"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Attending the Oct 27th event. This will be the 1 year anniversary of my wife's sudden passing, her wishes were for family and friends to go to WDW instead of a funeral. She loved Boo To You parade and the party.

Start with a 3:40pm rez at BoG then hit the rides :)
So sorry about your wife. I hope you can have a happy time at Disney.

What time do people recommend getting to the TTC if you’re wanting to be in line for entry at 3:30? I was planning on 3, but will transportation from the TTC to MK be really backed up?
What time do you want to enter the MK? Arriving at 3:30 will be peak time so lines will already be very, very long at that point. The lines probably won't be too bad at the TTC but they will be crazy at the MK. If you hope to be towards the front of the crowd entering for the party I would recommend arriving at TTC at 2:30 at the latest.

What time do you want to enter the MK? Arriving at 3:30 will be peak time so lines will already be very, very long at that point. The lines probably won't be too bad at the TTC but they will be crazy at the MK. If you hope to be towards the front of the crowd entering for the party I would recommend arriving at TTC at 2:30 at the latest.
I guess maybe the right question is what time to arrive if you want to balance maximizing time in the park but minimizing the wait in line. I was figuring just getting in line at 3:30, even if it is a long line, because multiple other comments make it sound like things move relatively efficiently once they open up the lines. We have no interest in sitting in line for an hour and a half - I don’t need to be the first in the park.

But, does it make sense to arrive a little later then? Like, at what point do the lines start to go down, or at least start moving consistently?

I know this has been asked but I skimmed the first few pages and didnt see it. If we have a MK reservation for the day of the party along with a ticket to the MNSSHP where do we pick up the wristbands and do we have to wait until 4pm to pick them up?

I know this has been asked but I skimmed the first few pages and didnt see it. If we have a MK reservation for the day of the party along with a ticket to the MNSSHP where do we pick up the wristbands and do we have to wait until 4pm to pick them up?

They will have multiple stations around the park where you can get your bands and treat bags! No need to return to the entrance of the park. Not sure about the exact time they start distributing them.

Some of the reviews here are a little discouraging. We will be going at the end of October with kids and grandkids. Some of us are going to be in the MK in the morning/day (10/29) because we didn't get party tickets. One son/wife/2 kids (7 and 4) will be going with DD and her husband. I know they spent so much money on this and I really hope they have a great time! I'm not sure what they are prioritizing - the parade, fw, show and getting candy and hoping to ride some rides. So much $$ if it feels so crowded :( We are hoping to overlap between 4-6 to enjoy some time together.

Quick question (I hope I'm clear enough in my explanation! lol):

If I have a park reservation for the day of my party (I do) and I leave around lunch for break time at my resort, then come back around 2-3pm to Magic Kingdom I'll be able to bypass the party line right? And just head in the normal turnstiles since I have a park reservation? Or at that point in the day do they make EVERYONE line up?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, I'm just trying to plan our travel that day.

The show and parade at MNSSHP hasn’t changed much (some floats have been added but Goofy used to throw candy from the huge candy float) and hub/main street is way too crowded.
The parade was a huge disappointment. The last party we attended in 2011, the parade was much better in every way. This one is lackluster at best. Then that one float broke down and delayed the last quarter of the parade. The cm’s were yelling at those of us in the circle to stay put and not try to cross the street. We were trapped.

The only one having fun was my son because EVERY single female character/dancer came over to him and fawned all over him. He’s a very handsome young man and I guess they noticed. 😂

Quick question (I hope I'm clear enough in my explanation! lol):

If I have a park reservation for the day of my party (I do) and I leave around lunch for break time at my resort, then come back around 2-3pm to Magic Kingdom I'll be able to bypass the party line right? And just head in the normal turnstiles since I have a park reservation? Or at that point in the day do they make EVERYONE line up?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, I'm just trying to plan our travel that day.
Yes, you can do this with no problem. They'll direct you where to go. We were at last Friday's party and I had a day ticket and my DD did not. I went to DHS in the morning, then back to the hotel for a midday break and to change for the party.

think I entered around 3:15-3:30, and met up with DD around 4:10. The line looked crazy long as we got off the buses and she was held in a separate area behind a rope (this also had a long line) behind the group at the tap-in point, but once the line moved, she said it went pretty quickly.

I picked mine up by Mickeys Philharmagic which started distribution at 4pm exactly. Very short line so really quick and efficient.

Don’t go to the one across from Monster’s Inc like we did. The line was very longgggg and in the full sun with no shade. I’m guessing Mickey’s Philharmagic would have been much better.

I guess maybe the right question is what time to arrive if you want to balance maximizing time in the park but minimizing the wait in line. I was figuring just getting in line at 3:30, even if it is a long line, because multiple other comments make it sound like things move relatively efficiently once they open up the lines. We have no interest in sitting in line for an hour and a half - I don’t need to be the first in the park.

But, does it make sense to arrive a little later then? Like, at what point do the lines start to go down, or at least start moving consistently?

3:45 worked well for us. We were getting off the boat at 3:45 and in by a few minutes after 4. It was a long line and quite possibly the longest, hottest 15 minutes of my life (August) in the sun, but we didn't stand for long before it started moving. :)

Does the Headless Horseman run the entire parade route from the start of the parade in FrontierLand all the way thru Main Street?

My preference is to watch the parade in FrontierLand but I don't want to miss the Headless Horseman.

Our ressie for CRT is for breakfast the morning of the party at 8:00 (a Thrusday). I'm really looking forward to this as I've never gotten to eat in the castle before. As we have tickets and reservations, I thought we'd ride a few rides - outdoor stuff especially- and leave around noon. Go to hotel and swim or rest and come back at least by 2:00. Then eat dinner at Columbia Harbor Hse around 3:00 and join the party when the time comes. Is this even doable??

We do have another day to do MK so I won't be missing out.
I would keep CRT unless you are ok paying for lunch And there is a late lunch available.

We have CRT at 4 pm and couldn’t get 5-6 pm (computer glitches, there was availability when ADR window opened, but none when I finally got through an hour or so later!). The idea is to start the party meeting princesses and then trick Or treat and ride rides (and remember to get a VQ for Tron at 6 pm; fuzzy taun taun at Oga’s meant I forgot to book my second LL (yes 11 am) at HS despite the alarm) before doing one big meet and greet (or not) during first parade. Then just dance party, fireworks, second parade and trick or treating (haunted mansion (or just the lawn performance), tea cups, SDMT (maybe) & space mt). We were initially planning on riding a few rides in the am (usually in Adventureland - pirates, JC, BTM, so we don’t have to go trek there at night). Get Dole whips and spring rolls and head to our resort around 11:30-12 (lunch, nap). We planned on starting back around 2:30-3 pm, but the crowds are so intense at 3 pm (staying at AOA but buses will take an hour) we are now planning on skipping the morning and starting at 2 pm, unless we get 5 pm dinner (kids nap time is important and if they rest an hour or two we can hopefully make it till 11:30 and watch the second parade-11:15 pm).

We are going 10/31; I’m not sure if Disney is capping the higher priced parties the same but I, expecting higher crowds than other sold out parties. We have a second MK day after as well.

Last edited:
Some of the reviews here are a little discouraging. We will be going at the end of October with kids and grandkids. Some of us are going to be in the MK in the morning/day (10/29) because we didn't get party tickets. One son/wife/2 kids (7 and 4) will be going with DD and her husband. I know they spent so much money on this and I really hope they have a great time! I'm not sure what they are prioritizing - the parade, fw, show and getting candy and hoping to ride some rides. So much $$ if it feels so crowded :( We are hoping to overlap between 4-6 to enjoy some time together.
Everyone’s experience is different. The best trips we’ve had are with grandparents where we did more sit downs, few rides and lots of people watching.

I think the disappointments come from wanting to do more and trying to get your ‘money’s worth’ (more rides, more candy, more meet & greets). I’m guilty of that as well, but we still love WDW and we make the best of our trip despite the few arguments or let downs you have juggling 3 kids. If you look at the big picture, the candy has to be carried back in your suitcase (our Kids would be a nightmare to handle if we gave them too much candy); you can buy it at Costco for $20. Good entertainment (fireworks, parade & Horus pocus) are worth the price if you haven’t seen them before. Also you get a second try for Troy VQ at 6 pm.

Last year we had so much fun just dancing on NYE in Tomorrowland and when everyone had almost cleared out, they played baby shark (our 3 year old was dancing). We didn’t run around trying to ride this or that. Oh and the crowds were part of the fun and everyone was happy and having a good time whatever they were doing. We met a few stressed out/angry people earlier when it was hot, but it’s your vacation and don’t let anyone put a damper on it. A disney vacation is what you make it (I have a cousin from California who took her kids to all 4 parks In one day (warned her not go do that) staying offsite and concluded at the end that WDW wasn’t magical!)

If you‘re starting to feel anxious, watch MNSSHP videos by Paging Mr. Morrow (Nate), Mammoth club (Molly), Allears and Tim Tracker (top faves). Your experience will be different but it helps to know before you go to avoid some of the pitfalls. Hereafter the parties will be more crowded closer to Halloween.

Last edited:
Do I need a wristband? What if I want to stay without one?
  • Yes, a wristband is included in the cost of admission. All ticket holders for this event will be required to wear a wristband. You may pick-up your wristband and map of the party at designated locations in the MK.
  • Once the party begins at 7pm, Cast Members begin looking for those who do not have wristbands to exit the park.
  • MNSSHP Ticket Holders have purchased tickets with "their money" for the party; if you do not have a ticket/wristband make your way to exit the gates by 7pm.
  • As discussed on another thread, there are different color wristbands, so NO Double Dipping to attend another party.
  • Oh, my! I'm already in the park. Do I have to exit and re-enter for MNSSHP? No, there are checkpoints within the park to check-in and receive wristbands for MNSSHP!
Locations
Magic Kingdom Entrance Turnstiles
Tortuga Tavern
Fantasy Faire (Fantasyland)
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (Tomorrowland)

Ribbon Wristbands Replace Old Plastic Admission Bracelets

Yes, wristabands are not available until 4pm. In the past, maybe around 3:45pm but not sure since the return of MNSSHP.

Attending the Oct 27th event. This will be the 1 year anniversary of my wife's sudden passing, her wishes were for family and friends to go to WDW instead of a funeral. She loved Boo To You parade and the party.

Start with a 3:40pm rez at BoG then hit the rides :)
Your wife was sounds like an amazing person. I hope you guys make wonderful memories just as she dreamed for you.

Makes us all think how grateful we should be to spend time with family & friends; puts things into perspective.

Do post back and let us know how it goes!

Does the Headless Horseman run the entire parade route from the start of the parade in FrontierLand all the way thru Main Street?

My preference is to watch the parade in FrontierLand but I don't want to miss the Headless Horseman.
I watched the parade from Frontierland on Sunday and the headless horseman went through Frontierland.

He opens the parade by traveling the entire route about 10 minutes before the parade starts. If you wait until the parade start time in Frontierland to see him, you'll miss him. You won't miss him by getting to Frontierland a bit early, and if you really wanted to you could use the cut through from Frontier through Adventureland to get to Main Street and see him twice. He leaves from the opening between Pecos Bills and the pathway to Splash Mountain. I absolutely adore that horse but I think it would be overly generous to say he "runs". It's a very dignified, ummm, sedate pace, worthy of a horse doing his job amidst a million distractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter