*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

I haven't had any experience with this yet, but like you, I'm hoping for the best. Personally I wouldn't put much stock in HS - as the smallest park (and currently very popular), I expect that one to be busy pretty much any day. MK I'm not as sure about - one of our days there in three weeks shows a 1 crowd level at Touring Plans but there were no park reservations available. For what it's worth, this is what Disney Tourist Blog says about the current crowds:

While some wait times are on the longer side, they are not peak day long. Crowds are definitely elevated, especially as compared to the glorious off-season months of January and February, but it’s still nothing at all like Thanksgiving, Christmas, or even Mardi Gras. To the contrary, many queues are shorter and lines are moving faster since more ride vehicles are being filled on some attractions.

Current crowds are low by historical spring break standards, high as compared to the last couple of months, but about average by post-reopening standards on balance. All things considered, not bad at all.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/d...d-extended-crowd-report-park-passes-refilled/
We normally go after Easter at the middle/end of April but I’ve never paid attention to crowd levels or any of that before so that’s probably why I was a little nervous to see no passes available. I’m sure we will have a good time I’m just stressing for no reason 😂😂

When is April does the spring break crowds start to dwindle out? I have been watching the people I follow on youtube lately and it does not seem to be all that bad right now.

We are staying at BLT from 4/7-4/17....10 days to go!! Never stayed there before, we are excited to try it out. Have you stayed there before?
I have not stayed there before. Hoping for high floor with good view off balcony for down time. Also hoping for Star Wars refillable mug and a RoR BP!

Also, I just managed to score a 5:45 dinner reservation for Sci Fi Dine In Theater on 4/18 (my birthday!) via Touring Plans reservation finder. I had a 3:50 booked but I would have rather had one closer to an actual dinner time, so I'm pretty excited about that.
What is Touring plans reservation finder? Ive been checking almost daily for a SciFi opening for dinner on April 26th!

21 days until our trip! Just 3 weeks, I can barely stand it!! 🤪 I can't wait to go Home to Disney and *relax*! ("relaxing" being a relative term, of course, because we will run ourselves weary, but have none of the usual, daily stresses 🙃 )

When is April does the spring break crowds start to dwindle out? I have been watching the people I follow on youtube lately and it does not seem to be all that bad right now.

I think it depends. Many schools had them over the last few weeks. Our district is this week through next Tuesday, since it's based around Easter. I imagine Easter week (from Easter weekend thru 4/10 or 4/11) will be busy, though most schools are done with breaks by then. Hopefully after that it lightens up, but I think it's harder than ever to tell this year.

I live in MA but teach in RI. All of RI is off the week of the 19th and I believe most of MA as well. I think we probably have one of, if not the latest spring break in the country.

We are staying at BLT from 4/7-4/17....10 days to go!! Never stayed there before, we are excited to try it out. Have you stayed there before?
We have stayed at Contemporary and BLT and really loved BLT! Preferred it to the Contemporary, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

My partner and I will be there April 19-23. Staying at CBR. We were originally supposed to be there for the SW Half. Once that moved virtual, I figured I'd run my half a week early to fully recover before putting those same miles on my legs daily while at Disney 😂.

4/19 - MK
4/20 - HWS
4/21 - Fishing excursion that morning followed by Epcot boozin
4/22 - AK

We have seom solid ADRs and hope to snag an Oga's if/when they open more hours for HWS later this week (at least, history seems to be pointing there is a good chance at that)

What started out as a solo trip for my birthday has morphed into a mother/daughters trip <3. We are flying in on 4/18 and flying home 4/23.

Originally I was staying at Shades then I decided to bring my 17 yr old DD since she could use a break and she is all about the theming so we moved to AoA. Once DD20/DD25 jumped in there was no way I was squeezing into that tiny room/bed with 4 people. Sadly, no Shades so we're staying at the Swan.

I couldn't get 2 of my girls park reservations on the same day as DD17 and I, fortunately I didn't hold out and got them for the next day and by the end of the day DHS wasn't available at all :/

I'm crossing my fingers for some ADRs to open up this weekend. I would love to eat at CRT for my birthday.

As of now this is our plan
4/19 - Breakfast at Topolino's (for 2 but I'm checking every day to try to add the other 2) - EPCOT (Lunch at Coral Reef)
4/20 - HB to me! - Magic Kingdom (Dinner at Jungle Skipper Canteen)
4/21 - DHS or AK (DHS for 2 of us and AK for the other 2. debating on all 4 of us going to AK)
4/22 - DHS

I'm trying to get a Sci-Fi ADR for either 4/21 or 4/22

We have PHs so we'll be playing the afternoon's by ear.

As of now this is our plan
4/19 - Breakfast at Topolino's (for 2 but I'm checking every day to try to add the other 2) - EPCOT (Lunch at Coral Reef)
4/20 - HB to me! - Magic Kingdom (Dinner at Jungle Skipper Canteen)
4/21 - DHS or AK (DHS for 2 of us and AK for the other 2. debating on all 4 of us going to AK)
4/22 - DHS

We will be at MK on 4/20 as well! Celebrating my daughter's 5th birthday 😊 Technically not until May, but we're celebrating early. Fingers crossed you get the CRT ADR you are hoping for!

We are in Orlando now through 4/2 UOAP holders.
There are new covid rules in effect that you should be aware of for example, you have to ask to have your room serviced, they will not enter your room without permission.
Every day we have to remember to request towels, face cloths etc..

MK , EPCOT are much more vigilant on making sure you have your mask on than UO but then there are more visible Disney CM’s seen.
I am disappointed with UO’s planning and execution as far as how smoothly things are running at the parks, they block entry and have a mob with no social distancing before hitting the secuits area, they know how many cups they sell for the freestyle kiosks, to see multiple machines not working, not have ice or have water was pretty bad as was running out of food or no napkins, even at half capacity this was shocking to see. As was no removing or reminding adults to wear their masks correctly other than constant messages on the speaker system... but hopefully they will hit their stride soon.

FYI - Disney won the food wars, the taste of EPCOT had much better food than the UO Mardi Gras offerings.

And still no fireworks at MK or EPCOT

Last edited:
Sadly, the PeopleMover reopening has been pushed back again. The calendar is now showing it closed through 4/30. I was hoping with all the recent testing that it was actually going to open this weekend but I guess it was too good to be true.
Gosh I'm disappointed, but as long as they are able to REALLY get it fixed for the long-term, I am ok with it. I am glad they are putting the resources into fixing it and keeping it operational versus just closing it down. Fingers crossed for the May peeps that it is actually, finally, in good shape for their trips!!

Also, I just managed to score a 5:45 dinner reservation for Sci Fi Dine In Theater on 4/18 (my birthday!) via Touring Plans reservation finder. I had a 3:50 booked but I would have rather had one closer to an actual dinner time, so I'm pretty excited about that.
What is Touring plans reservation finder? Ive been checking almost daily for a SciFi opening for dinner on April 26th!
I am going to give up soon. Last trip we couldn't get a SciFi dinner and this trip doesn't seem to be having better luck. Every time I finally get an alert it is like 3am and I sleep through it lol
I live in MA but teach in RI. All of RI is off the week of the 19th and I believe most of MA as well. I think we probably have one of, if not the latest spring break in the country.
Wow that really is late. I thought our spring break was late being the week after Easter.
Sadly, the PeopleMover reopening has been pushed back again. The calendar is now showing it closed through 4/30. I was hoping with all the recent testing that it was actually going to open this weekend but I guess it was too good to be true.
I saw that - definitely bummed even though I know it isn't exactly a headliner lol

Tomorrow is APRIL - woo hoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter