"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

I had to catch AKL bus from MK on Friday for dinner and the line to get in for the party on Friday was INSANE. I never seen a line like that before. That had it roped off going over by security/boat dock area and there were hundreds in line.
Yes, she talked about having a line that went down by the boat dock. She came from the TTC so had already been through security but was shocked at just how far it was all stacked up.

I had to catch AKL bus from MK on Friday for dinner and the line to get in for the party on Friday was INSANE. I never seen a line like that before. That had it roped off going over by security/boat dock area and there were hundreds in line.

I'm so glad we have park hoppers - we're starting our day at Epcot for F&W and will be able to use the regular entrance whenever we want that afternoon.

Can anyone take pictures of the line?

Is there a pathway for the regular entrance around 2:30-3 pm? If lines are that long I’m worried if CMs are going to restrict people going towards the regular entrance.

We will be coming in by bus from Art of Animation. We have day tickets, ADR at 4 pm and MNSSHP tickets.

Last edited:

Can anyone take pictures of the line?

Is there a pathway for the regular entrance around 2:30-3 pm? If lines are that long I’m worried if CMs are going to restrict people going towards the regular entrance.

We will be coming in by bus from Art of Animation.
Say you don't have a party ticket and only an AP/day ticket. They have to let you through the regular gate since the park is open until 6pm.

I left MK just before 4pm on Friday 8 September and remember seeing the line all the way down at the boat dock too...

Based on what we saw on a few party days recently, unless you plan to arrive before 3:00 and wait for almost an hour or, after 6:30/7:00 I would plan on waiting in a substantial line. It will appear overwhelming but in a reasonable amount of time you will be inside enjoying the party.

Reality is there are thousands and thousands of people trying to enter the park in a very short amount of time and add to that things get slowed down even more as each person needs to have a wristband secured on their wrist.

We left the park 3 different days at a variety of times between 4:00 and 6:00 and all 3 times the crowded making their way in were massive reaching back towards the buses, boat dock and monorail. But, they’re moving.

It’s just reality so rather than try to avoid them as they will ebb and flow at different times each day, just plan for it and be prepared.

I see it as similar to watching the fireworks. It will be crowded and rather than fight the crowds, it’s reality and part of the experience.

Large lines are common most party days from 3:00-7:00 but they’re lines that will move at a reasonable pace.

Last edited:
What has the wait been like for 7DMT during the party? Ds told me today he wants to ride it but I don’t want to waste a bunch of party time.

What has the wait been like for 7DMT during the party? Ds told me today he wants to ride it but I don’t want to waste a bunch of party time.
I waited around 25 minutes when I got in line at around 6.15pm Sunday 10 September. Posted wait time according to my notes was 55 minutes!

Figured I didn't have anything better to do (pre party, not doing special characters, and had done most MK rides using genie+ a couple of days before) and was faster than I expected.

I waited around 25 minutes when I got in line at around 6.15pm Sunday 10 September. Posted wait time according to my notes was 55 minutes!

Figured I didn't have anything better to do (pre party, not doing special characters, and had done most MK rides using genie+ a couple of days before) and was faster than I expected.
Amazing how well the line moves without the Lightning Lane interfering, isn't it?

That’s not bad at all. If I saw it at 55 minutes I don’t think I could get in line though in case it actually is that long lol. Ds (3) would never wait that long

The line by Monster Inc was long as well. If you can wait until after 5 pm for your party band, that would be a better choice.

Amazing how well the line moves without the Lightning Lane interfering, isn't it?
It was probably more due to the reduced number of people. LL does add 20-30 mins (we went post pandemic before Genie+ and lines were ridiculously long - 50 mins for POC (during FP+ days had 30 min waits) and 45 for Big Thunder. We rode those 2, saw a parade and left Mk for the pool.

There is a check in for the party by Mickeys Philharmagic which I don’t think a lot of people realize. I went through at about 4:10 with virtually no wait.
That’s great. We have ADR at 4 pm, so could possibly get the bands while checking in. Thanks for this info.

That’s not bad at all. If I saw it at 55 minutes I don’t think I could get in line though in case it actually is that long lol. Ds (3) would never wait that long
Most lines will be inflated except Haunted Mansion. I believe SDMT will be inflated towards the evening and Space is spot on (from previous reports, correct me if I’m wrong).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter