Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

You can start making reservations for PBR starting Aug. 1st. So just based on that, I'd guess Aug. 1st would be the planned reopening day.

You can start making reservations for PBR starting Aug. 1st. So just based on that, I'd guess Aug. 1st would be the planned reopening day.
That's what I was worried about - I have a reservation during the last week of July and have not received any communications that they won't be open yet.

UPDATE: I did call and was told the current proposed opening date is July 1st but they can't confirm it will really be open on that date. She did say if the resort is not open at the time of my reservation, they will offer to move me. I hope I get some input into where I am moved. :)

Last edited:
I would suggest calling to see what the status of your reservation is. If the hotel isn't opened yet, they may be planning on moving you to either the HRH or RPR instead. Or they may be planning on opening it a week or 2 earlier than they are taking new reservations. That could help them work out start-up issues with maybe a smaller crowd.

I have a reservation Julu 28-August 4 club level room. I can live without club level but really want the deluxe room since we are bring our 16 month old grandson. I think I will make another reservation at HRH Deluxe room and just wait and see which one to cancel since the cancellation fees are so generous right now

Certain rates into Oct also dropped by $10. It's not consistent, but worth checking. Saved a little on SF in Oct.

No budge on price for RP first week of October
It’s still the same as when I booked it

Stupid question. Normally I'd like to pay for the room in full when I book, but since this whole trip is uncertain I'm only paying the deposit. Can I pay the balance before the trip, when I know we are definitely going? Or do I have to wait for them to process it when I check in?

Stupid question. Normally I'd like to pay for the room in full when I book, but since this whole trip is uncertain I'm only paying the deposit. Can I pay the balance before the trip, when I know we are definitely going? Or do I have to wait for them to process it when I check in?
I think one pays on check out. Why would one want to pay them earlier?

A deposit is required on all room bookings.

You pay a one nights charge to lock in this reservation.

When I check in the hotel, I pay the remainder up front.

Some may choose to have final charges set up to go through their cc the day they check out.

if you want charging privileges, you can set that up at the front desk.
Your cc will be used to clear your bill at check out date.

Anyone can set up paying for the trip prior to your arrival once you have booked.

It makes me feel better to pay as much as I can ahead of time. It's why I like the dining plans. I prefer that feeling of knowing everything is paid for and I only have to pay for souvenirs when I go. It's also easier to stay on a budget and not spend too much extra $$. Also I never charge anything to our room, so no worries about that.

It makes me feel better to pay as much as I can ahead of time. It's why I like the dining plans. I prefer that feeling of knowing everything is paid for and I only have to pay for souvenirs when I go. It's also easier to stay on a budget and not spend too much extra $$. Also I never charge anything to our room, so no worries about that.
Hmmm... I like to keep my money in my pocket for as long as possible. 😉 It is easy to overspend during theme park holidays, and sometimes it can be difficult to keep track of outgoings, so I can see the merits of what you do.

When were you last there? My last 2 or 3 trips from fall 2019-2020 I was charged the full room balance on check in. Caught me by surprise the first time and I didn't have my GC ready, so they charged my card and then reversed it when I went back with my GC. Seems to be new policy.

When were you last there? My last 2 or 3 trips from fall 2019-2020 I was charged the full room balance on check in. Caught me by surprise the first time and I didn't have my GC ready, so they charged my card and then reversed it when I went back with my GC. Seems to be new policy.
Just checked my credit card statements. HRH in September and December charged on check out day. I recall they ran a check on the card on the first day. Maybe put $20 through as a hold.

Just checked my credit card statements. HRH in September and December charged on check out day. I recall they ran a check on the card on the first day. Maybe put $20 through as a hold.
Huh. Interesting. Mine were all at CBBR, but it was definitely a change from my previous stays there.

I just looked back at my December statements and for both CBBR and RPR we were charged on check out day.

I guess it's like most things Universal (or Disney) - YMMV ;)

My late September rate at CBBR for an interior family suite dropped $10/night to $144.

Jumping in on the balance charge discussion: for our November stay at CBBR last year we were charged at check-in. I remember because it went against what I had read here and he (with many years of traveling for work) had never been charged upfront for a room, so it was a bit of a surprise. (Our stay was for 7 nights - not sure if that makes a difference or not.)

I used to be able to pin down release dates for aph hotel rates but with this year, can only guess

With covid-19 and park adjustments happening, my prediction could be invalid.

I used to be able to pin down release dates for aph hotel rates but with this year, can only guess

With covid-19 and park adjustments happening, my prediction could be invalid.

Hey Mac:

If I book a rack rate now, before AP rates are released for my dates, buy my AP, show up at the front desk on check in day, present my AP, and ask for the AP rate, will I get it?

Do the AP rates vary over time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter