"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

One thing I noticed about the party was that in the initial parties several treat locations were double treat and they were not on Sunday - Tiki Room and Monsters, Inc. and the Tron which was a triple treat was only a double. It did seem like a lot of people At the party. The treat locations had lines all night. Enjoyed the parade, fireworks and shows. Rode a few rides. Did not do any M&Gs or photo shots. Had a great time tho.

I wonder if the bear was there that night. lol

So has the wait at Cosmic Ray's been a mess for everyone or has anyone had a good experience there? My plan was to eat there because I want the chicken sandwich, but my backup choice is Pecos Bills so I'm wondering what my chances are.

I really wish they had mobile order during the party.
We ate there during the party 9/8 and before party around 6p on 9/10. It wasn’t too bad. We always sit far right corner when facing checkouts,

The meatball sub was so good! I talked about it all weekend. 😂

One thing I noticed about the party was that in the initial parties several treat locations were double treat and they were not on Sunday - Tiki Room and Monsters, Inc. and the Tron which was a triple treat was only a double. It did seem like a lot of people At the party. The treat locations had lines all night. Enjoyed the parade, fireworks and shows. Rode a few rides. Did not do any M&Gs or photo shots. Had a great time tho.

When I went on 9-12, tron was only a double treat which I heard from past it was a 4 stop treat, monsters and Tiki was only a single stop. There was a surprise stop when you got off of Pirates. Most CM were generous with the scoops but some were stingy, especially those working Little Mermaid stop.

For Pecos Bill and Cosmic Ray hours on Disney's site, it has on party nights that it's open until 5:45 and then the special event starts at 7:00. These 2 restaurants don't close between 5:45 and 7:00, do they? That wouldn't make any sense. We usually eat dinner around 6:00ish so I need to find some place open.

We will be spending the majority of the party in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Last year we watched the first parade in front of the Mickey meet and greet because we left right after. This year I’m hoping we can stay longer so I don’t really want to walk all the way down there to watch the parade and go back down main street. Where would be a good spot for us to watch it from?

Ds would love to see the Jack puppet on stage so I think we want to plan that as well. I’m trying to figure out the timing to see the first parade and then watching him up on stage.

I asked this upthread but didn’t get a reply then - can anyone recommend a good place to stand for the stage show outside the castle?

I think I've hit on my MNSSHP costume this year...a bear suit with a sash that says "Kingdom Crasher".

I asked this upthread but didn’t get a reply then - can anyone recommend a good place to stand for the stage show outside the castle?
A recent video that I saw you could watch the parade from the Adventureland side (leaning on one of the rails) and still have a great view. The best view is head on and you’ll have a better chance to get a good view after the second parade (for the midnight show).

Molly gives a good overview

Last edited:
Went to the party last night and had a great time! We got a lot done between the pre-party time and during the party, moreso than expected since it was pretty crowded. Definitely seemed a lot more crowded than last year, but not as crazy crowded as 2018. Having a good plan definitely helped, although it was hard to move about the park with how packed the walkways were. Also having the dessert party to break up the night, and give our feet some rest, was really nice.

The big thing we were surprised by was the lack of treats we got. We figured with the scoops we'd get more than previous years, but we ended up with far less. After hitting up each treat trail, some multiple times, we still don't have full bags. In past years after only like three treat trails towards the end of the night we'd fill up almost two bags. Not sure if we just got unlucky with the people we had giving out treats, but often each scoop only had 2-3 pieces in it. Not the end of the world, but just surprising since I heard that people were getting a lot more this year.

Overall a fun night, going to be singing boo to you for the next few months now!

Went to the party last night and had a great time! We got a lot done between the pre-party time and during the party, moreso than expected since it was pretty crowded. Definitely seemed a lot more crowded than last year, but not as crazy crowded as 2018. Having a good plan definitely helped, although it was hard to move about the park with how packed the walkways were. Also having the dessert party to break up the night, and give our feet some rest, was really nice.

The big thing we were surprised by was the lack of treats we got. We figured with the scoops we'd get more than previous years, but we ended up with far less. After hitting up each treat trail, some multiple times, we still don't have full bags. In past years after only like three treat trails towards the end of the night we'd fill up almost two bags. Not sure if we just got unlucky with the people we had giving out treats, but often each scoop only had 2-3 pieces in it. Not the end of the world, but just surprising since I heard that people were getting a lot more this year.

Overall a fun night, going to be singing boo to you for the next few months now!
Strange about candy we went to party on 9/4 and received heaping scoops at almost every treat station we visited. Had 4 bags of candy in no time later in evening And party was sold out but didnt feel crowded at all.

We went on 9/12 and had the same experience with the candy. Our bags were only ½ full - maybe - after we stopped at most trick-or-treat places. I mostly received Starburst, which was fine with me as I prefer those over chocolate. This was our first MNSSHP, and I really talked up the abundance of candy with the others in my party - oops.

We went on 9/12 and had the same experience with the candy. Our bags were only ½ full - maybe - after we stopped at most trick-or-treat places. I mostly received Starburst, which was fine with me as I prefer those over chocolate. This was our first MNSSHP, and I really talked up the abundance of candy with the others in my party - oops.
That just seems extraordinary to me since I did the party on 9/10 and loaded my bag at least 3 times. Sorted it when I got back to the room… about 175 pieces more than half chocolate, loads of M & M’s. Posted this pic earlier. Got home and filled more than 3 old Disney popcorn buckets!
IMG_2281.jpeg
All I can think is that they maybe started cutting back in quantities to get through the rest of the Halloween parties… which is NOT cool! :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter