• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official August 2022 Thread***

I've never started one of these, but didn't see one yet so here we go!

Welcome to the August 2022 planning thread. This is a place to discuss our plans, share tips and information, and obsess over every little Disney details that our friends and families are tired of hearing about, lol!

Share your trip dates for August 2022 and where you will be staying to be added to the list below. I'll be sure to update at least once a week!

7/31-8/7 Jambo House figmentfinesse
8/2-8/16 Pop Century MarkleB
8/3-8/9 Boardwalk Villas Toolulu22
8/5-8/13 Port Orleans Revierside OurLaughingPlace
8/6-8/13 Art of Animation LeeLee's Mom
8/7-8/12 Riviera figmentfinesse
8/7-8/13 Home2 (Flamingo Crossing) stitchfan75
8/7-8/14 Beach Club dawz1026
8/8-8/12 Contemporary DMLAINI
8/10-8/20 Wilderness Lodge Mle8308
8/11-8/20 Caribbean Beach/Dolphin Canadisney Fly
8/12-8/15 All Star Sports DMLAINI
8/13-8/15 Beach Club OurLaughingPlace
8/13-8/20 Boardwalk Villas The13thLetter
8/14-8/20 Beach Club AliceNDinah
8/15-8/20 Copper Creek Villas Wayland10
8/15-8/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge Honeypot
8/16-8/21 Wilderness Lodge dancemomnj
8/16-8/23 Old Key West Trinity88
8/16-8/27 Hard Rock Hotel/Westgate rcj2000
8/17-8/25 Polynesian Honeypot
8/17-8/24 Dolphin DrFacilier
8/18-9/1 Hyatt Grand Cypress itf
8/18-9/2 Pop Century AJ1983
8/20-8/22 Polynesian Wayland10
8/20-8/23 Royal Pacific Resort kittercats85
8/21-8/28 Pop Century cheshiregoofy22
8/21-8/24 Polynesian suse66
8/21-8/30 Caribbean Beach q2b
8/22-8/28 TBD Palaura
8/23-8/29 Art of Animation kittercats85
8/24-8/28 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo suse66
8/24-8/29 Copper Creek Villas/Polynesian Pills
8/24-9/4 Riviera b00kbug
8/25-8/28 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Princess Michele
8/25 -9/3 Polynesian Villas pic22
8/25-9/4 Boardwalk TheOneWithTheTriplets
8/28-9/4 Beach Club Villas Princess Michele
8/31-9/5 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kmedders

7/29-8/8 Boardwalk Villas

9 weeks before we go! We are super excited to be trying Universal (3 nights Royal Pacific) for the first time and 2 nights off-site before we start our Disney vacation. We haven't stayed off-site in about 18 years and are going to stay at Drury Inn for two nights (near Universal) and rent a car. We are going to try shopping at the outlet malls and visit Old Town in Kissimmee (we went here 20 years ago and have great memories of it). Have any of you ever stayed at this Drury Inn?
Any other suggestions for us to do while we have a car? We are all adults -DDs are 20 and 23. Also, we are doing Disney without Genie + - so many changes since our last trip. I hope we're not making a mistake but I think that we will be ok as we are all adults and are happy with a laid back trip where we don't have to ride everything.
Happy to be planning an August trip with all of you!

9 weeks before we go! We are super excited to be trying Universal (3 nights Royal Pacific) for the first time and 2 nights off-site before we start our Disney vacation. We haven't stayed off-site in about 18 years and are going to stay at Drury Inn for two nights (near Universal) and rent a car. We are going to try shopping at the outlet malls and visit Old Town in Kissimmee (we went here 20 years ago and have great memories of it). Have any of you ever stayed at this Drury Inn?
Any other suggestions for us to do while we have a car? We are all adults -DDs are 20 and 23. Also, we are doing Disney without Genie + - so many changes since our last trip. I hope we're not making a mistake but I think that we will be ok as we are all adults and are happy with a laid back trip where we don't have to ride everything.
Happy to be planning an August trip with all of you!
We love the Universal Drury! It has become our go-to place to stay cheap on our Universal trips. Excellent value with the breakfast/dinner kickback and drinks. :)
Enjoy!

Since I originally posted I've switched resorts like 4 times (I'm bad at decisions, lol), but we're settled on the Swan, 7/31-8/5. That means... tomorrow is my dining day! I am so nervous. I feel like I've been training for a marathon. My daughter wants to 'eat in a castle' so I need my fast fingers ready! I'm realizing the most annoying part about being the only adult is that I'll have to carry everything - looking into a good fanny pack that could possibly hold our essentials to save my shoulders and neck. That's hard with rain and heat paraphernalia to deal with. Any suggestions?

Since I originally posted I've switched resorts like 4 times (I'm bad at decisions, lol), but we're settled on the Swan, 7/31-8/5. That means... tomorrow is my dining day! I am so nervous. I feel like I've been training for a marathon. My daughter wants to 'eat in a castle' so I need my fast fingers ready! I'm realizing the most annoying part about being the only adult is that I'll have to carry everything - looking into a good fanny pack that could possibly hold our essentials to save my shoulders and neck. That's hard with rain and heat paraphernalia to deal with. Any suggestions?
Not a fanny pack but also being the carrier of all things I use this backpack that's super light and stays pretty dry.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H4MVFSJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I have a similar backpack that I love - just worried about my bum shoulder bearing any weight all day. We shall see. The good news is that dining went well - good amount of availability!!

Sure! Here’s what I have now (I will, of course, make lots of changes as I go lol):
8/1 - lunch rainforest cafe at AK
Dinner at la hacienda at Epcot

8/2- lunch at Tony’s at MK
Dinner at coral reef at Epcot

8/3- Oga’s just to check it out
Lunch at 50s prime time at HS
Dinner at be our guest at MK

8/4- lunch at CRT at MK
Dinner either at beaches and cream or blue zoo (I reserved blue zoo through open table to keep my options open).

Weirdly, coral reef was the toughest to get a time for (still not totally happy with it) and be our guest was slim pickings. I checked toppolino’s and chef mickey’s for fun and no availability. Oga’s was wide open and I had always heard that was a hard one. I got all of my daughter’s requests, so i’m happy!

Ps: I typically never reserve lunch and dinner table service, but I figured with the heat we’d appreciate it.

Sure! Here’s what I have now (I will, of course, make lots of changes as I go lol):
8/1 - lunch rainforest cafe at AK
Dinner at la hacienda at Epcot

8/2- lunch at Tony’s at MK
Dinner at coral reef at Epcot

8/3- Oga’s just to check it out
Lunch at 50s prime time at HS
Dinner at be our guest at MK

8/4- lunch at CRT at MK
Dinner either at beaches and cream or blue zoo (I reserved blue zoo through open table to keep my options open).

Weirdly, coral reef was the toughest to get a time for (still not totally happy with it) and be our guest was slim pickings. I checked toppolino’s and chef mickey’s for fun and no availability. Oga’s was wide open and I had always heard that was a hard one. I got all of my daughter’s requests, so i’m happy!

nice lineup! Man, I'm so nervous about my ADR day. Got a few big ones planned so I need to map out what order I should attack.

nice lineup! Man, I'm so nervous about my ADR day. Got a few big ones planned so I need to map out what order I should attack.
Yeah I was nervous too. I opened tabs for the places I wanted in order of perceived difficulty. I pre-populated my search time and date for each one. Then I just clicked through the tabs and booked booked booked at 6!

Yeah I was nervous too. I opened tabs for the places I wanted in order of perceived difficulty. I pre-populated my search time and date for each one. Then I just clicked through the tabs and booked booked booked at 6!
I’ve never done it with tabs-I normally do the app. I’m stealing this. We are a split stay so my windows to book are small. The only (for us) downside of split stays!

I’ve never done it with tabs-I normally do the app. I’m stealing this. We are a split stay so my windows to book are small. The only (for us) downside of split stays!
Just double-check that you're signed in on each tab - you should be, but I was paranoid and checked each one.

Genius! I'll be doing this as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter