candy for the kids with allergies. Last year they gave 1 candy for 1 allergy token (post 1941 on last year’s thread above; page 98). It was the same thing when we went in 2019 and the CM encouraged our son to choose sticker and toys instead of the candy bars, he had 6-7 tokens and just 2 chocolates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter