• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~***Official April 2017 Thread***~~

What's everyone thinking about park hours? Will they increase for Easter/week after?

I was surprised when I was looking at park hours yesterday. We have been around Easter before and I thought park hours were earlier/later.
Maybe they will change.

I'm surprised by hours as well. I haven't been in April honestly since high school, and we won't talk about how long ago that was..., but I'm surprised that the hours, even the week after spring break are so early! So weird! Mind you, there are EMH the day I check in (the 19th) so I'm hoping to hop over to MK after I've seen ROL and hopefully don't the safari and EE at night. Figure since I'm running three races I might as well go big or go home that first night since I'll be early to bed most of the other nights!

Does anyone know...will they send the yellow dme luggage tags if the trip hasn't been paid in full yet? I just know others have gotten theirs but I haven't yet. Just paid our remaining balance today so am hoping they come soon!!! At what point should I call if I don't have them!? We are 36 days away!!

Does anyone know...will they send the yellow dme luggage tags if the trip hasn't been paid in full yet? I just know others have gotten theirs but I haven't yet. Just paid our remaining balance today so am hoping they come soon!!! At what point should I call if I don't have them!? We are 36 days away!!

Yes, they will. I got mine for my trip next month. (check in 4/19, final payment is due 3/20) and I received mine about a week ago. Make sure you submit it with Magical Express, not just Disney.

Very excited because I checked and late FastPasses for Expedition Everest are there so I made one for after we see Rivers of Light! Just what we wanted to do! Ride that, then head over to EMH at MK!

April hours have been updated. I see a lot of 7am emh for magic kingdom for when I'm there.

There is a busy thread about how unreal crowds are right now, like worse than Christmas. It makes me a bit nervous. We went the week before Easter two years ago and I can handle it just fine if it is like it was then, but some of the waits people are talking about are kind of scary. It looks like larger than expected crowds due to weather too cold for the water parks to open. Or other things, too. That shouldn't be an issue with us Aprilers, the waterparks part.

We decided we will rent a stroller for this visit. DD sprained her ankle not too long ago - walking fine now, no more boot. She periodically aggravates it and we ice it and wrap it. I'm worried that it will be too much stress on it with the walking at WDW, even with the cam boot. I'm a little relieved, too, though- even though we left the parks by 1pm last time (go back to resort and relax or go to pool), by a little after 11 MK was a sea of people and it made me really nervous with her small body and we threw her up on dh's shoulders. That isn't sustainable for very long.

Anyone thinking about going bagless this trip? Wondering if that will help shave some time off park entry. We are rope droppers generally, but with MK's 7ams I doubt we'll get there until 7:30ish.

Maybe bag check won't be too bad, but that thread I mentioned was saying it was over 30 minutes to get through.

Ok. Pre-trip rambled worrying over.

We are having a very short, but very fun filled trip that was planned with only a month and a few days before we arrive. I have gotten all of the ADR's and all of the FP+'s that I wanted. I can't wait to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday and her first trip in over a decade. I am looking forward to the Flower & Garden Festival, seeing the Gin Blossoms, and enjoying Easter in the parks. We have only 4 park days, but we are going to enjoy every minute of it!

We are having a very short, but very fun filled trip that was planned with only a month and a few days before we arrive. I have gotten all of the ADR's and all of the FP+'s that I wanted. I can't wait to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday and her first trip in over a decade. I am looking forward to the Flower & Garden Festival, seeing the Gin Blossoms, and enjoying Easter in the parks. We have only 4 park days, but we are going to enjoy every minute of it!
Have a wonderful time!!!

How far out has everyone been getting their DME packets/yellow luggage tags?

We leave a month from tomorrow and I'm expecting them any day now! At what point should I call if they haven't arrived!?

April hours have been updated. I see a lot of 7am emh for magic kingdom for when I'm there.

There is a busy thread about how unreal crowds are right now, like worse than Christmas. It makes me a bit nervous. We went the week before Easter two years ago and I can handle it just fine if it is like it was then, but some of the waits people are talking about are kind of scary. It looks like larger than expected crowds due to weather too cold for the water parks to open. Or other things, too. That shouldn't be an issue with us Aprilers, the waterparks part.

We decided we will rent a stroller for this visit. DD sprained her ankle not too long ago - walking fine now, no more boot. She periodically aggravates it and we ice it and wrap it. I'm worried that it will be too much stress on it with the walking at WDW, even with the cam boot. I'm a little relieved, too, though- even though we left the parks by 1pm last time (go back to resort and relax or go to pool), by a little after 11 MK was a sea of people and it made me really nervous with her small body and we threw her up on dh's shoulders. That isn't sustainable for very long.

Anyone thinking about going bagless this trip? Wondering if that will help shave some time off park entry. We are rope droppers generally, but with MK's 7ams I doubt we'll get there until 7:30ish.

Maybe bag check won't be too bad, but that thread I mentioned was saying it was over 30 minutes to get through.

Ok. Pre-trip rambled worrying over.

I want to go bagless so bad. We always do. Now I have to carry epipens for my littlest so it's impossible. I didn't want to bring a stroller either but the ergo would be treated as a bag as well since it has a pocket I have heard. I have been painstakingly planning this trip for a year. We had a horrible mishap with our car (at home) Friday night and trying to handle that on Saturday morning I SPACED OUT GETTING FEA FASTPASSES!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so so so mad at myself. I am going to have hope that hours don't change at EP and the PPO at Akershus will be enough to get us on the ride in the morning without waiting an hour.

We only have one day at Epcot so I am planning to do Future World in the morning, taking a very short break outside the park for naptime (my dd won't sleep in a stroller, I am envious of those parents sometimes!) then seeing the pavilions, eating at F&G booths and seeing the Gin Blossoms if we have time for that. Touring Plans is driving me ballistic. They are still predicting 6 or 7 for crowds which I know has to be wrong so they aren't building in wait times for rides.

How far out has everyone been getting their DME packets/yellow luggage tags?

We leave a month from tomorrow and I'm expecting them any day now! At what point should I call if they haven't arrived!?

I check in 31 days form now and already have my ME luggage tags. I'd call in a week if you don't have them already. Call ME, not Disney. ME can tell you if they have been mailed out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter