"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Just an FYI for those looking to get party tickets for sold out parties. Our trip was 9/14-9/18. We were able to get tickets to the sold out party on 9/15 while at MK the day before. The CM told us they had tickets available for all the September parties still even though they were sold out on the website. So if you are at MK prior to the party you want to attend, it certainly wouldn't hurt to about available tickets at Guest Services.

When I went on the 17th, I did go thru every treat stop. A couple I did twice even. I got plenty of candy - 155 pieces. I had a backpack that I dumped the candy in. Some stations were a little more conservative than others. The tiki room CM gave me two scoops. LOL I brought all the candy back to the office for the staff who is enjoying it immensely - which was my reason for collecting it. :)

When I went on the 17th, I did go thru every treat stop. A couple I did twice even. I got plenty of candy - 155 pieces. I had a backpack that I dumped the candy in. Some stations were a little more conservative than others. The tiki room CM gave me two scoops. LOL I brought all the candy back to the office for the staff who is enjoying it immensely - which was my reason for collecting it. :)
You're acquiring is much more noble than mine. If I am able to keep it from melting I will be redistributing it as trick or treat candy on Halloween lol. May-be my kids can have a piece or two as a reward for collecting it. Maybe.

Just a quick notification!!

Today 9/27 at 4:45pm I was able to grab tickets to one of the night in October on the WDW ticket hotline. The incredible cast member (shout out Lamar!) told me that there were 4 dates in October to choose from. That sometimes the cancellations, changes, etc. don't reflect on the main site and they hold some back for phone calls.

So if you're looking for October I'd try giving a call to WDW!

I am going tomorrow (most likely in the rain 😪) and I feel so unprepared LOL. I have never been to the Halloween party before. Do they hand out maps of treat locations when you enter? Are you told where to get a trick or treat bag? How do I locate the times for the parades, hocus pocus shows and fireworks? This thread has been enormously helpful. I didn't know what I didn't know. Any suggestions for attending on a rainy night? Thanks!

I am going tomorrow (most likely in the rain 😪) and I feel so unprepared LOL. I have never been to the Halloween party before. Do they hand out maps of treat locations when you enter? Are you told where to get a trick or treat bag? How do I locate the times for the parades, hocus pocus shows and fireworks? This thread has been enormously helpful. I didn't know what I didn't know. Any suggestions for attending on a rainy night? Thanks!
I'd start with page 1 of this thread. It is loaded with helpful information including the times you're asking about. If you're entering the park at party time, you're directed where to get your wristlet, bag and first candy. If already in the park ahead of the party, there are several locations where you pick up your wristlet and bag/candy. As for rain, bring a poncho or buy one in the park. They sometimes cancel the parade and shows for rain, but the good thing about having more than one parade and stage show is not all of they will likely be rained out since the rain often doesn't last for hours...but that isn't guaranteed.

I know it’s been reported that lines are long to get into the party for 4pm. How long are they if you go a little later like 4:30/5?
Last Fri, 9/22, the line was long when we walked up, but it moved fairly quick. They sent large groups of people at a time to the tapstiles. We arrived around 4:30.

We have park hoppers on the day of the upcoming party we are attending and plan on going over to Magic Kingdom around 2 pm. My question is, will we (adults) be able to have our costumes on, or since this isn't technically party hours yet will we need to wait until 4 and change in the park?

We have park hoppers on the day of the upcoming party we are attending and plan on going over to Magic Kingdom around 2 pm. My question is, will we (adults) be able to have our costumes on, or since this isn't technically party hours yet will we need to wait until 4 and change in the park?
How elaborate are the costumes? You can rent a locker and change before 4 pm. I wouldn’t recommend wearing heavy costumes in the Florida heat before then anyway.

PlanDisney May not be 100% accurate:
https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...alloween-wear-costume-pm-reservations-549006/

Hey everyone. Max goof as powerline was a highlight to the party last year for me. This year its different as they have the pop up parties. It says it's random, but I doubt it is. Does anyone have any idea as to when and where those pop up parties are?

Thanks!

Hey everyone. Max goof as powerline was a highlight to the party last year for me. This year its different as they have the pop up parties. It says it's random, but I doubt it is. Does anyone have any idea as to when and where those pop up parties are?

Thanks!
This is the only video I’ve seen with some info. So for sure at Tomorrowland and then they go to Main Street before the parade making a stop in the middle of Main Street and sometimes one near the train station.

https://wdwprepschool.com/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-characters/

Sometimes they stop in the hub as well (Paging Mr Morrow had a video where they entered near the ice cream parlor and headed towards Main Street not going into the hub, so I suppose it depends on weather and delays on where they show up)

I see they perform in the pirates area as well

Last edited:
I don’t see Jack and Sally and Seven Dwarfs wait times. Today is a Halloween party night and it’s almost 9 pm

Does anyone else have issues? Or are the wait times visible to guests with party tickets? I can see all other rides and character meet wait times.

Going through the event guide on the main page I still don’t see wait times for Jack & Sally or Seven Dwarfs
047D5BA0-C048-439E-B91B-86E3AD839C2A.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone’s Tron BG been called while they’re waiting for Seven Dwarfs? Have you gotten an extension in that case? I can’t view wait times and Vloggers have said it has been consistently around an hour during the first parade. The meet & greet closes at 11:15 pm? Is that true for Pooh & friends as well?

Has anyone’s Tron BG been called while they’re waiting for Seven Dwarfs? Have you gotten an extension in that case? I can’t view wait times and Vloggers have said it has been consistently around an hour during the first parade. The meet & greet closes at 11:15 pm? Is that true for Pooh & friends as well?
Not personal experience, but I’ve seen several reports say that they aren’t enforcing the return times during the party like they are during normal hours. Obvs, I’d suggest you verify that with real-world experince!

This would not be allowed. If you are late to your Tron BG (without an ADR receipt and even that is at CM's discretion) you will not be able to ride.

It is easy to see in the app what BG's are currently being called and how long the wait time is for SDMT. It is the guest's decision to make if they feel they should get in line for SDMT.

Not personal experience, but I’ve seen several reports say that they aren’t enforcing the return times during the party like they are during normal hours. Obvs, I’d suggest you verify that with real-world experince!
Last Sunday (9/24) our BG got called at 10:36 while we were on line for Pooh & Friends, then we went to the fireworks and Parade #2. We got on line for Tron at 11:58, cast members didn't even blink. It was a total walk on, they didn't even have enough people to fill up bikes. So you would probably be fine slipping in right at the end of the night.

I know it’s been reported that lines are long to get into the party for 4pm. How long are they if you go a little later like 4:30/5?

Last Fri, 9/22, the line was long when we walked up, but it moved fairly quick. They sent large groups of people at a time to the tapstiles. We arrived around 4:30.
We were at 9/22 party too. We got in line at the gates around 3:45 and were inside the park around 4:05. I had read about how long it was taking people to get in, so we timed it.

Once the lines started moving, it moved at a steady pace.

This would not be allowed. If you are late to your Tron BG (without an ADR receipt and even that is at CM's discretion) you will not be able to ride.

It is easy to see in the app what BG's are currently being called and how long the wait time is for SDMT. It is the guest's decision to make if they feel they should get in line for SDMT.
I was talking about the Seven Dwarfs meet and greet. I can see SDMT wait times and during the party the wait is no longer than 30 mins for the ride. On the other hand the Seven Dwarfs meet has reportedly been 90 mins and I can’t view the wait times in the app for this and the Jack & Sally meet & greet (screenshot above)

I just want to see if anyone had experienced any conflicts. I saw a Vlogger who was 30 mins past their 1 hour window and the MB still turned green. It would help decide whether or not to exit the line. I’ll try my best to keep checking the BGs and not get in line if we are close to being called.

At 10:04 est this is what I see (no time for Jack/Sally or Seven Dwarfs meet greet); are wait times not updated for these?:
10D07076-B2FF-482E-90ED-4F2C8B17E5A9.jpeg1B197233-4E9E-41DD-A9F6-368338FEABA7.jpeg

Last edited:
Just a quick notification!!

Today 9/27 at 4:45pm I was able to grab tickets to one of the night in October on the WDW ticket hotline. The incredible cast member (shout out Lamar!) told me that there were 4 dates in October to choose from. That sometimes the cancellations, changes, etc. don't reflect on the main site and they hold some back for phone calls.

So if you're looking for October I'd try giving a call to WDW!
Thank you!
I did call and the CM said “once sold out it us sold out”, so maybe I will try again. Thank you all to your reports of getting an extra ticket!

I was talking about the Seven Dwarfs meet and greet.

It seems the Jack and Sally and Seven Dwarfs meet and greet wait times have not been posted in the app since some of the first few parties. I haven't really seen much mention of the wait times on some of the other non-standard meet and greets (Belle, Jafar, Stitch, etc.) either.

We were hoping those who had already attended the event could shed some light on these M&G wait times so we could better plan, but this is what I have managed to gather so far from these forums and watching YouTube videos:

- Get to Jack and Sally early, the wait has been reported to get as high as 4 hours
- Seven Dwarfs is usually around 60-90 minutes, also recommended to arrive at this one early
- Other M&Gs seem to hover around 30 minutes, but of course YMMV

Very interested in what other visitor's experience has been so far, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter