*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

Well you can add me to the April 2021 list. I am moving over from the May list. We were originally scheduled to go May 15-21 but ended up having to move our trip up when my Dad's doctor scheduled his hip surgery for early May. We decided to move our trip up since my Mom will not be able to go in May as she will helping my Dad recover. Our new dates are April 23-29 and we are staying at Pop. It will be my Mom, My Aunt, My neice, my three kids, and me. We will be celebrating my neices birthday (trip is present from my mom and me) and we will be celebrating My aunt just finishing chemo therapy and being cancer free.

Has anyone gotten an upgrade from all star movies? I'm seeing people on facebook say they got moved to coronado, AOA and others because of cheer competition

Has anyone gotten an upgrade from all star movies? I'm seeing people on facebook say they got moved to coronado, AOA and others because of cheer competition
I am seeing reports of this too! We are booked at ASMo for the first part of our trip (19 - 23) and I would LOVE an upgrade now that I know cheer groups will be at Disney. Do you just have to wait and hope Disney calls you or can you be pro-active and inquire?

We are going from 4/7-4/17 staying at BLT 2 BR villas. Cant wait to go!!! I am getting concerned that Disney have not changed the hours for the full week we are there....the hours get drastically reduced for the week of the 12th.

When is the cheer competition? We've got our dates set (April 26-28) - hoping for a die down of the Spring Break crowds. :)

I am seeing reports of this too! We are booked at ASMo for the first part of our trip (19 - 23) and I would LOVE an upgrade now that I know cheer groups will be at Disney. Do you just have to wait and hope Disney calls you or can you be pro-active and inquire?

All the people i asked said they were checked in virtually already. Can you change resort after checking in virtually in advance

We are going from 4/7-4/17 staying at BLT 2 BR villas. Cant wait to go!!! I am getting concerned that Disney have not changed the hours for the full week we are there....the hours get drastically reduced for the week of the 12th.
I am guessing this Friday we will see the update for that week. Fingers crossed!

Technically I wouldn't say they were "reduced" - these are the standard operating hours. They had recently been increased (somewhat dramatically) for the prior week.

I'm actually fascinated by the hour changes there - the week of 4/4-4/10 is the week from Easter and afterwards. I wonder if that led to the change. As I said previously, increased hours means increased crowds, so if they're changing the hours so much, they're expecting a lot of people.

To follow up on that last post, the hours up to 4/10 are as follows:

MK - 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
EP - 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
DHS - 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
AK - 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

From 4/11 on (at least as of now!), the current "temporary abnormal" hours are:

MK - 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
EP - 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
DHS - 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
AK - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

It'll be interesting to see what changes are made starting 4/11, since we're a week after Easter at that point and Spring Break is over. If anyone sees an update before I do, please post!

I am getting concerned that Disney have not changed the hours for the full week we are there....the hours get drastically reduced for the week of the 12th.

They update the "placeholder" hours about 2 weeks prior. Before last Friday, the week of Easter showed the super short hours too - that never meant those were going to be the actual hours. Check for updates to the hours on Fridays (or go visit the new Park Hours thread on these boards)

All the people i asked said they were checked in virtually already. Can you change resort after checking in virtually in advance
Oh, I have no idea. We are not checked in yet (I feel weird about "checking in" when there's still almost a month to go). Someone on the FaceBook group said they were called to upgrade over the weekend and their trip dates were very close to mine - started on the 17th of April.

Oh, I have no idea. We are not checked in yet (I feel weird about "checking in" when there's still almost a month to go). Someone on the FaceBook group said they were called to upgrade over the weekend and their trip dates were very close to mine - started on the 17th of April.

I just checked in and it WILL allow me to still change my reservation

If you are looking for ADRs the first week in April, just noticed a lot of dinner availability (inc. big tickets like BOG, CRT, etc.). Maybe they just released it after hours increase. Not sure. Good luck - they go so fast!

I posted this in the march and dining boards but anybody who will be there 4/2 I plan on cancelling a reservation thats at Beaches & Cream on 4/2/21 for 7 guests at 6:05pm

Would be glad to coordinate dropping with anybody interested.

Edit: Reservation has been cancelled

Last edited:
I am looking at the park pass availability and the week we are going (10-18) is filling up a bit. Hope that means they will be extending hours - I want to change one of my park days if they do offer hopping because EPCOT mornings are so late, but I don't want to change it unless we are definitely hopping - I feel like I am playing some sort of first world problems game of chicken waiting until Friday for an hours update.

I am looking at the park pass availability and the week we are going (10-18) is filling up a bit. Hope that means they will be extending hours - I want to change one of my park days if they do offer hopping because EPCOT mornings are so late, but I don't want to change it unless we are definitely hopping - I feel like I am playing some sort of first world problems game of chicken waiting until Friday for an hours update.

I was worried at first too my dates are 14th-18th but at least one park is sold out each day so I think we are in the clear and they will extend.

My next worry is animal kingdom at night...with the sun setting later the date I go april 16th the sunset is at 7:52pm...will I still get the glowing visuals in dusk?

Going April 11-17, at BLT. Hoping for extra park hours as the current ones are...meh.

Missy from Maryland

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter