• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official August 2022 Thread***

Ok August veterans, tell me how bad the end of August is. We are currently booked 8/25-8/29 at the Riviera, and I have MNSSHP tickets and H2O Glow Water Park party tickets in my cart and I'm scared to pull the trigger because I'm worried about the heat 🥵. We've been in June and September, but never August how much worse is it? Thank you in advance.

August proud veteran here. Rope drop, pool, party! We love the low crowds and will happily sweat and get stuck in possible hurricanes to avoid people. If
You see lightning assume the SL is down and find a bus/Uber. Best Aug advice I have. Enjoy!

Ok August veterans, tell me how bad the end of August is. We are currently booked 8/25-8/29 at the Riviera, and I have MNSSHP tickets and H2O Glow Water Park party tickets in my cart and I'm scared to pull the trigger because I'm worried about the heat 🥵. We've been in June and September, but never August how much worse is it? Thank you in advance.
We travel every year for August and yes its hot and humid but no noticeable difference from June-September. Plus you'll get "lower" crowds then vs your June trips.

August proud veteran here. Rope drop, pool, party! We love the low crowds and will happily sweat and get stuck in possible hurricanes to avoid people. If
You see lightning assume the SL is down and find a bus/Uber. Best Aug advice I have. Enjoy!
Same! If you can tolerate just being sweaty and taking a mid-day break, it's really not that bad.

We travel every year for August and yes its hot and humid but no noticeable difference from June-September. Plus you'll get "lower" crowds then vs your June trips.
Thanks so much, if it's not too different from June I think we will be ok.

Just bought MNSSHP tickets for our trip! I’ve never been to a special event at Disney, but we switched our dates to only have one true full day in the parks (Monday & Wednesday will be 1/2 or 3/4 days) and wanted the option to stay in Magic Kingdom late. I’m so excited, it looks awesome!

We picked August (for 2020) because of history saying lower crowds. Do you think that will still be the case this year? Seems this year nothing is normal, and I'm scared to think of August heat, humidity and a crown on top of it.

We picked August (for 2020) because of history saying lower crowds. Do you think that will still be the case this year? Seems this year nothing is normal, and I'm scared to think of August heat, humidity and a crown on top of it.
I am hopeful that the crowds will subside mid month. School calendars should play in our favor. Will it be like Aug ‘21? Sadly No.

I have been watching the crazy waits all year, and it Seems much better since spring break. I am cautiously optimistic that august will be similar. Half DD’s classmates have already done a 2022 Disney trip, and I think we will only be the ones crazy enough to go in august.

Got our tickets for MNSSHP on 8/30! We typically go in early Sept but I have read reports of late August being very low crowds as well, sometimes lower than early Sept. We don't mind the heat that much and as others have said, a mid-day break even if just for a sit down meal in the ac helps a lot. I also have a neck fan for the afternoons and drink plenty of water!

Got our tickets for MNSSHP on 8/30! We typically go in early Sept but I have read reports of late August being very low crowds as well, sometimes lower than early Sept. We don't mind the heat that much and as others have said, a mid-day break even if just for a sit down meal in the ac helps a lot. I also have a neck fan for the afternoons and drink plenty of water!
We go the same night. Hoping it won’t be too busy as it’s one of the earlier dates.

Mine automatically showed up on the tickets tab - are yours not there?
No. I got an email confirming the booking with a code that it says I need to enter on MDE. I can’t see where I need to add it though - I’ve tried pretty much all of the options.

That's when we are going too! 😀

No. I got an email confirming the booking with a code that it says I need to enter on MDE. I can’t see where I need to add it though - I’ve tried pretty much all of the options.
I went into MDE online, scroll down to tickets, click add more plans, choose link reservations/purchases on left menu. I added the confirmation # and then assigned a ticket to each member that is going (hubby is staying at hotel as he doesn't like Halloween in general). However, they are not showing in the MDE app only in my online account.

Last edited:
We're heading back to the Swan 8/5/8/12. We were just there 4/28-5-10.08 bit that was less than desirable.
The Aprio trip was my husband, me and our adult daughter.
A few days prior to Easter I was injured in a fall at home. On our first day at the park, I reinjured my neck and that was it for my trip. The rest was spent on the bed. I sent my husband and daughter on to the parks as my daughter hadn't been in 17 years due to a chronic illness. I didn't want to ruin her first trip in all that time.

Anyway our anniversary is Aug 9 and my husband booked another trip to surprise me.

He's just done that so we have no plans yet. That'll come.

I hope you all have wonderful trips!
I went into MDE online, scroll down to tickets, click add more plans, choose link reservations/purchases on left menu. I added the confirmation # and then assigned a ticket to each member that is going (hubby is staying at hotel as he doesn't like Halloween in general). However, they are not showing in the MDE app only in my online account.

Maybe we'll see you at Riviera! :D

What time in your experience is good to head back to the park? We were planning to rope drop, head out for lunch and then back, but is 3ish too early and the heat is still awful?

What time in your experience is good to head back to the park? We were planning to rope drop, head out for lunch and then back, but is 3ish too early and the heat is still awful?
The heat is bad until 5 or so. Actually, it’s bad until sunset, but if parks are open later, nap and then plan to stay until closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter