• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official August 2022 Thread***

Up at 3 am to book the ADRs! We have a split stay with the Dolphin for the last three days, so I can't book those, but I was able to get almost verything I wanted, with the only compromise being I had to get Tier 2 for the Hoop-dee-doo review, and that I couldn't get the Nomad at AK to acknowledge that I did indeed have a park booking for that day. I was able to get within 15 minutes of every time suggestion that I entered.

My strategy was to have the "big" meal on most days close to midday and get into an air conditioned space.

Friday Aug 12 – MK - Hoop de Doo review - Tier 2
Saturday Aug 13 – AK - BOMA buffet for brunch (and hopefully Nomad for late afternoon drinks and sliders)
Sunday Aug 14 – HS - Lunch at the 50s Café; drinks at 5 pm at Oga’s Cantina
Monday Aug 15 – MK - lunch at Crystal Palace
Tuesday Aug 16 – Disney Springs – early dinner and Cirque - haven't chosen a restaurant yet!
Wednesday Aug 17 – Epcot - lunch at Garden Grill Harvest Feast
Thurs Aug 18-20th - at the Dolphin, so I'll have to wait for the ADRs to open up.

Got my ADRs set up today, after dealing with major glitches from 6:05 to about 8:30. Luckily, everything I wanted was still available once the website started behaving again. I did have some trouble getting anything I wanted on our arrival day for a party of 7, so we will try the Festival of the Arts booths.
I also prioritize a noon break in AC! I am happy with the list below…

8/13 Sanaa for lunch (had to split into 4/3)
8/14 Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch
8/15 Oga’s for snacks, Sebastian’s Bistro for dinner
8/16 Teppan Edo for lunch, Beaches and Cream (split 5/2) for late night snack
8/17 Sci Fi for lunch, Toppolinos for dinner

I just booked our ADR's this morning. Got everything I wanted at the right times. I was a bit concerned when I logged in at 5:50am to an entirely new website design....but luckily had no issues. Used both the computer and app simultaneously.

8/14 The Plaza 6:15pm
8/15 Via Napoli 7:00pm
8/17 Steakhouse 71 6:05pm
8/18 Yak & Yeti 6:00pm
8/19 Topolino's 9:55am
8/21 City Works 6:30pm
8/22 Space 220 Lounge 6:50pm
8/23 Sci-fi 6:30pm

I just booked our ADR's this morning. Got everything I wanted at the right times. I was a bit concerned when I logged in at 5:50am to an entirely new website design....but luckily had no issues. Used both the computer and app simultaneously.

8/14 The Plaza 6:15pm
8/15 Via Napoli 7:00pm
8/17 Steakhouse 71 6:05pm
8/18 Yak & Yeti 6:00pm
8/19 Topolino's 9:55am
8/21 City Works 6:30pm
How available was Space 220 Lounge? I'm hoping to book dinner time on the 21st, but my window doesn't open until Friday

We check in for my 30th birthday trip with just my fiance and I on 8/21!! I am not so patiently waiting for my dining window to open next week :teleport:

I'm 98% sure 4 person tables are the largest you can book for the lounge.

I see availability for tables of 2 only that night. I have to go out to day 11 to get a table of 3 or 4.

Agree with @han22735 . Lounge caps out at 4. You can book a 4 and a 2 if you're ok being split or book the restaurant proper. You can always ask for your 4/2 to be near each other, but no guarantees. (I'm definitely NOT secretly hoping that we get split up, all 3 girls want to sit with Daddy, and I get a calm lounge visit to myself. 100% not what I'm going for at all.)

Would you be willing to do me a favor? Would you check Space on the 22 or 23 for 2 people and 4, and just tell me if you are seeing a difference in availability? My ADR day is Thursday and I'm trying to decide if I should be trying for 2 or 4. Last time (all cancelled by pandemic) I couldn't get anything for Ohana for 2 but could for 4, so curious if this happens for others too. I appreciate it if possible, thanks.

Just finished planning our trip starting Aug 6. I somehow missed the 60 day reservation window so I've been scrambling the past couple of days to get dining reserved. Lucked out and was able to secure BoG, CRT, and Ohana at times we wanted.

If anyone is interested, I have these two reservations that I will be cancelling:

8:20am Cinderella's Royal Table for 4 on Tuesday August 9

1:50pm Be Our Guest for 7 on Tuesday August 9

Would you be willing to do me a favor? Would you check Space on the 22 or 23 for 2 people and 4, and just tell me if you are seeing a difference in availability? My ADR day is Thursday and I'm trying to decide if I should be trying for 2 or 4. Last time (all cancelled by pandemic) I couldn't get anything for Ohana for 2 but could for 4, so curious if this happens for others too. I appreciate it if possible, thanks.
22,23 for 2 people is wide open. 4 ppl nothing on 22, 7:50 on 23rd. I was checking dinner times for the lounge.

My dining reservation opens next week! Here is the order of restaurants i'll go after.
Fingers crossed I can get reservations for 8.

1. Topolino's Breakfast
2. Rose & Crown Fireworks
3. Homecomin dinner
4. Boma breakfast
5. The Plaza lunch
6. Yak & Yeti dinner (Not too worried since we're Landry's members)
7. Nine Dragons dinner

I have a split stay with POR for 6 nights and then the Dolphin for 3 nights - it won't let me book any ADRs for the last three days of the trip, even though I have park reservations and the Dolphin reservation is linked to my account :(

I had no luck when I tried to book Space 220 lounge for three people for any time between the 11th and the 17th - I'll keep checking but I suppose we can also just head over to the standby line.

Just booked our dining for 5 people:
8/15 Prime Time 4pm
8/16 The Plaza 1:30pm
8/17 Tepan Edo 3:30pm
8/18 Hoop dee doo 8:30pm cat 1!
8/19 Sci-fi 11:20am

I could not book Yak & Yeti for 8/14 at lunch as no availability. I guess we are using our Landry's card.

I am most excited for the Hoop dee doo Cat 1. It was my #1 priority to get cat 1 as I have had 2 knee surgeries this year and stairs are not my friend. I booked it at 5:01am 😀

Last edited:
Oooooh, got my ADR's this morning! For me and my son we have:

8/14 Beaches and Cream 3:40
8/15 Prime Time 11:50 AM
8:16 Le Cellier 210 PM
8/17 Ravello Breakfast, Four Seasons
8/17 Flying Fish 5:55 PM
8/18 Cinderella's Royal Table 10:05 AM
8/18 Tony's 3:00 PM
8/18 Grand Floridian Cafe 7:45 PM
8/19 Cape May Cafe 8:30 AM
8/19 Homecomin' 2:30 PM
8/19 The BOATHOUSE 7:00 PM
8/20 Ale & Compass 9:30 AM
8/20 One more time for Beaches and Cream 3:00 PM

So, so excited :)

Just finished my ADRs! I got everything we wanted, at the times we wanted them!
8/16- 50s Prime Time lunch, Oga’s near dinner time
8/17- Skipper Canteen dinner
8/19 - lunch at Homecomin’, dinner at San Angel Inn
8/20- Whispering Canyon brunch, Citricos dinner

The only thing completely unavailable was Savi’s. I’ve read that they haven’t been loading those reservations on time. Did anyone have luck the week of the 15th?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter