*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

Yes! :) We will arrive late on the 11th and this is our longest trip, we leave the morning of the 24th! In a classic twist, my husband has a job interview for his dream job 6 hours before our plane fly! Hopefully he'll get good news while we are on our trip! :)

Gosh, your trip couldn't be much closer to ours if we planned it that way.

Good luck to your DH, hope he gets the job, and gets the good news during the trip, that would be wonderful!

Officially 14 days left to go till we arrive at WDW can't wait. Still doing some planning (mostly dining). Everything else is done. Starting to pack can't wait.

Last edited:
23 days! Packing has already started. Need to go through the snacks we are taking, right now DH says we have too much so we'll probably work on that this weekend.

It's August!! It's August!! 26 more sleeps!! :-)

My girls and I are super excited. DBF gets excited when we are at the airport. :P

I have 3 weekends to get us ready for trip and school as we return the day before girls go back.

Haircut appts set. Annual Dr and dentist appts set. Garden Grocer ordered. Need to buy school supplies and see if they have outgrown their uniforms. Lots of things on my to-do list!!

How is everyone else's to-do list looking??

Our magic bands arrived today! Well, the first set. The others are supposed to ship this week. We added 2 days on to our trip after booking, but by that point we had to add each day separately or it would have cost way more. So we are getting extra magic bands, yay!

Our bands are on their way! It's a guessing game since there's been no update with the tracking since the 28th lol

Yep. I tracked ours daily (who are we kidding, multiple times a day), and wasn't expecting them until today - imagine my surprise when they showed up earlier than expected, on Saturday!
Have fun waiting!

Hi! Getting very excited! My family and I are going down 22nd-30th and staying at AOA.

We have 6 days left before we leave. Planning is done. Packing . . . I'm getting there. Honestly, most of what I can pack already is. There are some things that have to wait until last minute of course. I'm basically down to odds and ends now, but the vast majority of the important stuff has been done.

Now, it's mostly making sure I've taken care of all of the bills that will be due while we are gone, or shortly after we get back, and just double checking things to make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

Largely though, we are ready to go.

It's August!! It's August!!

Have school supplies organized (we get back 1 day before school starts). DD has started organizing stuff she needs for her apartment. Got 2 suitcases out (need several more out LOL). Most things bought/boxed and ready to go in car that we need for resort. But my to do list is still MILES long.
OTOH-got my nails and hair done yesterday on on day off (priorities LOL-always do Disney nails prior to trip)

Has the August Resort Activity sheets been posted?
I have gotten links to both our resort calendars from Disney already.
WE LEAVE IN 24 HOURS!!!!!! pixiedust::car::flower1::love::worship::yay:
Safe Travels!!

We leave friday for my dad's birthday, Saturday we leave for Florida and should be checking into resort around 6 pm Sunday!

My girls and I are super excited. DBF gets excited when we are at the airport. :P

I have 3 weekends to get us ready for trip and school as we return the day before girls go back.

Haircut appts set. Annual Dr and dentist appts set. Garden Grocer ordered. Need to buy school supplies and see if they have outgrown their uniforms. Lots of things on my to-do list!!

3 more weekends for us as well.

School supply shopping is done.
Will probably wait to get them new school clothes until the weekend we get back.
Garden grocer ordered
got our pack list ready, just waiting to start packing
Picking up toiletries tonight so I can start packing those at least.
Need to label school supplies yet

Not much more can be done for the trip except wait at this point

I started making my packing lists - so I can see what I need to still purchase (AA batteries...), and started a list of the clothes everyone wants to wear, just so I make sure it is clean, and so I can attempt to make sure our clothes don't clash in pictures. :)
I've spent a bit of time trying to decide which direction to go around the parks... trying to maximize ride time and minimize walking. (Yes I know there are people who will do that for me, but I like it. )
Finally decided on where to go for dinner when we arrive- Homecoming! I am hoping to get a nice meal and then walk some of it off on the way to Ghiridelli for some hot fudge sundaes.

Other than that, not much else to do here- other than keep breaking in the shoes!!
Safe travels to everyone already or soon to be on their way!!

In the same boat but have not done any school shopping yet! Is it bad that planning and packing is a higher priority for me than SCHOOL...lol!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter