OFFICIAL April 2012 DISers! 2 months and counting!

Still here at POR!! The weather has turned absolutely beautiful!! Perfectly sunny no humidity it's heavenly!! We had a great day today visiting with DH's cousin who works here and got to see some cool stuff and meet some very cool people too. One more day and then we head home to vermont. :( but now i get to countdown to june becase DD and i are coming back!! Can't wait - it sure makes leaving easier. Have a great trip you end-of-the-mont
hers!

another trip in just a couple of months ~ I'm jealous!! Glad you are having a great trip!

I understand the PDD - I didn't want to get out of bed once we got home in October. I am hoping that b\c we are staying longer this time it will help that be a little less. And this time, I KNOW we will be going back next June so I have something to look forward to.

I am leaving TOMORROW MORNING....Just to gt through work till 2pm today, then go pick up the rental car and pack it up, then the last minute cleaning. I plan to go to bed by 7pm b\c I know that I will be up at 2 or 3 with excitement.

so close!! Have fun!

We are on getting to the end of our stay. Only 2 full park days left. Te weather has been beautiful, although its supposed to be scorching hot today, but that's ok.

Reading about those with PDD, I'm not even home yet and knowing I will have it bad. No new trip planned for next yer since we are doing a med cruise and used all our DVC points for THIS trip! Lol. Only one solution: BUY MORE POINTS!! :love: I wish. Ha.

We did Keys to the Kingdom tour yesterday and loved that. It really is great value for the price. After that, we gave our aching legs and feet a break and just hung out at the resort and ate at Mara. I'm wide awake early today because of all the rest, so i guess it was worth it! Today we've got Epcot!

We have no future trip planned either...just sometime in 2014. I'm dying to figure out when we will go, but we won't decide anytime soon ~ will totally depend on the school calendar. Although I'm leaning towards October as long as the girls have a fall break (it won't be a week off, but if they get the typical 2 days off, I'll be okay having them miss the other 3 days of school that week since there probably won't be any tests that week).

Hi everybody!!!
I have a question for those of you that just got back or are there now. Would you recommend sweaters/pants for the evenings?
I will pack one of each but wondering if we need more?

I don't think you'll need them; I wore jeans one night, but I would have been fine in shorts. I think there was one night that I wore a light jacket.

Been back for a little more than a week and started my TR !

I have to say .. it was a long trip (12 days) and we were happy to be home. Not sure when we'll go back .. but I'm thinking next April again. :thumbsup2

Hope everyone who is yet to go or is there has as great a time as we did !! :goodvibes

So glad you all had a great time! 2 more days for me and my DD! :banana::banana:

Hi everybody!!!
I have a question for those of you that just got back or are there now. Would you recommend sweaters/pants for the evenings?
I will pack one of each but wondering if we need more?

We didn't wear long pants or sweaters the whole time we were there. The evenings were perfect. :thumbsup2

I picked up the rental!!!!! We are cleaning up the house, then packing up the car after dinner. I'M GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I'm right behind ya! Leaving tomorrow night. WOOO!! :banana:

I should have said - we are leaving at 4:00am, so we are also leaving tomorrow, not tonight. See you at Disney!!!! hehe

Oh and I see you will be at All Stars - Take a fan for the noise from the cheerleaders. They will be there Friday & Sat and Sunday night. We will be at Pop, hoping we won't have to many but bringing my fan to drown out the noise (did I spell that right?)

WHAT???? I just checked weather.com and it looked better - they took off rain for 3 of the days next week that they had storms on before.

I have been checking 3 sites. Orlando Sentinel had the best weather and now that shows rain! I don't mind when it says 20% chance isolated thunderstorms because that can mean nothing. But when it says 60% rain, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Although anything more than 4 days out is probably not accurate, right?

I have been checking 3 sites. Orlando Sentinel had the best weather and now that shows rain! I don't mind when it says 20% chance isolated thunderstorms because that can mean nothing. But when it says 60% rain, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Although anything more than 4 days out is probably not accurate, right?

Don't worry about something you have no control over whatsoever.

We had 80% chance of rain one day - and no rain came until 5:00 pm that night.

Another day we had 60% chance of rain and it stormed like a monsoon!

Just breathe and prepare to be flexible. Bring a couple of umbrellas and ponchos, and you will be just FINE! :thumbsup2 I thought the rain would wreck the vibe of our holiday, but nope - we always found something fun to do in spite of the weather!

So, it's back to work! Rained on us Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday, but the day we came home, Monday, was gorgeous! lol That's okay, we had a fantastic time and did all kind of things we had never gotten around to trying before...one of those being Jellyrolls...FUN! We also gave Fork and Screen a shot, and DH is hooked on that concept! Now we start the countdown to October!! We may have to skip next year since two trips in 2012 is really stretching (aka annihilating) our budget! I just have to say, WDW w/o kids really was compeltely different...go figure! We moseyed along taking our time everywhere we went, and the only melt downs were from DH! :lmao: jk jk

I hope you all enjoyed/are enjoying/do enjoy your WDW trip!! :banana:

Making all my final preparations. I'm all packed, just cleaning the house now. DD has to be at school at 2:30 AM to leave with her chorus group...:scared1: Then one more day of work for me and we leave at 3 on Saturday morning! Can't believe it's finally here!!!

We had a great time last week!!!
But I am very sad!!!!:sad1: My DH and DS14 said they were getting sick of Disney :scared1: and didn't want to go next year. Can you believe that????? This is coming from the man that did ALL the planning up until a year ago. I just can't get sick of it!! I understand though, so I don't think I'll be planning another trip to Disney for a while.
I guess I have to think of how lucky we are with all the trips we've had. I just can't imagine not going next year. Tell me I'll be ok :rotfl: I know by next September I'll be going through withdrawals.:lmao:

But I am very sad!!!!:sad1: My DH and DS14 said they were getting sick of Disney :scared1: and didn't want to go next year. Can you believe that????? This is coming from the man that did ALL the planning up until a year ago. I just can't get sick of it!! I understand though, so I don't think I'll be planning another trip to Disney for a while.
I guess I have to think of how lucky we are with all the trips we've had. I just can't imagine not going next year. Tell me I'll be ok :rotfl: I know by next September I'll be going through withdrawals.:lmao:

That would make me very sad. :sad2: But I'm waiting for that to happen with my boys some day. They are 7 and have already been 8 times ... I'm worried they'll get tired of it soon. But at least I have young grandchildren that I can take when mine don't want to go anymore !! :thumbsup2

Don't worry about something you have no control over whatsoever.

We had 80% chance of rain one day - and no rain came until 5:00 pm that night.

Another day we had 60% chance of rain and it stormed like a monsoon!

Just breathe and prepare to be flexible. Bring a couple of umbrellas and ponchos, and you will be just FINE! :thumbsup2 I thought the rain would wreck the vibe of our holiday, but nope - we always found something fun to do in spite of the weather!

you are right, can't control it. hope we see the sun though :)

That would make me very sad. :sad2: But I'm waiting for that to happen with my boys some day. They are 7 and have already been 8 times ... I'm worried they'll get tired of it soon. But at least I have young grandchildren that I can take when mine don't want to go anymore !! :thumbsup2

Well at least they're only 7 you probably have quite a few more years. My DS10 never said anything so he's still on board. Just can't do 2 big family vacations.
Well the positive thing is they said they want to go back just not for a while. They just need a break. Maybe in a few years. HOPEFULLY!!!

Last night here!! We had a super busy day! You all are not going to believe this but while we were at MK this morning DH got a phone call about a company in Cocoa that wanted to interview him for a job!! I was like, um, let's get a car and drive over! So we called Alamo picked up a convertible and drove over!!! He had a good interview but we'll see, he has a great job now but we'd love to be able to move here in the next year or so! Isn't that crazy? Anyway we came back around 3:30 and finished up our touring. It was quite a day! I just checked the weather at home and the low tomorrow is supposed to be 24 with a high of 40 and rain and SNOW!!! What the heck? I'm going to freeze!! Sure would be nice not to worry about THAT in April again (c'mon Space Coast job!) To all of you leaving soon -- have a marvelous time!!! I know you will! :)

If it makes you feel any better we are worn out and exhausted and say that at the end of almost every trip. And we ALWAYS go back. It starts with a commercial, or looking through a photo album or telling a story, and the seed is planted. Before you know it I'm booking again.
They'll get over it:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter