"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

My favorite Trick or Treat spot was the one tucked away under Tron which I hit after the fireworks. CM took my bag and stuffed it to overflowing! LOL

I think because you don’t see them easily and they are a bit out of the way, they didn’t have the crowds that more visible locations did. Worth the trip over for sure!

I know Disney could not care less about little old me and time will march on without me, but we will never attend another Halloween party. It was a madhouse and a total joke. Pure Disney greed overselling these parties. It’s so sad because we had such fond memories of our last party in 2011. Everything was a walk-on then, as it should be for a hard ticket event.

We stood in long lines for everything all night— until about 11pm when the lines started to thin a bit. We laughed out loud when the cm gave us ONE PIECE of candy at pirates. That was our first ride and candy stop of the night. We should have called it then, cut our losses and run.

Cue the “more room for us” responses. That’s fine. Just my opinion.

I never said I was annoyed people use DAS did I? Quit projecting your impressions onto other people. Being a teacher with many special needs students, I find your comment offensive.

When groups of people fill up the HM LL to about half of the first chunk outside, I find THAT annoying. I find it hard to believe there were that many groups that would use that. We were not the only ones leaving the line. Other lines where families would go through the LL, I get. Not crowds.
So, here's what I experienced at the 8/29 party -- if a lot of DAS users return at the same time, like after a parade or the fireworks wend, the LL lines can get extremely backed up. I was waiting for the Mickey M&G after the fireworks, and the Jack & Sally M&G LL was really backed up. Like, people using DAS were screaming mad at CMs backed up. But there's nothing the CM can do -- if everyone using the DAS system shows up at the same time, they end up waiting in the very line they were trying to avoid. I will say the CM was being very honest with people and letting them know that if they got into the line, they likely wouldn't be able to do anything else that evening.

I know Disney could not care less about little old me and time will march on without me, but we will never attend another Halloween party. It was a madhouse and a total joke. Pure Disney greed overselling these parties. It’s so sad because we had such fond memories of our last party in 2011. Everything was a walk-on then, as it should be for a hard ticket event.

We stood in long lines for everything all night— until about 11pm when the lines started to thin a bit. We laughed out loud when the cm gave us ONE PIECE of candy at pirates. That was our first ride and candy stop of the night. We should have called it then, cut our losses and run.

I thought they were using scoops this time. Sorry you had to experience this; it ruins the experience. We choose to have a good time even if we encounter a grumpy CM (routine Post COVID, fortunately we’ve seen more happier CMs recently.).

It’s not the candy per se that matters but the happiness that kids and adults feel trick or treating; almost all of the vloggers received scoop fulls. Were there any short lines? I would go again and again to make up for the lack of candy.

I would have respectfully made a pirates joke - did Jack steal the candy? No wonder he has such bad teeth. Happy Halloween!

I saw them doing this to a kid on one of the videos from last year. They gave an adult recording the video a fistful and the kid 2 pieces (I had to rewind to see it was 2 and not 1).

So, here's what I experienced at the 8/29 party -- if a lot of DAS users return at the same time, like after a parade or the fireworks wend, the LL lines can get extremely backed up. I was waiting for the Mickey M&G after the fireworks, and the Jack & Sally M&G LL was really backed up. Like, people using DAS were screaming mad at CMs backed up. But there's nothing the CM can do -- if everyone using the DAS system shows up at the same time, they end up waiting in the very line they were trying to avoid. I will say the CM was being very honest with people and letting them know that if they got into the line, they likely wouldn't be able to do anything else that evening.
I don’t know why they can’t come up with multiple Jack & Sally meet & greets in the same theatre. Also more air conditioned meet & greets are needed.

If they can setup VQs for shopping why not for the 2 longest meet & greets

Last edited:
I don’t know why they can’t come up with multiple Jack & Sally meet & greets in the same theatre. Also more air conditioned meet & greets are needed.
Wish they would have Jack meet solo during the Halloween season and then during the party exclusively with Sally. May help with crowds? Or, yes, multiple rooms…

Wish they would have Jack meet solo during the Halloween season and then during the party exclusively with Sally. May help with crowds? Or, yes, multiple rooms…
Maybe they can do a show on the haunted mansion lawn or have a dance party stage appearance before zom-beats. They need to bring back villain meet & greets (Halloween is about spooky and scary, along with not so scary Pooh and seven dwarfs).

Pirates exit was not an official Trick or Treat location. Just an extra… everyone got one piece. Tortola Tavern across the way was the official station.

Every official Trick or Treat station marked on the map was, in fact, using scoops … with hands to grab more! They were very generous. This is just from one old lady LOL

IMG_2281.jpeg

Pirates exit was not an official Trick or Treat location. Just an extra… everyone got one piece. Tortola Tavern across the way was the official station.

Every official Trick or Treat station marked on the map was, in fact, using scoops … with View attachment 792916hands to grab more! They were very generous. This is just from one old lady LOL

View attachment 792916
Did you get the bucket from the popcorn cart near the castle? Do they sell them near space Mtn?

Just a thought but maybe people left their bags back in strollers thinking pirates was not a treat stop and that’s why the Cm was giving out a single piece? If they saw a bag they should give out more

Did you get the bucket from the popcorn cart near the castle? Do they sell them near space Mtn?

Just a thought but maybe people left their bags back in strollers thinking pirates was not a treat stop and that’s why the Cm was giving out a single piece? If they saw a bag they should give out more
That could be. I use a scooter and went back to get my bag… which you needed to get that one piece!

I got my spooky popcorn bucket at the cart by Liberty Tree Tavern… had to wait a bit but I don’t think the line was a long as the one in the hub… maybe 10 minutes.

This was almost our experience as well. The worst experience for us was at Cosmic Rays where I waited for 55 minutes for that stupid chicken sandwich that was basically just hot garbage. Had I known it was going to take that long I would have just forfeited the money and walked away at fifteen minutes but they kept stringing us along and taking more orders. It was a big mess and I'm so over the greed and overselling and not opening up simple features like mobile order when there's supposed to be a fraction of the regular guests. Never again.

I thought they were using scoops this time. Sorry you had to experience this; it ruins the experience. We choose to have a good time even if we encounter a grumpy CM (routine Post COVID, fortunately we’ve seen more happier CMs recently.).

It’s not the candy per se that matters but the happiness that kids and adults feel trick or treating; almost all of the vloggers received scoop fulls. Were there any short lines? I would go again and again to make up for the lack of candy.

I would have respectfully made a pirates joke - did Jack steal the candy? No wonder he has such bad teeth. Happy Halloween!

I saw them doing this to a kid on one of the videos from last year. They gave an adult recording the video a fistful and the kid 2 pieces (I had to rewind to see it was 2 and not 1).
We had three different experiences at three stops. The first gave one piece of candy, monsters inc used a scoop and Tron gave a handful. Our bags were half empty when we left. The lines were too long to go again or try other stops. I’m an adult and I don’t really eat candy but it’s the principle of the thing. This is a very expensive outing and I want my money’s worth.

For reference, in 2011 we each had TWO treat bags full of candy. We weren’t going to but they gave us an additional bag without asking and then filled it up.

Agree with your cm comment. Most of them looked like they wanted to kill themselves rather than be there. Some were downright mean.

This was almost our experience as well. The worst experience for us was at Cosmic Rays where I waited for 55 minutes for that stupid chicken sandwich that was basically just hot garbage. Had I known it was going to take that long I would have just forfeited the money and walked away at fifteen minutes but they kept stringing us along and taking more orders. It was a big mess and I'm so over the greed and overselling and not opening up simple features like mobile order when there's supposed to be a fraction of the regular guests. Never again.
100% agree about it NOT being a fraction of the regular guests. It was WAY more crowded than our other two MK days yet NO ability to purchase Genie plus for rides. I never in my wildest dreams thought the lines would be 30, 40, 60 minutes for the good rides. Had I known we would have avoided the party altogether.

The whole night was a total cluster. The float breaking down in the middle of the first parade was the cherry on top. All we could do was laugh at that point.

100% agree about it NOT being a fraction of the regular guests. It was WAY more crowded than our other two MK days yet NO ability to purchase Genie plus for rides. I never in my wildest dreams thought the lines would be 30, 40, 60 minutes for the good rides. Had I known we would have avoided the party altogether.

The whole night was a total cluster. The float breaking down in the middle of the first parade was the cherry on top. All we could do was laugh at that point.
Which night did you go? I am going on Sunday.

While I had a much more pleasant experience than some… lovely CMs, plenty of treats… I will say it was much more crowded than I would imagined. I don’t do the big rides anymore so that wasn’t an issue. But I can certainly see where it would be for families wanting to take advantage of shorter lines… not! And mercifully I didn’t even attempt the special food lines… had read earlier what a mess Cosmic Rays was, even the bloggers were complaining!

I avoided the first parade doing trick or treating and rides instead since I assumed the second parade would be less crowded. Again, it was not! Many gathered for fireworks and as soon as it was done, staked out their parade spot. Seems to me crowds were heavy and never thinned.
This makes planning more than a little tricky.

Your experience sounded more crowded (and worse) than ours (we went Labor Day)—but we won’t be in a hurry to do MNSSHP again because of the crowds and waiting. For what Disney charged for that period of time, it was too crowded (and losing 30m of pre-party entry time being herded around queues to get in in the sun was not my idea of a good time). I set our expectations really low once I heard that Tron VQ was disappearing in less than a minute—assuming it meant the park would be packed. We had a pretty good time overall but I think I would have felt differently if we cared to actually meet any of the A list characters or had to wait 30-45m for quick service food (we had an ADR).

We attended the party on Friday, 9/8. Arrived at the MK by ferry from the TTC at around 3:30ish. At that point, the line for party-goers to enter was down near the beginning of the bus area. Once they started letting people in a little before 4 though it moved pretty fast. We were surprised to see that there were still spots available for the afternoon Tron Virtual Queue, so we grabbed boarding groups on our way to get Dole Whip and head to the Tiki Room. Our boarding group was called around 4:45 I think, we showed up at about 5:20 and probably waited about 40 minutes from the time we got in the line to the time that we got on a lightcycle. This was our first time on Tron and we both agreed that it's fun, but incredibly short and not worth a huge wait. We ended up not bothering to try and ride again during the party. In total, we did 14 attractions, 1 character meet & greet (Mickey Mouse in his Halloween costume), a couple of photo spots, and watched the second parade. It was nice to get in a ride on Peter Pan with just a quick 10 minute wait. We watched fireworks while getting in several rides on SDMT with little to no wait. We also stopped at just about every treat stop and brought home a little over 6 pounds of candy. This was our first time attending a sold out Halloween party and also our first time doing a party where the party ticket was our only Disney ticket for the day (we added the party on to an already planned Univeral parks trip). We thought the lines were not bad at all and overall, happy with what all we were able to get done during the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter