*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

I was just coming here to post this. It seems strange that they would extend MK and Epcot but not the others. So maybe more changes to come.

definitely, especially considering hollywood studios is sold out EVERY days and MK and epcot are not

We’re headed down April 3rd-8th, first trip with our 18 month old. We snagged an already confirmed OKW reservation from David’s renting DVC points, before I realized that the 4th was Easter :oops:

I’m a little terrified of the crowds, but it is what it is. We went the week of Christmas/New Years 2019 and I honestly cannot fathom any worse crowds than that, EVER, so...lol

We’re headed down April 3rd-8th, first trip with our 18 month old. We snagged an already confirmed OKW reservation from David’s renting DVC points, before I realized that the 4th was Easter :oops:

I’m a little terrified of the crowds, but it is what it is. We went the week of Christmas/New Years 2019 and I honestly cannot fathom any worse crowds than that, EVER, so...lol
Honestly a lot of parks are hitting capacity anyway so this is probably the best time to go during a holiday because capacity is only 35%.

We’ve hit the 28 day mark and it feels surreal after 2 cancellations and counting down for a little over a year to have so few days left!! Im getting that Need to Get READY travel feeling lol. We’ll be there the 24th to the 29th. I was kind of hoping this might be a “lull” period after spring break, but now Im starting to see people talk about cheer competitions? Do we know when these are, and how much does this really impact crowds? Was I right, outside of the cheerleaders, in that crowds would have slowed down by that point?

We’ve hit the 28 day mark and it feels surreal after 2 cancellations and counting down for a little over a year to have so few days left!! Im getting that Need to Get READY travel feeling lol. We’ll be there the 24th to the 29th. I was kind of hoping this might be a “lull” period after spring break, but now Im starting to see people talk about cheer competitions? Do we know when these are, and how much does this really impact crowds? Was I right, outside of the cheerleaders, in that crowds would have slowed down by that point?
You can check the schedule at ESPN Wide World of Sports. There are cheer comps at the end of April and I have my fingers crossed it won't negatively impact us at the parks or at All Star Movies.

You can check the schedule at ESPN Wide World of Sports. There are cheer comps at the end of April and I have my fingers crossed it won't negatively impact us at the parks or at All Star Movies.
I checked, and yes there are cheer competitions exactly during the days we will be at Disney. What can I expect? Does that mean my lull is out the window?

I checked, and yes there are cheer competitions exactly during the days we will be at Disney. What can I expect? Does that mean my lull is out the window?
We have gone 3 times during "cheer/dance season." We actually never saw them in the parks. We saw them practicing at the resort the year we stayed at POP. They're there to compete and they're usually in the parks in the evenings.

We have gone 3 times during "cheer/dance season." We actually never saw them in the parks. We saw them practicing at the resort the year we stayed at POP. They're there to compete and they're usually in the parks in the evenings.
I have very similar experience with this. Our spring break happens to line up with them on occasion and with the exception of seeing them at one of the all star resorts we never saw them. To the original comment I’m not sure I would expect a lull right now eight way.

Has anyone been recently that have experienced the parks having no reservations? Getting worried that our MK day and HS day have no more park ressies. Not sure what to expect.

I think it depends on what cheer competition it is and if you’re lucky enough to not be at the parks they are at. We went while the D2 summit was going on a few years ago and we found it made a difference in the park crowds. We somehow managed to plan the same park days as the large groups of cheerleaders. The worst was when we arrived at Epcot mid-day which happened to be at the exact time as these groups and from the front of SE to WS it was elbow to elbow people, we’ve never seen anything like that before!

So yeah, we thought the crowds were pretty bad with that, yet I saw reports on here from other people who were there the same week who never saw a single cheerleader and thought there were zero crowds. So it does seem easy to avoid them if you’re at the right park. Just bad luck for us planning our park days I guess, we should have probably just hopped to a different park when we saw them!

Has anyone been recently that have experienced the parks having no reservations? Getting worried that our MK day and HS day have no more park ressies. Not sure what to expect.

I haven't had any experience with this yet, but like you, I'm hoping for the best. Personally I wouldn't put much stock in HS - as the smallest park (and currently very popular), I expect that one to be busy pretty much any day. MK I'm not as sure about - one of our days there in three weeks shows a 1 crowd level at Touring Plans but there were no park reservations available. For what it's worth, this is what Disney Tourist Blog says about the current crowds:

While some wait times are on the longer side, they are not peak day long. Crowds are definitely elevated, especially as compared to the glorious off-season months of January and February, but it’s still nothing at all like Thanksgiving, Christmas, or even Mardi Gras. To the contrary, many queues are shorter and lines are moving faster since more ride vehicles are being filled on some attractions.

Current crowds are low by historical spring break standards, high as compared to the last couple of months, but about average by post-reopening standards on balance. All things considered, not bad at all.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/d...d-extended-crowd-report-park-passes-refilled/

Also, I just managed to score a 5:45 dinner reservation for Sci Fi Dine In Theater on 4/18 (my birthday!) via Touring Plans reservation finder. I had a 3:50 booked but I would have rather had one closer to an actual dinner time, so I'm pretty excited about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter