***Official August 2022 Thread***

We head down for Universal and off-site starting July 30th, but are checking into Disney August 5th, and we are booking our dining reservations tomorrow. We have a split stay (8 nights Riverside, 2 nights Beach Club), so we will book dining from the 5th -13th tomorrow. I'll be ready to go by 6:00am.

Got my ADR's today. We generally do one table service a day.
August 5th - Hoop De Doo 4:00pm category 1
August 6th - still waiting ... hoping for Akershus breakfast if this restaurant opens up
August 7th - Crystal Palace lunch
August 8th- 'Ohana dinner
August 10th- Chef Mickey's dinner
August 11th- Sci Fi lunch
August 12th- Trails End dinner
August 13th- Le Cellier lunch

Still to book (but on a split stay, so can't book until June 14th)
August 14th- Beaches and Cream lunch
August 15th- Cape May breakfast

***tried to book Rainforest Cafe August 9th for dinner at Animal Kingdom, but only showing breakfast and lunch times, so I will try again later.
***tried to book T-Rex August 6th for dinner, but not able to. We are Landry card holders, so I may just go that route for a reservation.

Took me about one hour. A few minor glitches, but overall, not too bad. I was up and ready to go online by 6:00am.

Got my ADR's today. We generally do one table service a day.
August 5th - Hoop De Doo 4:00pm category 1
August 6th - still waiting ... hoping for Akershus breakfast if this restaurant opens up
August 7th - Crystal Palace lunch
August 8th- 'Ohana dinner
August 10th- Chef Mickey's dinner
August 11th- Sci Fi lunch
August 12th- Trails End dinner
August 13th- Le Cellier lunch

Still to book (but on a split stay, so can't book until June 14th)
August 14th- Beaches and Cream lunch
August 15th- Cape May breakfast

***tried to book Rainforest Cafe August 9th for dinner at Animal Kingdom, but only showing breakfast and lunch times, so I will try again later.
***tried to book T-Rex August 6th for dinner, but not able to. We are Landry card holders, so I may just go that route for a reservation.

Took me about one hour. A few minor glitches, but overall, not too bad. I was up and ready to go online by 6:00am.
Oh you got sci-fi!! Way to go with these!

Sounds like booking ADRs isn't too bad. Was a bit worried from the dining board. We are only booking 2 ADRs though, one seems not too hard to book and the other is Chef Mickeys but it's on our departure morning so hoping not an issue. Am also hoping we're not making a mistake by not booking more as it's a good way to get out of the heat, but I wasn't sure how it would work with Genie+ (plus it saves a bit budget wise sticking to quick service)

Our date is in a couple weeks. It opens at 6am?

Sounds like booking ADRs isn't too bad. Was a bit worried from the dining board. We are only booking 2 ADRs though, one seems not too hard to book and the other is Chef Mickeys but it's on our departure morning so hoping not an issue. Am also hoping we're not making a mistake by not booking more as it's a good way to get out of the heat, but I wasn't sure how it would work with Genie+ (plus it saves a bit budget wise sticking to quick service)

Our date is in a couple weeks. It opens at 6am?
Yes, 6:00am. I had no issues with availability. I was 60 + 8 and started with Hoop De Doo, then 'Ohana, then Sci-Fi, then Chef Mickey as the ones I thought might be more difficult. Even when I put in a specific time, I usually got offered that time or within 5-10 minutes of that time. I was worried too from everything that I had read, but I didn't have any trouble. We're not doing Genie+ so that won't affect our dining, but I can see how it could be an issue. Good luck with your ADR's.

Yes, 6:00am. I had no issues with availability. I was 60 + 8 and started with Hoop De Doo, then 'Ohana, then Sci-Fi, then Chef Mickey as the ones I thought might be more difficult. Even when I put in a specific time, I usually got offered that time or within 5-10 minutes of that time. I was worried too from everything that I had read, but I didn't have any trouble. We're not doing Genie+ so that won't affect our dining, but I can see how it could be an issue. Good luck with your ADR's.
Thanks for confirming. Glad to hear you had no issues getting all your desired bookings!

I've never started one of these, but didn't see one yet so here we go!

Welcome to the August 2022 planning thread. This is a place to discuss our plans, share tips and information, and obsess over every little Disney details that our friends and families are tired of hearing about, lol!

Share your trip dates for August 2022 and where you will be staying to be added to the list below. I'll be sure to update at least once a week!

7/31-8/7 Jambo House figmentfinesse
8/2-8/16 Pop Century MarkleB
8/3-8/9 Boardwalk Villas Toolulu22
8/5-8/13 Port Orleans Revierside OurLaughingPlace
8/6-8/13 Art of Animation LeeLee's Mom
8/7-8/12 Riviera figmentfinesse
8/7-8/13 Home2 (Flamingo Crossing) stitchfan75
8/7-8/14 Beach Club dawz1026
8/8-8/12 Contemporary DMLAINI
8/10-8/20 Wilderness Lodge Mle8308
8/11-8/20 Caribbean Beach/Dolphin Canadisney Fly
8/12-8/15 All Star Sports DMLAINI
8/13-8/15 Beach Club OurLaughingPlace
8/13-8/20 Boardwalk Villas The13thLetter
8/14-8/20 Beach Club AliceNDinah
8/15-8/20 Copper Creek Villas Wayland10
8/15-8/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge Honeypot
8/16-8/21 Wilderness Lodge dancemomnj
8/16-8/23 Old Key West Trinity88
8/16-8/27 Hard Rock Hotel/Westgate rcj2000
8/17-8/25 Polynesian Honeypot
8/17-8/24 Dolphin DrFacilier
8/18-9/1 Hyatt Grand Cypress itf
8/18-9/2 Pop Century AJ1983
8/20-8/22 Polynesian Wayland10
8/20-8/23 Royal Pacific Resort kittercats85
8/21-8/28 Pop Century cheshiregoofy22
8/21-8/24 Polynesian suse66
8/21-8/30 Caribbean Beach q2b
8/22-8/28 TBD Palaura
8/23-8/29 Art of Animation kittercats85
8/24-8/28 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo suse66
8/24-8/29 Copper Creek Villas/Polynesian Pills
8/24-9/4 Riviera b00kbug
8/25-8/28 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Princess Michele
8/25 -9/3 Polynesian Villas pic22
8/25-9/4 Boardwalk TheOneWithTheTriplets
8/28-9/4 Beach Club Villas Princess Michele
8/31-9/5 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kmedders
8/8-8/14 Animal Kingdom Lodge

We are going to be staying at pop century from august 9th-16th before heading to Unibersal First Disney trip ever and visiting from the UK 🇬🇧 So we’re so excited. Our ADR opens up tomorrow and the nerves are hitting! Hoping Topolinos breakfast opens up towards the end of our trip, haven’t seen it available at all in my practice runs!

I have no clue where to ask this - but for our upcoming trip in August - do you have any local businesses you recommend for gift basket deliveries? Preferably former cast members. I think the Disney floral website is too expensive for what you get. But I"m having a tough time finding an alternative.

I have no clue where to ask this - but for our upcoming trip in August - do you have any local businesses you recommend for gift basket deliveries? Preferably former cast members. I think the Disney floral website is too expensive for what you get. But I"m having a tough time finding an alternative.

check out www.vacationgrocerydeliveryfl.com

run by previous cast members. They primarily do grocery deliveries but they also do gift baskets.

Hello August travel peeps! We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary (with our kiddos) at the Beach Club from 8/7-8/14 then heading to Universal for 2 nights at Royal Pacific. Just got my ADRs in, and we are so excited that we were able to snag Topolino's for our Anniversary dinner. And of course, we can't miss Halloween in August, so we'll be there for the first night of MNSSHP too. We have never stayed at Beach Club and are very excited to hop to Epcot for amazing food and beverages during the festival.

Surprise trip for our daughter. Staying at Pop Century August 21-27. We are coming from NY and will be spending 2 weeks in Georgia prior to Disney. One last trip before she begins 1st grade in September.
Hellooooooo fellow NYer!

CHeck out the Facebook group Ear for each other. Some great services! The group is made up of cast members who share their talents of transportation, makeovers, door decorating, gifting./:you name it!

Got my ADRs today! Was a very frantic moment trying to navigate all the devices 😂 It may seem like a lot and I still can’t believe we managed to get everything we wanted, but it’s our first trip so we are going all out!

10th Aug - Ohana’s breakfast and dinner at Be our Guest (for some reason BOG was only showing dinner times till 6)

11th Aug - Topolino’s Terrace for Dinner!
12th Aug - Sci-Fi for Lunch
13th Aug - Sanaa for lunch and Jiko for Dinner
14th Aug - Topolino’s Terrace for breakfast and Space 220 lounge for dinner

15th Aug - Chef Mickeys for breakfast and Ohana for dinner

16th Aug - Chef Art Homecoming for lunch

Got my ADRs today! Was a very frantic moment trying to navigate all the devices 😂 It may seem like a lot and I still can’t believe we managed to get everything we wanted, but it’s our first trip so we are going all out!

10th Aug - Ohana’s breakfast and dinner at Be our Guest (for some reason BOG was only showing dinner times till 6)

11th Aug - Topolino’s Terrace for Dinner!
12th Aug - Sci-Fi for Lunch
13th Aug - Sanaa for lunch and Jiko for Dinner
14th Aug - Topolino’s Terrace for breakfast and Space 220 lounge for dinner

15th Aug - Chef Mickeys for breakfast and Ohana for dinner

16th Aug - Chef Art Homecoming for lunch
I’m impressed by all the sci-fi we’ve seen in ADE day. Hoping this is true for us! Enjoy-those look wonderful!

We will be at CBR from 8/12-8/18, after time on the Gulf Coast. First time at this resort! We stayed at Pop last year and loved the Skyliner. traveling with my immediate family and my parents.

Is anyone going to attempt to make a Victoria and Albert’s reservation when they open on 6/20? My ADR window is a few days after that and I am interested in best methods for making the reservation (desktop browser or MDE app or call?). If anyone makes one I’d love to learn from your experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter