*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

Is anyone flying Southwest? I got an email last night that our inbound flight was moved. Now I just got an email that our outbound flight was moved. I just wondered if anyone knew what was going on with Southwest flights in April. This happened to a friend who's flying a few days after us also to Orlando.

We had been waiting to book our flights and literally looked to see NO flights in or out for SW in "I Wanna Get Away" all flights are 300+ dollars now.

We had been waiting to book our flights and literally looked to see NO flights in or out for SW in "I Wanna Get Away" all flights are 300+ dollars now.

We booked SW for $49 per person. I think last month.Yesterday, they sent an email that they changed our flight times. Earlier by 1 hour. I just looked at prices and flights for that day and all are over $500 now. So I guess they consolidated flights and they will now be full and expensive for anyone that wants to get the few remaining seats. I was hoping for not a full flight but may not be the case.

Is anyone flying Southwest? I got an email last night that our inbound flight was moved. Now I just got an email that our outbound flight was moved. I just wondered if anyone knew what was going on with Southwest flights in April. This happened to a friend who's flying a few days after us also to Orlando.
SW is changing flight numbers for our April flight. They also added a nonstop flight that is at a better time than the flight we had. The website has been messed up for a couple days now. I would ignore the $300 airfare and just wait until they fix the site. We got $49 fares this morning.

We have had a few changes from Southwest, including a flight number change. I was able to take advantage of the offer to move the flight for no charge and got a better return time.

So, we were panicking last night. We have a group of 7 going, so there is a lot of logistics and worrying with flights. We panick bought on Frontier and I -hated- the idea of riding on Frontier. We were going to coming in late, and leaving earlier than we wanted to but the prices were okay. We were gonna be missing out on DS too, which we all are looking forward to! So I took your advice, waited until this morning and checked, everything was back! Well, mostly back. There were a few flights missing but we got an earlier flight and our flight out is the same as the one we had been eyeballing. $59 each way and non-stop. I quickly cancelled the Frontier one for a full-refund and snagged our beloved Southwest ones.

MORE LUGGAGE, MORE SANITY!

We have had a few changes from Southwest, including a flight number change. I was able to take advantage of the offer to move the flight for no charge and got a better return time.

Also can I just say I'm super glad to see you here! We were in the Sept 2019, and I think you ran that thread. I really missed you folks.

We did for our return flight (technically our flight down to MCO did but it was only the flight #). We are flying out of Manchester, NH (MHT). Our original flight back was a non-stop around 3PM. We received notification that we were bumped back to around 6PM but had a layover at BWI. There is a flight that also leaves at 6PM but flies direct to MHT.

While it said we could change our flights within the same parameters as original flight (i.e. same airports, around same days), I tried to make the change on the site and on the app and it wouldn’t let me do so. I called their customer service number and they made the change no problem. We didn’t get charged.

Last edited:

I have had several flights changed as we approached the travel date and SWA consolidated flights. Once a 1-hour layover became a 4-hour layover, another layover went from 1 to 3 hours. Both times SWA changed my flights without an extra charge, I just had to wait a while on the phone to get a representative. It helps if you know the flight #s you want to be on.

My flights have been 95-100% capacity so prepare for the middle seats to be taken and group C had carry-on luggage become checked luggage.

I haven't updated in a while. My dates are the same but my resort has changed. We will be at Riviera 17-20 and VGF 20-24. I got all of the dining I wanted! We'll be doing Garden Grill, Topolino's breakfast, Hollywood & Vine and Be Our Guest. We're staying in 1 bedroom villas so we'll cook a lot of meals in the room.
My Southwest flights also changed but fortunately not that bad. Southwest is putting the Max 8's back into rotation so I think that's why there were so many disruptions. I have't seen them make this many changes since they took them out of rotation.

Also can I just say I'm super glad to see you here! We were in the Sept 2019, and I think you ran that thread. I really missed you folks.
Yes indeed that was me :) After I had a July 2020 thread that was just full of sadness and despair I think I am taking a break from running any threads lol I like getting to follow along with your April trip planning! That September thread was definitely fun and chatty.

We went in November and had such a good time! Our April trip was supposed to be a Universal trip (DH said I was never going to be able to resist going to Disney when I was in Orlando). Then it morphed into a half Disney/half Universal trip. Next thing I know we are buying DVC and it is a Disney trip and three of them are ubering to Universal a couple times. Apparently DH was right lol

Last edited:
Hello fellow April travelers! Bringing my three daughters on a short trip, April 27th to the 1st. Booked at Pop. May change if I can find some points to rent.

I’m usually pretty active on the boards, but to a Covid break to help the Disney depression. I have a lot of research to do. Looking forward to planning!

Southwest often adjusts flight times and schedules... especially now since demand is down. Our direct flight down moved up by ten minutes, and our direct flight home got canceled so now we leave three hours earlier and have a layover. Not ideal, but I had a feeling it might happen so on our last day we’re only planning on shopping and having lunch at Disney Springs... I didn’t want to have a park day cut short.

Don’t forget to update your Magical Express info if your flight numbers changed!

Last edited:
Hello fellow April travelers! Bringing my three daughters on a short trip, April 27th to the 1st. Booked at Pop. May change if I can find some points to rent.

I’m usually pretty active on the boards, but to a Covid break to help the Disney depression. I have a lot of research to do. Looking forward to planning!

I’m doing the same thing... we booked at Pop but if I find a DVC rental deal that matches our dates, I’ll snap it up!

Hello everyone! We have an April trip from April 10 - 17 with my siblings. We are staying at my brother's Timeshare off-site.

This is my first off-site trip so it should be interesting. At this point, anything can happen with this trip. It started out because I convinced my sister to do a 5K at Disney (thinking 2022!) but then my brother's timeshare is odd years so he pushed for this year...we signed up but it went virtual -- we already had airfare/hotel so we figured we would still go.

Then turns out my daughter will be here a few days before us due to her husband's sister might be in a dance competition, so we have 1 day of overlap that we will be going to the parks together on.

Hi all super new and as my name implies I haven't been there since I was 4 or 5..it will be my wife's first time as well as my son's, he will be turning 4 while we are there! Staying all star movies 4/14 - 4/18

Wow, that's pretty exciting. Hope you have a great time!

I remember trying to stay away from this board when Covid was hitting because it was too painful. I started this thread as an escape and a look forward to better times. It didn't work out quite the way I had planned, considering we're still dealing with the virus and related restrictions a year later, but I'm happy that we'll actually be able to go this time.

Has anyone received confirmation from Disney Magical Express? I filled out the form and they emailed right away to say they received the request but that there would be a delay in sending a confirmation.

My JetBlue flight just got moved back 2 hours, won’t get to Orlando till 4:30 on a Saturday. Thinking I will just hit grocery store and relax instead of trying to hit up a park unless hours change.

My JetBlue flight just got moved back 2 hours, won’t get to Orlando till 4:30 on a Saturday. Thinking I will just hit grocery store and relax instead of trying to hit up a park unless hours change.
There have been some 10pm magic kingdom and 11pm Epcot closings on Saturday I think the last 2 weeks? And are on the calendar for the next 2 weeks too. Hoping to see some extended hours for April as we get closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter