• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (will contain spoilers once the movie is out)

Wow, what a movie, and I have no tears left to cry, I think.

Dumb question that I’m hoping that somebody can please explain...why did Future Nebula continue to exit when she killed Past Nebula? This was the only bit that confused me.
Really really good question. You could ask the same for Thanos, he came forward in time, but then was dusted, so how did he go back and do the first snap.

It has some holes, and as time travel is handled differently than other movies, no one can really question it.
They covered this in the movie. Remember the whole "they got it wrong in back to the Future" part?

In this version of time travel you do not change the past. Your time travel is a new timeline from that point on. The past is always the past

Captain America has always been my #1 guy.
I fully expected him to die in Endgame... pretty much was really trying to appreciate every scene he was in.
So when he got Thor’s hammer and started to go off, I had the biggest grin in the theater.

I loved that too!!!!!

I didn’t really like that they did it in back to back movies. I thought it went over way better in IW. But maybe this one would have been the better of the two if they hadn’t just done it

My daughters and I highly enjoyed it. Lord knows we've been watching the dudes have their scenes in all the movies. Don't get me wrong, we love the MCU, but it's about freaking time.

Another massive thumbs up here. :thumbsup2

Such great movie making.

Just went to see it with the Wife, Kids and brother. It was a great movie but not phenomenal. Infinity Wars and Civil WAR are in the phenomenal realm and this falls one level below that. I do think that the last hour of the movie is probably on that level but it is weighed down a bit by the first 2 hours(minus the first 20 minutes or so).

Someone mentioned that they felt that the "female empowerment" moment felt forced and it really was for me(if you think about it Captain Marvel coulda just flown straight up 1 million feet and came down next to the van, and what are the chances with that much chaos that such a thing would happen on the battlefield). TBH the whole keep the gauntlet away from Thanos bit at the end seemed a bit forced to showcase some of the next gen hero/movies that are on the horizon. The humor seemed really forced at times, for example: Hulk taking pictures(actually the whole BannerHulk seemed weird), Thor playing Fornite(though I admit i laughed at this, it reminded me of the Liam Neeson Clash of Clans commercial), Thor's character in general.

Though the positives far outweigh the negatives for me:

-We all talked before the movie about which character the movie would start out with and we were all wrong. When the first frame was a bow and arrow being drawn, I got goosebumps because it only took a split second to know what was about to happen. Kudos to the person putting the trailer together for not spoiling anything, but also for putting enough in the trailers to know instantly and get goosebumps
-The moment where Cap gets the hammer and goes toe to toe with Thanos was worth the price of admission, as was the "Avengers....Assemble" part.
-Same with the Tony Stark and "I am Iron Man"
-Rocket yelling BOOM at just the right moment and scaring Tony was a bit of comedy that was golden, as was the hammer bit between Thor and Cap
-The soul stone part was absolutely devastating and very well done

All and all the two movies together are epic. Will probably watch it again on IMAX Though I do have a few questions:

How does Cap return the Soul Stone? I know Chris Evan's is done as Cap but returning the stones would make a pretty dang good movie.
Is Falcon gonna get some super soldier serum? How is he gonna throw that shield more than 20 feet?
Does Disney/Marvel see a drop off after this? After all, they just saved half the intelligent life in the Universe(a case could be made for all intelligent life in the Universe), the hi-jinks of Spiderman seem a little anti-climatic after that.

They covered this in the movie. Remember the whole "they got it wrong in back to the Future" part?

In this version of time travel you do not change the past. Your time travel is a new timeline from that point on. The past is always the past

Fair enough, but didn’t Banner tell the Ancient One that once all of the stones are returned to their proper places, all of the multiple timelines that have cleaved off from the main/single timeline will vanish? So, Cap should not have been able to create an alternate timeline, and 2023 Nebula should not have existed, the way I understand it.

I don’t want to pick apart this movie because I absolutely loved every second of it. I’m just genuinely not understanding this part :).

My thoughts are very jumbled today and I'm also trying to work, so I apologize for the 20 posts.

I think I was more sad about black widow than Ironman.

Not sure if it's because I was 99% sure Ironman was going.

I feel like she had more to do.

I'm also very uneasy about Gamora. Guardians is my favorite marvel movie. I don't want the different timeline one to replace ours. I notice she wasn't at the funeral or on the ship at the end

Once *I* lost Black Widow I was done for. I expected to lose Ironman (these are my favorite two), but I did NOT expect to lose her. I already lost Gamora (the other favorite) in IW.

Time will tell, but at this moment I am wholly over Marvel.

Last edited:
Just saw the movie today - my BFF drove 3 hours so we could see it together! Here are my thoughts quick (and not very organized)
1. Omg wow! What a finale. I’m not ok with it being “over”
2. I wanted more okoye. I know this was supposed to be about the original, but I was hoping she’d become more part of the team, like Rocket
3. Omg Loki! While I did super want him the be the one to slap Thor back to reality, I was super happy with his small part - so perfect
4. I loved loved loved all the cameos! Part of my was secretly hoping we would somehow get a Yondu nod, but I know how far fetched that was
5. I was not prepared for Black Widow. Cried SO hard!
6. I was prepared for Tony - I still have a headache from crying so much
7. Didn’t care for Hulk - Valkyrie said it best - I like it better one way or the other
8. I really need Thor to stay with the Guardians. I go back and forth between GOTG2 and Ragnarok being my favorite so them together is the best of both worlds!
9. Nebula and Tony at the beginning was a friendship I didn’t know I needed
10. I need this soundtrack!

I could have written all but 2, 8 & 10, though don’t disagree.

I can’t atop crying about Nat and Tony.

When returning all the stone's to their proper times, I really thought Cap was going to disappear on that platform and Natasha was going to pop out. Cap sacrificed himself to bring Natasha back, but they went for a longer swan song.
Oh! I wanted this, too!!!!

Loved it! Perfect movie. Perfect ending. I honestly thought more characters would die. Lot 9f girl power happening at the end lol...good stuff.

Did anybody else think that elderly Cap looked a lot lile Joe Biden?? It was weird!

Fair enough, but didn’t Banner tell the Ancient One that once all of the stones are returned to their proper places, all of the multiple timelines that have cleaved off from the main/single timeline will vanish? So, Cap should not have been able to create an alternate timeline, and 2023 Nebula should not have existed, the way I understand it.

I don’t want to pick apart this movie because I absolutely loved every second of it. I’m just genuinely not understanding this part :).
Well, first of all, it's time travel. It doesn't exist (as far as we know) so there are no rules. They can do whatever they want

And second, we don't know how Cap got to his preferred timeline. He could have returned the stones and then had someone transport him, via time travel, to the period he wanted when he was done. That wouldn't create a new timeline, based on the theory that they presented, that cleaved off the original. It would have been a brand new baseline.

Why wouldn't 2023 Nebula exist? She's the one that came off the original timeline

2. She has a little Superman thing going on. Which is a big problem. At this point, she seems all powerful. No known weaknesses, I mean, she showed up and destroyed a huge battleship in 2 seconds. I hope when Thanos hit her with one of the individual stones during the end of the fight did something negative to her. Because all powerful superheroes are boring.

She is really OP right now and I have similar concerns. I also feel a little salty because shes taken the mantle of the "most powerful" character in the MCU away from Wanda. I love Elizabeth Olsen's (and the writers) take on Scarlet Witch who has these incredible abilities and at the same time is flawed. Wanda is still learning how to control her powers, emotions, and is still making/learning form her mistakes. I guess Carol has had years of training with the Kree before she discovered her true powers and has had years since then to refine them but I would have really liked to see that on film. It works better when we have several films to see the characters get fleshed out. It would be like introducing Thor with just having Ragnarok as the starting point.

Right, it's basically like the multi-verse as far as I understand it, so instead of the issue in most time travel movies if you go back and kill your father, etc. instead you're just creating a different reality unrelated to that one, though I feel like Back to the Future 2 also mentioned this.

Time travel theories can be quite mind-bending.

Yes, under the rules they set for time travel cap should not have just been on that bench because he created and alternate reality where he and Peggy were together. He could have shown back up on the pad as an old man but it doesn’t make sense for him to just be there on the bench.

Well, first of all, it's time travel. It doesn't exist (as far as we know) so there are no rules. They can do whatever they want

And second, we don't know how Cap got to his preferred timeline. He could have returned the stones and then had someone transport him, via time travel, to the period he wanted when he was done. That wouldn't create a new timeline, based on the theory that they presented, that cleaved off the original. It would have been a brand new baseline.

Why wouldn't 2023 Nebula exist? She's the one that came off the original timeline

So when 2014 Thanos leaves 2014 is there another Thanos who stays in 2014 and continues on (and ultimately succeeds) with his plan of getting all of the infinity stones and snapping away? Thats the only way this works right? Unless I am totally missing something here.

So when 2014 Thanos leaves 2014 is there another Thanos who stays in 2014 and continues on (and ultimately succeeds) with his plan of getting all of the infinity stones and snapping away? Thats the only way this works right? Unless I am totally missing something here.
Basically yes. The 2014 Thanos who goes to the future is running a parallel life/timeline.

Oh, oh, oh!!!!!!
My favorite moment of the entire movie, the all-female battle line up
Anyone else get chills from the female power moment, even short-lived as it was. I want a shirt with that image on it
Though DH hated they included Pepper

I sincerely appreciate your view. My wife hasn’t seen it yet so I haven’t been
Basically yes. The 2014 Thanos who goes to the future is running a parallel life/timeline.

So Endgame basically creates a multiverse? I’m fine with that but Old man Cap doesn’t make sense in that timeline then.

So Endgame basically creates a multiverse? I’m fine with that but Old man Cap doesn’t make sense in that timeline then.
Kind of yes. It was discussed earlier in this thread but Cap works sort of the same way. He runs a parallel timeline with his old self and his Cap self. They intersect at the end of Endgame.

Here's my question...the parallel 2014 Thanos is created when War Machine/Nebula go for the Power Stone and things go wrong. Steve, theoretically returns the Power Stone to the moment it was taken, and according to The Ancient One's visual display in her talk with Bruce, this alternate time line is supposed to disappear. So who is fighting the Avengers in 2023?

Here's my question...the parallel 2014 Thanos is created when War Machine/Nebula go for the Power Stone and things go wrong. Steve, theoretically returns the Power Stone to the moment it was taken, and according to The Ancient One's visual display in her talk with Bruce, this alternate time line is supposed to disappear. So who is fighting the Avengers in 2023?
I honestly don’t know all the specifics. There are several videos out there now that help explain these things. I’ve watched a few to help myself understand.

I honestly don’t know all the specifics. There are several videos out there now that help explain these things. I’ve watched a few to help myself understand.
This is why I wasn't thrilled when I heard they were time travelling. Things just get way to complicated and theres no easy way to really explain a lot of these events other than its just a movies so just sit back and suspend disbelief. I mean if 2014 Thanos time jumps, and dies in 2023 but still leaves behind another alternate Thanos to go along with what had been depicted by all the other films I would think everyone who makes the time jump would have someone (a alternate copy of themselves?) stay behind when they were time jumping. I'm probably overthinking it....and now that the Fox/Disney deal is done I'll wait for Deadpool to come back and clean up the timeline ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter