*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

My wife was looking at something like this on Amazon. I have no idea how effective it is yet so I'm curious as well if anyone has any other suggestions. I figured we might get it and assume it's better than nothing.
I just make sure the metal piece in the mask is snug against the bridge of my nose. The ones without that tend to fog more.
Gosh, I am so excited for Disney(just like all of you, I'm sure)! I lost 120lbs so far since the last time we went and I just can't wait to take new photos and ride Kali River Rapids, since I couldn't fit. I also think I will be able to fit on Flight of Passage too! My family was sharing with me how sad they were for me last time because I couldn't fit on rides, had to rent a scooter because I couldn't walk well, and then the people snickering about how young and fat I was. They told me they didn't tell me about that part because they knew I would've been devastated as I was already just so humiliated as it was. I know my body feels better completely already. I still have 100lbs more pounds to go until I hit my goal weight but I'm already walking on sunshine. A picture if anyone is curious!
Holy moly girl that is huge in 2 years 💙 This will be such a different experience for you, excited you will get to experience more!

Gosh, I am so excited for Disney(just like all of you, I'm sure)! I lost 120lbs so far since the last time we went and I just can't wait to take new photos and ride Kali River Rapids, since I couldn't fit. I also think I will be able to fit on Flight of Passage too! My family was sharing with me how sad they were for me last time because I couldn't fit on rides, had to rent a scooter because I couldn't walk well, and then the people snickering about how young and fat I was. They told me they didn't tell me about that part because they knew I would've been devastated as I was already just so humiliated as it was. I know my body feels better completely already. I still have 100lbs more pounds to go until I hit my goal weight but I'm already walking on sunshine. A picture if anyone is curious!
Good for you!! Congrats on your journey and keep up the good work! Enjoy your trip :)

We just cancelled. Ds14 doesn't want to go right now with masks, so we're hoping to go sometime later this year if they can drop the mask requirement. ***We happily wear masks at stores and other situations indoors, but don't love the idea of wearing them outside in the Florida heat - even in April.

All star movies is sold out all the days I have booked I'm thinking of switching to pop century since I'm worried about overcrowding

I will be fully vaccinated for my trip and just got a call today my contacts are ready to be picked up (no fogging up or losing my glasses!)

We live about an hour and a half away and we are on spring break this week so we stayed 3 nights at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista. We went to Disney springs on Tuesday. It was busy but not too busy where we couldn’t enjoy ourselves. We had reservations at House of Blues and were able to get in an hour early. Had about a 5 minute wait to get into World of Disney and a 10ish (maybe less) minute wait for the Lego store.
I can’t wait for our April trip now!

All star movies is sold out all the days I have booked I'm thinking of switching to pop century since I'm worried about overcrowding

I will be fully vaccinated for my trip and just got a call today my contacts are ready to be picked up (no fogging up or losing my glasses!)

Our first time at Pop was in November - we lucked into a good location. Our rooms were great - we loved it!

So excited - only 6 more weeks!

And, that is awesome! Enjoy every second of it!

Wow, you are amazing!!! Congrats! This trip is going to be so special for you, I hope you have the best time!

Southwest initiated change #1. Challenge accepted. Moved flight to a non-stop at their cost. Thank you SW. Arrival time went from 10:25pm to 5:15pm. Skipping a park the first day but glad to arrive earlier when we will still have access to restaurants.
That is definitely a big improvement. We land about 5pm too and figure at least we can relax at the resort or walk over to the Boardwalk.

Hi!!! We haven't booked yet, but are looking for a quick trip in April/May. I've been following the boards for tips! I have seen and heard things about flights being changed or canceled. Any input or experience with Southwest changing flights recently?
Things seem to be pretty busy down there for Spring Break time right now. Do you guys anticipate the crowds dwindling towards the end of the month when breaks are done? I'm so lost without having to plan months ahead of time for fast passes! 😆

I have seen and heard things about flights being changed or canceled. Any input or experience with Southwest changing flights recently?

Our flights are booked through SW. There were changes to both the departing and return flights - our departure is 30 minutes earlier than originally scheduled, and our return flight is 30 minutes later than originally scheduled. We are still a little over a month out, so I am hoping that there are no other changes to come. I am banking on that 9:10 AM arrival to make the most of our first day.

We haven't booked yet, but are looking for a quick trip in April/May. I've been following the boards for tips! I have seen and heard things about flights being changed or canceled. Any input or experience with Southwest changing flights recently?
We have trips in both April and May and Southwest added an additional nonstop for our flight home to Chicago. They also raised the prices a lot, but fortunately, three of our four flights cost $49 each. We were able to switch to the newly added nonstop without any additional charge, which was great. :)

How were the crowds and wait times?
That is definitely a big improvement. We land about 5pm too and figure at least we can relax at the resort or walk over to the Boardwalk.

Agreed. We don't have to get up super early to make our flight and can have an early lunch before departure. I was a bit worried about ME so late.

... Any input or experience with Southwest changing flights recently?...

It's usually an easy process but recently I have encountered some technical issues that required for me to call. For our trip in January we received several emails the months prior notifying us of the changes, lately I haven't received any notifications and just check my flight on the app to see there is a change notice. Yesterday I took advantage of a flight change and updated both our departure/return flights to non-stop at their cost. Only problem now is I have exactly what I want and will be disappointed if the NS flights are canceled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter