****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I've been using the personalized plan thingy to try to work out my FP+ on touringplans. It's pretty cool. Has anyone else subscribed and used it?

Yes, I did the personalized plans, too, and I thought it was SO much fun! I have no idea if they'll actually work, but it did help me decide when to get our fastpasses for. I do feel like we'll get more rides done on this trip then we did on our 2008 trip, since I have a plan in mind.

Has anyone done online check-in yet? How did the room requests look? I'm interested specifically in options for BWV, VWL and AKV-Jambo. Thanks!

Sat down today and really mapped out my FP selections since I am now 4 days away! For me it is really really hard to predict where we will be at any moment through the day! I did what i think will work and i will try to just give the rest up to the universe! (yeah, right, like I won't look at it a thousand times btw now and then!LOL!) I must admit, the planner side of me really enjoyed looking at all the choices and trying to figure out the best plan. I guess only time will tell if i did a good job! Can't wait for Tues midnight to see if i get what i want!

I have a question regarding parades and wishes and wonder if somebody can help me out. I know that they don't open until closer to the date. Do I just make some throw away FP+ reservations for earlier in the day and then change the experience/time later?

I have a question regarding parades and wishes and wonder if somebody can help me out. I know that they don't open until closer to the date. Do I just make some throw away FP+ reservations for earlier in the day and then change the experience/time later?

I was able to reserve a FP+ for the FoF parade for 2:45-3:05pm for August 5. I haven't seen any option for the evening stuff.

I was able to reserve a FP+ for the FoF parade for 2:45-3:05pm for August 5. I haven't seen any option for the evening stuff.

Oh, thats cool! I thought everything I read said that they weren't available at 60 days out. I will hope to just reserve it and be done!

Oh, thats cool! I thought everything I read said that they weren't available at 60 days out. I will hope to just reserve it and be done!

I was also surprised to see FoF available but didn't complain!!

I'm so excited that we're getting closer but I wish I hadn't told DD we are going yet. I kind of had to so she didn't plan camps or if she got a job. But it would've been so much fun to surprise her the day before. I'm going to try to BOG for lunch and not tell her anything about it, that place sounds magical even to a cynical 15 yr old.

I'm the same way - Always gotta have some sort of surprise going on! This time, my surprise is Beaches and Cream - The Kitchen Sink!!! I know there is no way in the world we will ever come close to finishing it, but just to see the look on my DDs faces will be worth the $30 price tag! :cool1:

Here are a few days of my touring plans - Let me know what you think! Can I get more in? Do you think I have to much planned to be reasonable? I do touring plans for every day, but we rarely actually follow them.... But this time will just be me and my girls, so I think I will!

Day 1:

Arrive! Check into Pop and head out to DHS – Opens @ 9am *If extra early, go to The Poly first for Tonga Toast*
Go to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Touring Plan –

Tower of Terror
Tower of Terror FP+ - 9:20am-10:20am
Magic of Disney Animation
Toy Story Midway Mania FP+ – 11:15am-12:15pm
Lunch – ABC Commissary or Pizza Planet
Star Tours FP+ – 12:50pm-1:50pm
Muppet Vision 3D
Hotel for a break or to DtD
Head to Epcot for dinner at Via Napoli @ 7:45pm

Day 2:

Head to Epcot – Opens @ 8am
Soarin’
Living with the Land
Test Track FP+ – 9am-10am
Captain E.O.
Spaceship Earth FP+ - 12:10pm-1:10pm
Lunch – Mexico, Morocco & United Kingdom
Beach Club for Beaches & Cream @ 2:30pm
Living with the Land FP+ - 3:10-4:10 (will probably NOT make this)
Back to hotel
Head back to Epcot for dinner at Chefs de France @ 7:50pm

Day 3:

Head to Magic Kingdom – Opens @ 9am
Splash Mountain FP+ - 9:10am-10:10am
Pirates of the Caribbean FP+ - 11:10am-12:10pm
Enchanted Tales with Belle FP+ - 12:40pm-1:40pm
Lunch @ either Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square or Pinocchio Village Haus in Fantasyland
Back to resort for pool time and dinner in either Epcot or DtD

^^^ I haven't done this day yet, other than booking the FP+ options. I get so excited to sit down and do my touring plans, but then when I start... I get bored and quit real quick! LOL

I was so nervous my tickets wouldn't arrive in time for the 60 day window as we got them using Air Miles and they said delivery would be 3 weeks. What a happy day when they showed up after 5 days!

I made my FP* the other evening and it was easy peasy. Now just waiting for my sister to get her tickets so I can copy mine over to her.
I loved that I could split things up and hubby can do his faves a second time while skipping what he doesn't want to go on.

I didn't go too crazy on the planning. Just visualized what section we would be at for the times and picked from there. Hoping with the app to utilize the extra option once our 3 are done for the day.

Oh, I don't think I've been added to the front page. Myself, DH, and DSis will be there from Aug 3-8 at ASSports.

Booking the fp+ was super easy...even after having a margarita (ok 2 :faint:) at dinner. Here is our plan:

Epcot Thursday 8/7:
Rope drop to Test Track (use child swap)
Hit up the Disney Visa Character Spot
FP+ Soarin 10a-11am
FP+ Nemo 11am-12p (Check out the living seas between attractions)
Then ride Imagination, See Capt EO (yuck) then walk through the countries for lunch, Ride the 3Calb, Maelstrom...Then hop to Animal Kingdom and arrive about 4pm. Try to get a 6pm FP+ for Lion King. Go to Dinoland ride dinosaur, triceratop spin, eat a quick dinner, 6pm Lion King show, Safari, Everest, Kali...PASSSSS OUT!
Im hoping our late arrival plan will work out for us. We are getting the 4 day military salute and were not going to do AK this year. But the kids want to go there. After reading an article on EasyWDW...I think its doable especially since its open until 8.

Magic Kingdom #1 Friday 8/8:
Cinderellas Royal Table: 8:15a
Fantasyland before our first FP+
FP+ Ariel Grotto 10:30-11:30
FP+Enchanted Tales with Belle 11:50-12:50
Lunch
FP+ 7 Dwarfs Mine Train 1/2 of us 12:50-1:50
FP+ Space Mountain 1/2 of us 2:05-3:05
Back to AoA for break/dinner then back for MSEP and Wishes (We will hit up some attractions while grandma stakes our spot on main street)

Pool Day Saturday 8/9
Breakfast @ Cape May Cafe 10:25a, back to the resort
Possible night at Boardwalk, Dinner at ESPN

Hollywood Studios 8/10
Arrive at Rope Drop straight to Jedi Academy Sign up
Ride Star Tours
Do some character meets
FP+ ToT 10a-11a
Try to make it to the 11:20a Disney Jr. Show
FP+ TSM 11:40a-12:40p
Lunch
FP+ For DH and 2 DSS (5yo) to Lights, Motors, Action! 1:00ish show
FP+ For Grandma, Me, and DD (11mo) to American Idol
Probably will take a break to get outta the sun...Come back and do a few things we missed. Hoping to get the 6p Jedi Academy, then a 6:45 reservation at 50's Prime Time. After dinner go rest for a bit and then head to MK for EMH til 1am (whoever can make it)

Monday POOL DAY #2
Lounge around and get some sun, then off to Splittsville 5:40p for dinner and some shopping at DTD!

Tuesday Magic Kingdom Day #2
Rope Drop! Straight to BTMR, and then Splash Mountain. Ride both using rider swap. Ride whatever before 11am.
FP+ Anna and Elsa 11am-12p
FP+7DMT 12:15p-1:15p (Eat lunch somewhere in here)
1:10p PIRATE'S LEAGUE
2:05-3:05p POC
5:00p BOG Reservation

Im exhausted already!!!

Booking the fp+ was super easy...even after having a margarita (ok 2 :faint:) at dinner. Here is our plan: Epcot Thursday 8/7: Rope drop to Test Track (use child swap) Hit up the Disney Visa Character Spot FP+ Soarin 10a-11am FP+ Nemo 11am-12p (Check out the living seas between attractions) Then ride Imagination, See Capt EO (yuck) then walk through the countries for lunch, Ride the 3Calb, Maelstrom...Then hop to Animal Kingdom and arrive about 4pm. Try to get a 6pm FP+ for Lion King. Go to Dinoland ride dinosaur, triceratop spin, eat a quick dinner, 6pm Lion King show, Safari, Everest, Kali...PASSSSS OUT! Im hoping our late arrival plan will work out for us. We are getting the 4 day military salute and were not going to do AK this year. But the kids want to go there. After reading an article on EasyWDW...I think its doable especially since its open until 8. Magic Kingdom #1 Friday 8/8: Cinderellas Royal Table: 8:15a Fantasyland before our first FP+ FP+ Ariel Grotto 10:30-11:30 FP+Enchanted Tales with Belle 11:50-12:50 Lunch FP+ 7 Dwarfs Mine Train 1/2 of us 12:50-1:50 FP+ Space Mountain 1/2 of us 2:05-3:05 Back to AoA for break/dinner then back for MSEP and Wishes (We will hit up some attractions while grandma stakes our spot on main street) Pool Day Saturday 8/9 Breakfast @ Cape May Cafe 10:25a, back to the resort Possible night at Boardwalk, Dinner at ESPN Hollywood Studios 8/10 Arrive at Rope Drop straight to Jedi Academy Sign up Ride Star Tours Do some character meets FP+ ToT 10a-11a Try to make it to the 11:20a Disney Jr. Show FP+ TSM 11:40a-12:40p Lunch FP+ For DH and 2 DSS (5yo) to Lights, Motors, Action! 1:00ish show FP+ For Grandma, Me, and DD (11mo) to American Idol Probably will take a break to get outta the sun...Come back and do a few things we missed. Hoping to get the 6p Jedi Academy, then a 6:45 reservation at 50's Prime Time. After dinner go rest for a bit and then head to MK for EMH til 1am (whoever can make it) Monday POOL DAY #2 Lounge around and get some sun, then off to Splittsville 5:40p for dinner and some shopping at DTD! Tuesday Magic Kingdom Day #2 Rope Drop! Straight to BTMR, and then Splash Mountain. Ride both using rider swap. Ride whatever before 11am. FP+ Anna and Elsa 11am-12p FP+7DMT 12:15p-1:15p (Eat lunch somewhere in here) 1:10p PIRATE'S LEAGUE 2:05-3:05p POC 5:00p BOG Reservation Im exhausted already!!!

I don't the the visa photospot opens until 1:00.

Eek, I better start figuring out my days! I can't book FP+ until the 21, so not much time left. DD wants to do a mermaid makeover, has anyone done this and do you think I'll still have time to book one? She did BBB last time and loved it. I just hope she's not disappointed with the mermaid one! But it's disney, how can one ever be disappointed? :)

Eek, I better start figuring out my days! I can't book FP+ until the 21, so not much time left. DD wants to do a mermaid makeover, has anyone done this and do you think I'll still have time to book one? She did BBB last time and loved it. I just hope she's not disappointed with the mermaid one! But it's disney, how can one ever be disappointed? :)

I called today for DS for 8/19 I was able to get him a 1:05 ressie...I would just call them the girl I had was wonderful...

I don't the the visa photospot opens until 1:00.

Exactly what I was going to say! Also, if you want the free 5x7 I think we had to wait awhile to go get it at the camera shop...maybe 2 hours but not quite sure on that part!

I spent the whole weekend at dance recitals 4 of them and a cast party.. I have 32 minutes to book my fp+'s. And then can finally fall asleep. I hope I make the right choices

Exactly what I was going to say! Also, if you want the free 5x7 I think we had to wait awhile to go get it at the camera shop...maybe 2 hours but not quite sure on that part!

Thanks for all the info! We got memory maker so not too concerned with the free pic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter