***Official August 2022 Thread***

Anyone going soon still making changes? I moved 2 days today. Our only AK day was the day after MK with extended hours till 1am. No way we could make it to AK at the right time the next day. SO now its our DS day and can sleep in as late as we want. Only issue...I gave up our Yak and Yeti reservation. Luckily AK has plenty of good QS laces to eat.

I thought I was the only one. I’ll try and get the MNSSHP dessert party so I cancelled a regular one that I had. I am still struggling about some park reservations / rest days and dining. Moving things around is not easy :(

I thought I was the only one. I’ll try and get the MNSSHP dessert party so I cancelled a regular one that I had. I am still struggling about some park reservations / rest days and dining. Moving things around is not easy :(
I agree. I changed another day last night. After looking though again we had 4 MK days and only 1.5 HS. Dropped a MK and added a HS. Luckily we did not have any dining reservations that day. But park reservations are filling fast.

I think I was the first to go here! Just got back (7/31-8/5). It was a wonderful week. A few observations:
- the parks were packed, but I don’t think those of you going later in the month will have that issue. I am talking wall to wall people everywhere, more than I’m used to in August but, again, I usually go later in the month.
- I am used to August trips, but the heat still got to me. Be prepared for surface of the sun hot. I highly recommend going super early, taking a pool break mid day (some days we couldn’t even stand being in the pool so we just chilled in the hotel) and then returning in the evening. Bring hydration packets for your water. Use an umbrella - it helps.
- I liked Genie +. Got early return times for popular rides everywhere except HS. Tried for slinky at 7am and got a 1pm return time. Still not bad. Immediately tried to buy rise after that and got a 2pm ILL. Unfortunately the ride was down all day so I got a refund. With Genie plus and ILLs, the longest and only real line we waited in all week was 45 min for safari. Did a few 15 min here and there. It was great and that was with crazy wait times posted all over. If you have impatient family members like I do, it’s worth the money in every park (maybe not AK if you rope drop). To me, Remy and frozen make it worth it in Epcot. I will say there were only two of us this trip (mother/daughter girls trip) and we booked tickets back when we could include genie plus - if I had a big group where genie plus would become pricey, I would definitely skip AK and maybe epcot. I think it’s kind of a must for HS and MK unless you have a lot of days in each park.

So, now I’m home and sad and trying to plan another trip without my husband losing his mind at me lol.
Happy to answer any questions - I saw someone mentioned the storms. Yes - every day in August lol. But they didn’t last too long except for one day.

anyone look at park availability lately for the week of aug 22-28? MK and HS ARE sold out most of the week 😭 I’m getting so anxious about the crowds

anyone look at park availability lately for the week of aug 22-28? MK and HS ARE sold out most of the week 😭 I’m getting so anxious about the crowds
....that's surprising because most states' schools are back in session, especially the Florida schools.... :confused3

We are there that week too. I try to remind myself the overall capacity may be lower since they can adjust with staffing and expect less crowds…. 🤞🏻
Thats what I am hoping for too!

....that's surprising because most states' schools are back in session, especially the Florida schools.... :confused3
Thats why I booked that week! Thinking the crowds would be the lowest!

Thats what I am hoping for too!

Thats why I booked that week! Thinking the crowds would be the lowest!
...we had visited in Late January and it was pretty crowded then....that is typically value season...I'm guessing that lots of people delayed their vacays because of Covid... :confused3

Don't worry about crowds for the week of Aug 22-28. It is a slow time at WDW. A lot of schools throughout the country are back in session by then. :)

On Friday I saw that there were lots of restaurants with available tables during prime dinner hours, even restaurants in the parks. That says that it won't be crowded, since it is rare to see available tables in parks during the busy season. :)

ETA: The parks won't be empty but I think they will less crowded than during the busy times of year.

Last edited:
Yes! And I ordered them the morning they came out. I still have time, we don't leave until the 31st. But - it makes me a little anxious - I bought $200 worth of magic bands so our friends and their kids have one to get the full experience.

I am verrrrry nervous. I ordered on 7/27 as well and we leave this Friday and it still shows in progress :(

I am verrrrry nervous. I ordered on 7/27 as well and we leave this Friday and it still shows in progress :(
I just called and mine were ordered on the first day and we check in on the 17th. They are in “fulfillment” and can not be cancelled or redirected to hotel. Also-can’t rerun them if we don’t get them in time. Magical. Hyatt magical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter