• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official August 2022 Thread***

For those of us at the end of the month, here are the dates MK will presumably close at 6pm:
Friday, August 12, 2022
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Friday, August 19, 2022
Tuesday, August 23, 2022
Friday, August 26, 2022
Tuesday, August 30, 2022

I am so bummed they will be closing MK early for the Halloween parties the week we are there. It will be so crowded at the fireworks the nights they are open. I am feeling rather Eeyore-ish with not knowing the park hours.

Yea, I changed my MK days to Saturday and Sunday which isn't what I wanted but I am not going to go on a day when it closes early.

I am so bummed they will be closing MK early for the Halloween parties the week we are there. It will be so crowded at the fireworks the nights they are open. I am feeling rather Eeyore-ish with not knowing the park hours.
Understand the firework want. I embrace the parties and plan my MK day on those days. The crowds are always lighter on party days!

You'll be a bit better re: jet lag coming from NFLD! I'm thinking I'll exhaust myself on the travel day, have a late night, and kick into a new time zone (although I'm totally on board with your siesta plans!). I'm hoping to see the Tree of Life/River of Life light shows - sundown is 8 pm - but will have to wait for the schedule. Or we could make the trek to MK, try to knock off some of the attractions, and then Disney Enchantment/Fantasy in the Skies or whatever the fireworks du jour is.

I gather that the crowd calendars are not very useful right now, as we are in a new normal, but apparently all the Florida schools go back on August 10th, and we arrive on August 11th - hopefully that will make the crowds bearable.
Disney cancelled the River of Light show at AK. They have a daytime Kite Tails show in the same location now. As far as I know the only special nighttime things at AK are the Tree of Life and seeing Pandora lit up.

With the release of the Halloween party dates today that might influence your choice for your arrival night.

I am thinking of adding park hoppers to make the most of our short August trip. Does this sound doable in August heat?
Tuesday 8/23 - Drive directly to TTC/MK, arriving ~12. Drive to Dolphin, check in. Head to Epcot for Frozen G+, dinner, rides, fireworks.
Wednesday 8/24 - Rope drop either Epcot for Remy or HS for MMRR, or leisurely morning at AK. Back to hotel for lunch and swim and rest. Hop to MK for shows, fireworks, deluxe evening hours.
Thursday 8/25 - Leisurely morning at AK or back to MK, hop to HS for shows at 2, depart around 4.
I can’t decide if this will be awesome or disastrous. I also don’t know if G+ will be good or bad with so much hopping.

I am thinking of adding park hoppers to make the most of our short August trip. Does this sound doable in August heat?
Tuesday 8/23 - Drive directly to TTC/MK, arriving ~12. Drive to Dolphin, check in. Head to Epcot for Frozen G+, dinner, rides, fireworks.
Wednesday 8/24 - Rope drop either Epcot for Remy or HS for MMRR, or leisurely morning at AK. Back to hotel for lunch and swim and rest. Hop to MK for shows, fireworks, deluxe evening hours.
Thursday 8/25 - Leisurely morning at AK or back to MK, hop to HS for shows at 2, depart around 4.
I can’t decide if this will be awesome or disastrous. I also don’t know if G+ will be good or bad with so much hopping.
Absolutly! Fingers crossed hopping at 2 will be a thing of the past and you can hop to HS a little earlier! The Dolphin makes this totally doable. I would change this only one way by driving to the Dolphin on 8/23-then going to MK which will be a little later and monorail to Epcot then walk back to Dolphin. August is so hot-we try to avoid 12-3 in the parks unless we are inside.

Hello all! Newbie to DIS here. We are a family of 4 heading to WDW in August. Staying at CBR from 18th Aug to 1st Sept with a 3 night stay at Universal’s RPR 24th to 26th. Looking at adding MNSSHP on the 30th - I’ve been planning and would like opinions if people would be happy to review our itinerary. This trip has been rearranged twice (2020 and 2021) and I’ve not been to the parks for 30 years!

Hello all! Newbie to DIS here. We are a family of 4 heading to WDW in August. Staying at CBR from 18th Aug to 1st Sept with a 3 night stay at Universal’s RPR 24th to 26th. Looking at adding MNSSHP on the 30th - I’ve been planning and would like opinions if people would be happy to review our itinerary. This trip has been rearranged twice (2020 and 2021) and I’ve not been to the parks for 30 years!
Welcome! Can’t wait to see your itinerary! I did RPR last summer and it was awesome. Ask any Disney or Universal questions you want.

Thanks Eeyore! Here goes…

We are flying Glasgow to Melbourne with TUI on the 18th August - landing at 14.20 and staying at CBR. Hoping to make dinner at Via Napoli in Epcot (via Skyliner) to keep the children awake.

19/8 - Magic Kingdom - we know it’ll close early for MNSSHP, thinking we will be up with the larks and then crash so will be grateful for the earlier finish and then head to Disney Springs for shopping and Dinner - Raglan Road

20/8 - Epcot - I love Epcot. I want to go to Lotus Blossom Cafe for lunch (I have happy memories from being here with my parents as a child) and then dinner at Hacienda de San Angel.

21/8 - Hollywood Studios (AM), Typhoon Lagoon (PM) - Dinner at T-Rex

22/8 - Animal Kingdom - hoping to get lunch reservations at Yak and Yeti

23/8 - Hollywood Studios (AM), Typhoon Lagoon/pool (PM) - packing for Universal. Hoping to do dinner at The Boathouse

24/8 - move to RPR. IOA on day 1 with lunch at Toothsome and I’m hoping dinner at Cafe 4 with Marvel characters returns…

25/8 - Universal - dinner at Mel’s (also happy memories here) and dinner at Big Fire

26/8 - IOA/Universal - lunch at Three Broomsticks and dinner at Cheesecake Factory on the way back to CBR

27/8 - lazy morning, breakfast (fingers crossed with Stitch) at Ohana and then Magic Kingdom for a Firework Cruise

28/8 - Epcot - lunch at Space 220 and dinner at Teppan Edo

29/8 - Animal Kingdom - Tusker house breakfast

30/8 - Lazy morning - book Epcot for extra chance at Guardians. Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP

31/8 - Hollywood Studios and then Pool/packing - Dinner at Homecoming

1/9 - Breakfast at Topolinos and then home.

I know it’s a bit of a packed schedule and I suspect I will have a stress-filled ADR day.

Thanks Eeyore! Here goes…

We are flying Glasgow to Melbourne with TUI on the 18th August - landing at 14.20 and staying at CBR. Hoping to make dinner at Via Napoli in Epcot (via Skyliner) to keep the children awake.

19/8 - Magic Kingdom - we know it’ll close early for MNSSHP, thinking we will be up with the larks and then crash so will be grateful for the earlier finish and then head to Disney Springs for shopping and Dinner - Raglan Road

20/8 - Epcot - I love Epcot. I want to go to Lotus Blossom Cafe for lunch (I have happy memories from being here with my parents as a child) and then dinner at Hacienda de San Angel.

21/8 - Hollywood Studios (AM), Typhoon Lagoon (PM) - Dinner at T-Rex

22/8 - Animal Kingdom - hoping to get lunch reservations at Yak and Yeti

23/8 - Hollywood Studios (AM), Typhoon Lagoon/pool (PM) - packing for Universal. Hoping to do dinner at The Boathouse

24/8 - move to RPR. IOA on day 1 with lunch at Toothsome and I’m hoping dinner at Cafe 4 with Marvel characters returns…

25/8 - Universal - dinner at Mel’s (also happy memories here) and dinner at Big Fire

26/8 - IOA/Universal - lunch at Three Broomsticks and dinner at Cheesecake Factory on the way back to CBR

27/8 - lazy morning, breakfast (fingers crossed with Stitch) at Ohana and then Magic Kingdom for a Firework Cruise

28/8 - Epcot - lunch at Space 220 and dinner at Teppan Edo

29/8 - Animal Kingdom - Tusker house breakfast

30/8 - Lazy morning - book Epcot for extra chance at Guardians. Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP

31/8 - Hollywood Studios and then Pool/packing - Dinner at Homecoming

1/9 - Breakfast at Topolinos and then home.

I know it’s a bit of a packed schedule and I suspect I will have a stress-filled ADR day.
Wow! That's an intense schedule but I'm sure it will be great. I would be open to the idea that not all of those ADRs might work out, but you never know! I also have decades-old fond memories of Mel's Diner - I have a pic with my cousins from when the park first opened in the 90s and I hope we can recreate it one day! Was there a specific reason to go Disney-Universal-Disney? Just wondering if all of that moving will be tiring. Of course you have a nice long trip so it's probably not a big deal. This sounds like an amazing trip!

The holiday has been booked as a package deal so we have return transportation from the airport from CBR. We will still have the room there during our Universal days but staying at RPR gets us the Express Pass minimising our time outside of Disney. Hoping that minimizes the disruption somewhat, as I can have the Universal clothes packed in a case and we will just need to pop toiletries etc in for the days there.

Hi all! We arrive on August 15 and our HS day is the 16th. I was playing around with Genie (not Genie+, the free one) and it says I can make Savi’s workshop reservations and other Enchanted Extras reservations on June 6. I’d thought everything was at 60 days out now? What did I miss, or is this an IT glitch?

The holiday has been booked as a package deal so we have return transportation from the airport from CBR. We will still have the room there during our Universal days but staying at RPR gets us the Express Pass minimising our time outside of Disney. Hoping that minimizes the disruption somewhat, as I can have the Universal clothes packed in a case and we will just need to pop toiletries etc in for the days there.
Ah makes total sense!

Hi all! We arrive on August 15 and our HS day is the 16th. I was playing around with Genie (not Genie+, the free one) and it says I can make Savi’s workshop reservations and other Enchanted Extras reservations on June 6. I’d thought everything was at 60 days out now? What did I miss, or is this an IT glitch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter