• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

I’m actually not worried at all about getting into the parks for April at this time. I would be more stressed trying to get in for July/aug/sept depending on how many they allow in.
If I wasn’t part of the DIS, I honestly wouldn’t even know about it (didn’t get an email yet). I don’t think most people will be running to book their April dates, so I’m not too worried :)

edit: I am offsite so I only have tickets, will only get to book June 28. I’m looking forward to seeing how the initial date goes and get some tips from that!

Yes I think we should be fine for next years dates.

Booked AKL Jambo DVC on the 24th April 2021 for 2 weeks. Our rescheduled honeymoon trip! Hopefully the wedding and honeymoon will both go ahead next year! Ready and raring to book my park days tomorrow.

I put you on the list for 4/24-5/7 (I assume that end date when you said "two weeks" but correct me if I'm wrong). A Disney honeymoon sounds like the perfect way to get out of the coronavirus blues - I can't imagine planning a wedding during the time, so good luck to you!

Thank you all for your responses. I sometimes forget that we are the die hards and your right not everyone will be at their computers on the 28th. Lol

I did some searching and didn't see a thread listed, so I figured what the heck? I might as well start one. I'll do my best to keep up with updates and post information in this first post. I've never done one of these threads before, so I apologize in advance if I'm not a good thread keeper. I'll post a little about myself and this trip in the second post here. But please, come join us as we look ahead to better times!

April 2021 crew! Post your dates and I'll add you to the list:

Jacq7414 - 4/1-4/3 Beach Club
froggy922 - 4/3-4/10 Pop Century
KSL - 4/3-4/10 Boardwalk Villas
cindianne320 - 4/4-4/10 All Star (?) / Royal Pacific
sromanello815 - 4/5-4/9 Copper Creek Villas
dism0m - 4/11-4/17
buzzrelly - 4/11-4/18 Bay Lake Tower
Aug2020distrip - 4/14-4/20 offsite
momtwoboys - 4/15-4/22 Old Key West
jpakstis - 4/15-4/23 Beach Club Villas DVC rental
Roscoe18 - 4/17-4/23 Poly DVC rental
DisneyJColeMom - 4/24-4/29 Wilderness Lodge
jackieleanne - 4/24-5/7 AKL Jambo DVC
Farro - 4/28-5/7 Grand Destino Tower
April 3-8 AUL. I hope Covid is way more under control and things are closer to normal by then. Here's hoping!

April 3-8 AUL. I hope Covid is way more under control and things are closer to normal by then. Here's hoping!

Let's hope so! It's far enough away that it's hard to even think about it, but considering Covid has only been here a few months, that gives us plenty of time.

Forgive my ignorance, but is AUL Aulani? I don't know if I've seen it abbreviated here before but if not, I can't figure out what it is.

I put you on the list for 4/24-5/7 (I assume that end date when you said "two weeks" but correct me if I'm wrong). A Disney honeymoon sounds like the perfect way to get out of the coronavirus blues - I can't imagine planning a wedding during the time, so good luck to you!

Thank you, all planned and paid for really as it only got postponed one month before supposed to be married, so at least I don't need to be planning or paying for anything again.

Let's hope so! It's far enough away that it's hard to even think about it, but considering Covid has only been here a few months, that gives us plenty of time.

Forgive my ignorance, but is AUL Aulani? I don't know if I've seen it abbreviated here before but if not, I can't figure out what it is.
Yep, it's Aulani!

Does anyone know definitely (or as definitely as possible) whether the park reservation system is open for 2021 guests tomorrow? We are staying on-site resort and we have tickets (from our cancelled April 2020 trip). I apologize if this has been covered but I cannot seem to find it anywhere. I figure I would ask here since most of the chatter on other threads is about 2020 trips.

Does anyone know definitely (or as definitely as possible) whether the park reservation system is open for 2021 guests tomorrow? We are staying on-site resort and we have tickets (from our cancelled April 2020 trip). I apologize if this has been covered but I cannot seem to find it anywhere. I figure I would ask here since most of the chatter on other threads is about 2020 trips.

There has (shockingly!) been conflicting information on this. But most reliable sources, including a CM I chatted with yesterday, say you can reserve up to 9/26/21. I’m going to give it a shot and will report back when I find anything out tomorrow

There has (shockingly!) been conflicting information on this. But most reliable sources, including a CM I chatted with yesterday, say you can reserve up to 9/26/21. I’m going to give it a shot and will report back when I find anything out tomorrow
As someone who can only book June 28 (offsite), this would be much appreciated! Would love to hear how it goes, so I will be looking for that update, thanks :)

As someone who can only book June 28 (offsite), this would be much appreciated! Would love to hear how it goes, so I will be looking for that update, thanks :)

I suspect the system is going to crash hard and often tomorrow, but as soon as I know anything, I'll post it here. Hopefully that's bright and early tomorrow, but you never know.

It's been a rocky morning, but I can confirm that, yes, you can make your park reservations for next April. I'll post the link in the first post, but this should get to where you need to go:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/
Sometimes you'll see a "you're almost in orbit" page but usually (?) it gets through. One problem I had was that I was not signed in, and if you try to sign in this way, you usually get stuck and the page won't load. A trick someone in another thread had was to go to the dining reservation page, pick anything, log in (that one works), then cancel the reservation and voila, you're logged in. Then go to the reservation page. That's how I did it.

My park selection strategy was basically to use the same FP tricks in the past (put AK and DHS near the end of the trip), even if FP isn't available. Good luck everyone!

Any questions I can help with now that I've done it?

It's been a rocky morning, but I can confirm that, yes, you can make your park reservations for next April. I'll post the link in the first post, but this should get to where you need to go:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/
Sometimes you'll see a "you're almost in orbit" page but usually (?) it gets through. One problem I had was that I was not signed in, and if you try to sign in this way, you usually get stuck and the page won't load. A trick someone in another thread had was to go to the dining reservation page, pick anything, log in (that one works), then cancel the reservation and voila, you're logged in. Then go to the reservation page. That's how I did it.

My park selection strategy was basically to use the same FP tricks in the past (put AK and DHS near the end of the trip), even if FP isn't available. Good luck everyone!

Any questions I can help with now that I've done it?
Awesome, thanks for the tips! I have been stalking that main thread and seems like it was a crazy morning! Glad you got through finally. I’m screen shorting all the tricks, in need to learn how to go “incognito” since apparently that helps?! Lol

Awesome, thanks for the tips! I have been stalking that main thread and seems like it was a crazy morning! Glad you got through finally. I’m screen shorting all the tricks, in need to learn how to go “incognito” since apparently that helps?! Lol

I've seen numerous people suggest incognito mode. It didn't help me specifically, but it can't hurt since the rest of the process is essentially the same. The only reason I wasn't logged in ahead of time was that I had to go into work, so my work computer didn't have my login information saved. If you're already logged in, you might not need to jump through all the hoops but I can't say for sure.

I saw in the main thread there was an issue with dated tickets. Ex: my current tickets are dated for August, but obviously am now going in April. Seems if this is the case I will get an error message? If anyone came across this from our April board please keep me posted :) I need to figure out how to take off my dates from my tickets I guess?

I saw in the main thread there was an issue with dated tickets. Ex: my current tickets are dated for August, but obviously am now going in April. Seems if this is the case I will get an error message? If anyone came across this from our April board please keep me posted :) I need to figure out how to take off my dates from my tickets I guess?

Yeah, sorry, I have no first hand information there. The big thread will probably be more helpful. My tickets had been extended to 9/26/21, so I figured I wouldn't have issues there.

I logged in as normal this morning and it went fine (eventually). Meaning, I went to the WDW main page as I usually do, clicked to log in, waited almost 2 hours like everyone else watching the pink castle, and it eventually brought up the login page. I logged in and it then brought me to a page with a notice about needing to make park reservations and there was a box for 'check availability'. I clicked that and it started the park reservation series. Very easy from there. Select your party from friends & family list, scroll through the months to select your date, choose a park, click on the time (the only times listed were the current park hours), click the t&c button, and all set! Then you can either reserve another day or view plans. If you reserve another day, it brings you back to selecting the date (keeps your travel party). We're booking pretty far out (April peeps), so I would be very surprised if any of us cannot get the park we want on the day we want at this point. Good luck and looking forward to hearing everyone's plans!!

Yeah, sorry, I have no first hand information there. The big thread will probably be more helpful. My tickets had been extended to 9/26/21, so I figured I wouldn't have issues there.
Mine have as well, so hopefully it won’t be an issue. Maybe just a few random glitches still. At least we are April so I’m not worried about not getting a spot. I feel for those with the stress of planning for July-sept ish since who knows what the numbers are capped at!

I logged in as normal this morning and it went fine (eventually). Meaning, I went to the WDW main page as I usually do, clicked to log in, waited almost 2 hours like everyone else watching the pink castle, and it eventually brought up the login page. I logged in and it then brought me to a page with a notice about needing to make park reservations and there was a box for 'check availability'. I clicked that and it started the park reservation series. Very easy from there. Select your party from friends & family list, scroll through the months to select your date, choose a park, click on the time (the only times listed were the current park hours), click the t&c button, and all set! Then you can either reserve another day or view plans. If you reserve another day, it brings you back to selecting the date (keeps your travel party). We're booking pretty far out (April peeps), so I would be very surprised if any of us cannot get the park we want on the day we want at this point. Good luck and looking forward to hearing everyone's plans!!

Agreed. I didn't have any concern about getting the parks I wanted, as long as the system was up and running. It really is easy once it's working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter