• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official August 2022 Thread***

Can I run something by my August people? I am surprising my--going to be TEN in two weeks, I can't believe it!--boy with our August trip. He has zero idea this is happening, and I am going to keep it as a surprise until the airport that morning. I look to all of you for suggestions on how to do the surprise that day. It's just me and him; I kind of wanted a mother/son trip before he gets to be a sassy, knows-everything teenager :laughing: We all (husband included) did a really fun trip last June, staying at the Boardwalk, and my son mentioned how he'd love to go to Stormalong Bay sometime, so I made a reservation at the Beach Club Villas. I am SO excited, but am also really good at keeping secrets! I would just love some input on if you've ever surprised anyone with a Disney Trip, etc. My sister is a flight attendant for Delta, so I could mayyybeeee use that as an excuse as to why we're at the airport that morning, ha.......
Thank you in advance for any fun suggestions!!! Can't wait for AUGUST.

My sister is a flight attendant for Delta, so I could mayyybeeee use that as an excuse as to why we're at the airport that morning, ha.......
We surprised our kids with their first ever wdw trip last August. Legit just left their suitcases by the door and waited for someone to ask why they were there...kind of phoned it in ha!

Can I run something by my August people? I am surprising my--going to be TEN in two weeks, I can't believe it!--boy with our August trip. He has zero idea this is happening, and I am going to keep it as a surprise until the airport that morning. I look to all of you for suggestions on how to do the surprise that day. It's just me and him; I kind of wanted a mother/son trip before he gets to be a sassy, knows-everything teenager :laughing: We all (husband included) did a really fun trip last June, staying at the Boardwalk, and my son mentioned how he'd love to go to Stormalong Bay sometime, so I made a reservation at the Beach Club Villas. I am SO excited, but am also really good at keeping secrets! I would just love some input on if you've ever surprised anyone with a Disney Trip, etc. My sister is a flight attendant for Delta, so I could mayyybeeee use that as an excuse as to why we're at the airport that morning, ha.......
I live in Texas and we have something called Sign Gypsies - they come and leave signs in your yard in the middle of the night for birthdays and different celebrations. Once, I had them leave signs that spelled out "We Are Going to Disney World!" in the yard. We were supposed to leave for the airport at 6:30 that morning, so I woke the kids up and said "What's in the yard?" They went and looked out the windows, read the message and got so excited. That's just one idea that is easy to do the morning of.

Some great suggestions, thank you so much. Very fun to read, I like to hear about people/kids being surprised with a Disney trip!!

just booked our stay for aug 28- sept 3! we are so ecxcited!! we'll be staying at all star music...
and we're so excited to be there for a mnsshp....we were going to do mk that day anyway, and if the pricing is correct, it's not much more $$ just to do the party instead of a park day...
we went last year at this time, but we went before genie +, still on the fence about whether or not we need it...

Our trip was shifted to 8/6- 8/11. Will we miss the Halloween decor? I‘m not ready for fall in August, so quite fine with it, but wanted to check- since it seems things are starting up 8/12?

Just booked a couple days for my 9 year daughter and I 8/24 & 8/25! We were last there May 2021, so haven’t ridden Remy’s and really wanted to ride GofG now that it’ll be open! Looks like we’ll be spending more time in Epcot than ever before. We got park hoppers and Genie+ so will be trying to pack as much into two days as possible. Staying at AoA—every time we book I almost spend the extra money for a monorail resort and then switch last minute. Maybe one day!

Also—should we wait to order new Magic Bands until MagicBand+ is out for real?

Only 103 days to go until we return! I'm finally returning with my best friends from August 22 - September 5. We did the International College Program in 2015 and this is the first time we're returning together (my first trip back was with one of them in 2018).

We're staying at All Star Movies, then Cabana Bay and then Pop Century. Things I'm especially looking forward to: all the new rides that opened the past few years, riding the Skyliner, MNSSHP, Typhoon Lagoon and eating mickey waffles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter