Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

Piggybacking off the above question - I have a confirmation number to pick up a three-month pass from Guest Services. Guest Services will be closed when I check in to our hotel that I have booked on an AP rate. Can I pick up my pass from the "vacation planning" desk in the hotel lobby at like 11:30 at night? Or will I be able to wait until the next morning and go to Guest Services at Volcano Bay?

passholder rates for the values, cbbr and aventura are better than last summer so far,at least for the first week of august.

Piggybacking off the above question - I have a confirmation number to pick up a three-month pass from Guest Services. Guest Services will be closed when I check in to our hotel that I have booked on an AP rate. Can I pick up my pass from the "vacation planning" desk in the hotel lobby at like 11:30 at night? Or will I be able to wait until the next morning and go to Guest Services at Volcano Bay?

I don't have personal experience with this, but I've been Googling around for the answer since we'll be in the same boat. Everything I've read says that because you now need to pick APs up at a park entrance and can't get them at your hotel, you are NOT expected to present your AP at check-in. You can show them your confirmation e-mail to prove you've purchased APs, or simply swing by the front desk at some point later during your stay to show them your pass.

Considering an anniversary trip in Nov, and based on ticket prices, we will likely get a seasonal AP (it is slightly cheaper then the 4 day ptp ticket) When do the AP rates typically come out for fall? Rates are actually pretty decent for the reg be savvy rate should AP rates not be common for Nov.
TIA

Considering an anniversary trip in Nov, and based on ticket prices, we will likely get a seasonal AP (it is slightly cheaper then the 4 day ptp ticket) When do the AP rates typically come out for fall? Rates are actually pretty decent for the reg be savvy rate should AP rates not be common for Nov.
TIA
We've been the last two Thanksgivings and it us usually 2-3 months before when APH rates come out for deluxe resorts. BaST for that week shows 20% off, but I would expect the APH rate to be 40-45% (around $250).

TIA

Just a heads up that seasonal APs have blackout dates on the Universal Studios side on the holiday concert dates (although who knows if that will be happening or not this year). In 2019 that was starting the weekend of Nov. 16. Just something to factor into your budget if you are planning to come on a weekend in the latter half of Nov.

And like the poster above said the rule of thumb on AP rates is that they generally come out 60-90 days ahead of time.

Just a heads up that seasonal APs have blackout dates on the Universal Studios side on the holiday concert dates (although who knows if that will be happening or not this year). In 2019 that was starting the weekend of Nov. 16. Just something to factor into your budget if you are planning to come on a weekend in the latter half of Nov.

And like the poster above said the rule of thumb on AP rates is that they generally come out 60-90 days ahead of time.
Thanks, we are planning to come 10th to 17th but spending 13th (Sat) at Epcot - if Sunday is blocked for one park that won't be a major issue we can plan around that.

So am I imagining this but I just priced out two preferred AP passes and a two night stay at Royal Pacific for July. It came out cheaper than buying two day tickets with a two night stay. I feel like I’m missing something. Why would this be the case.

If you haven’t redeemed your AP yet can you show your confirmation at check in to make sure the rate is honored?

Sounds like a sweet deal on your price for your dates of stay

yes you can show your voucher or confirmation email for the ap when you check in
You need to book your room as having the ap in order to get that ap room rate

Just show proof you have the ap voucher when you check in and activate it then

So am I imagining this but I just priced out two preferred AP passes and a two night stay at Royal Pacific for July. It came out cheaper than buying two day tickets with a two night stay. I feel like I’m missing something. Why would this be the case.

If you haven’t redeemed your AP yet can you show your confirmation at check in to make sure the rate is honored?

Because they treat their passholders well. Also passholders come back. For us, a one-time 3-4 day visit has turned into three week-long trips

When you think about, far distant passholders are probably the ideal customer. We are far enough away that we need to stay nearby and will be buying lots of restaurant meals. Being passholders we are more likely to buy merch too.

Because they treat their passholders well. Also passholders come back. For us, a one-time 3-4 day visit has turned into three week-long trips

When you think about, far distant passholders are probably the ideal customer. We are far enough away that we need to stay nearby and will be buying lots of restaurant meals. Being passholders we are more likely to buy merch too.
This is so true! We had originally only planned on one trip during spring break. After pricing out the APs with the 15 month deal, we now have an additional 3 trips planned. We even changed our plans for our fall trip (which was originally only a Disney trip) to a split stay at UO :thumbsup2

We did exactly the same! We have a trip planned for June and decided the Universal passes were such a great deal that I have now switched hotels from Disney to Hardrock for a few nights, plus we added a trip to UO for Thanksgiving and Christmas. All of these trips would have been on Disney property but Universal's deals on tickets and hotels have attracted and switched this family to make the switch. It's a great time since we have a 15 and 12 year old who are definitely more interested in thrill rides!

This.. recently we were stuck in disney for 2 extra days after a wedding due to snow back.home... paid for 3 individual day tickets because we got stuck 2 diff times so didn't expect multiple park days... had that been universal we would have had an AP ... instead we were 600 bucks awY from a possible disneh AP that isn't even on sale... our 1 year anniversary trip will be UO now with plans for 1 or 2 more next year

We did exactly the same! We have a trip planned for June and decided the Universal passes were such a great deal that I have now switched hotels from Disney to Hardrock for a few nights, plus we added a trip to UO for Thanksgiving and Christmas. All of these trips would have been on Disney property but Universal's deals on tickets and hotels have attracted and switched this family to make the switch. It's a great time since we have a 15 and 12 year old who are definitely more interested in thrill rides!

I haven't stayed there (yet, will on the next trip). But, my research has told me that Universal's hotels are in reality a grade above Disney's equivalent grade (and cheaper). Perfect example is Cabana Bay which has a lazy river and a 5 minute walk to a park. Cabana Bay is Prime Value.

I haven't stayed there (yet, will on the next trip). But, my research has told me that Universal's hotels are in reality a grade above Disney's equivalent grade (and cheaper). Perfect example is Cabana Bay which has a lazy river and a 5 minute walk to a park. Cabana Bay is Prime Value.

Cabana Bay is more like a 15-20 minute walk to the parks.

HRH is around a few minutes walk to the Studios. RP around 7-10 and PB about 15 minutes.

Yes its comparable to pop but at like 60$ less a night...with a bowling alley, 2 pool bars, and much better transportation to parks. Disney had the magical express bonus but taking that away is another push to universal. Even with the magical express after 2 nights the UO resort savings covers the uber or taxi cost.

Absolutely! We've stayed at a dozen different WDW hotels, and at HRH and RPR at Universal. If I just compare Disney deluxes and the Universal top-tier hotels, my experience is that the Universal resorts are every bit as well-themed and lovely (and staffed with excellent employees) as the WDW ones -- but with better pools, more accessible restaurants and lounges, and an appreciably lower price point (looking at standard rooms at both, after typical seasonal and other discounts are applied to each).

we enjoy the WDW values when we find ourselves out of DVC points. They serve the purpose, perfect for a shorter trip. One of my favorite pools is ASMusic. Pop is basic, AoA gets my nod but you cannot discount how nice it is to hop on the gondolas. CB surely has it’s fans, just not my ‘jam’. It’s wonderful to have so many different pricepoints & options in both parks.

The deluxe properties at both are lovely IMO. All have their own vibe and special amenities. Do agree that, with an APH rate, the U onsite properties are true bargains; especially when you factor in the EP

Yes its comparable to pop but at like 60$ less a night...with a bowling alley, 2 pool bars, and much better transportation to parks. Disney had the magical express bonus but taking that away is another push to universal. Even with the magical express after 2 nights the UO resort savings covers the uber or taxi cost.
Many fans love both parks & regularly combine a split stay between the two. Doesn’t have to be a them or us sort of thing, despite many WDW fans still looking down their noses at the U properties. I cringe when I see somebody reference a “throw away room”.

WDW has yet to offer the sale of APs to the general public. We plan on keeping ours renewed as long as viable. From the crowds we experienced last week there, I question both, whether they will sell new ones anytime soon & the wisdom of them increasing capacity above what they state as 50%.

U certainly gets the nod as to customer service working with us on multiple AP issues during last year & and for keeping their prices reasonable. I lost count of the number of times & hours I spent on hold dealing with disney. It all worked out in the end but was quite the process.

Unfortunately, if predictions do come true and ‘revenge travel’ takes off this summer & fall, the current heavily discounted U APH rates will likely go ‘poof’. Ultimately, it all comes down to their metrics & profit margins.

Do APH rates fluctuate after they have been announced for a particular date? Just got a lower rate at HRH because a standard room became available, so I can ditch the garden view I originally booked. If I keep checking back, is it possible I'll see an actual lower rate, or does Loews' dynamic pricing not apply to APH after the original offering?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter