• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Breast Feeding Support Thread for WDW Parks

jkstewart1800

DIS Veteran
international+breastfeeding+symbol.gif

This is NOT a place to debate breastfeeding in public, but a safe place where we can share our stories, tips and pictures of breastfeeding at Walt Disney World. :grouphug:

So post a picture, share a story, give advice about 'best locations' :idea: or favorite shirts/bras :rolleyes: ........

Let's create a wonderful community here of breastfeeding Disers!

Wonderful website called the Florida Breastfeeding Coalition
http://www.flbreastfeeding.org/

Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Florida:Section 1. The breastfeeding of a baby is an important and basic act of nurture which must be encouraged in the interests of maternal and child health and family values. A mother may breastfeed her baby in any location, public or private, where the mother is otherwise authorized to be, irrespective of whether or not the nipple of the mother’s breast is covered during or incidental to the breastfeeding.

What a nice thread idea! I'm past my BF days, but we took DS on a few trips while he was still nursing. I found some of the best spots to nurse were in cool, dark shows like Carousel of progress, American Adventure, and Hall of Presidents! It was better than trying to nurse outside where it was hot and sticky! I liked the Baby Care Centers, too, but they weren't always convenient. I kind of wish they had two locations per park for those. I ca't wait to hear more great BF stories and ideas!

I too am beyond my breastfeeding days. My boys are 6 and 3. But I am a breastfeeding advocate and found that the topic of breasfeeding came up a lot on other threads, but there was no centralized 'safe' place for people to come together and share.

Another great idea would be for people to share their FUNNY WDW BF stories.....!

YAY for the Breastfeeding thread!!! I am another who is past that stage, but I think that it is awesome to have this here!!:thumbsup2 I don't have any pics of me bf at WDW but I have some of me and my youngest at home, if I find any I will post them!!

Great idea. Baby number 2 is due in July and we will be taking him to DW in October and I fully intend on BF him there so any tips would be most welcome.

:)This makes me smile. My upcoming trip will probably be the first that I haven't nursed on. Just two places come to mind.

The Laugh Floor - nice and dark theater, until they shine the light on you. I had just finished and covered up, but kept wondering what might be hanging out.

Buzz Lightyear - they deleted our picture. We wouldn't buy it anyway, but spent some time looking for it.

I have never breastfed at Disney but will get my first chance this December (with our 3rd baby)! I have breastfed my other 2 so I don't think the third will be a big deal.

I remember the first time I nursed in public with my first child, my husband caused a big scene running in circles around me while I nursed making sure nothing was showing. People where so distracted by what he was doing they didn't even noticed me! :laughing: (Thankfully he quickly calmed down)

It also makes me laugh to think about all the cover ups I HAD to have. Some of them looked like I had a curtain rod and curtain around my neck. People would stare - not because I was breast feeding, but because they where trying to figure out what I had on! :rotfl: (by the time my 2nd was weaned I was only using a receiving blanket)

I can't wait to hear all the other breast feeding stories and Disney tips!

Great idea!!! I am pregnant with our second child, due in August and we are planning a family trip to WDW in January and I will be nursing DS. DD is almost 3 and we traveled with her when she was 6 months and I nursed everywhere. It was November so it was cool enough to just sit on the benches......so looking forward to nursing another little one soon :)

Tips on breastfeeding at Disney - after having my second, I wore nursing shirts all of the time. For me it was so much easier then having to pull my shirt up or down and having my tummy or chest exposed.

As for where, pretty much anywhere, but I prefer the slow rides and the theaters.

We're going in June w/our 2 month old-can't wait to read more on here and I'll be sure to post whenwe get back!:thumbsup2

DS is almost 15 months but is still nursing about three times a day. I'm subbing to this thread because if he is still nursing in September it will be nice to hear pointers and experiences of from people who have been there done that at WDW.

:)This makes me smile. My upcoming trip will probably be the first that I haven't nursed on. Just two places come to mind.

The Laugh Floor - nice and dark theater, until they shine the light on you. I had just finished and covered up, but kept wondering what might be hanging out.

Buzz Lightyear - they deleted our picture. We wouldn't buy it anyway, but spent some time looking for it.

So, I will make a note of the spot light at The Laugh Floor! That is so funny!

I have heard of pictures being deleted because of vulgar gestures or PDA - I guess they thought you where being sneaking and trying a new way to flash the camera. :scared1:

Yay for BFing support!
We had a lovely hour this spring on the MK train circling the park while DD nursed and napped. I find that anything where people face forward/the same direction and has a focal interests works great. Things with 3D glasses are even better! Country Bear Jamboree, Muppets, Carousel of Progress, Great Movie ride and such have all been favorites.
I did tuck her under a pasmina while standing in line in the Judges Tent after a threat of meltdown. She was a heavy haul by the end!

See? Those movie reels they play suck everyone in. No one gave me a second glance :) I do second wearing a nursing tank under your regular shirt. It's so much easier with you have no peekaboo skin!
IMG_2361.jpg

Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Florida:
Section 1. The breastfeeding of a baby is an important and basic act of nurture which must be encouraged in the interests of maternal and child health and family values. A mother may breastfeed her baby in any location, public or private, where the mother is otherwise authorized to be, irrespective of whether or not the nipple of the mother’s breast is covered during or incidental to the breastfeeding.

Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Florida:
Section 1. The breastfeeding of a baby is an important and basic act of nurture which must be encouraged in the interests of maternal and child health and family values. A mother may breastfeed her baby in any location, public or private, where the mother is otherwise authorized to be, irrespective of whether or not the nipple of the mother’s breast is covered during or incidental to the breastfeeding.

What a great law!

I never had to pump at WDW. Every trip I took my DS was with me, so no need to pump!
I think if I had to pump in the parsk, I'd head to the baby care center for sure. Nursing in public, no problem. Pumping in public? No thanks! ;)

I was lucky enough to get to hear Amy Spangler talk at a breastfeeding conference. She talked about going to a park one day and saw a woman sitting back away from everyone else on a picnic table nursing her baby. She wanted to tell her how proud she was of her nursing her baby in public and not to hide from everyone. As she walked up to her she could tell the woman was getting defensive, scared Amy was going to belittle her for nursing in public. After Amy talked to her telling her how proud she was for doing the best thing for her baby the woman relaxed and became more comfortable with it. Challange for those of you who aren't as shy as me: If you see a woman nursing in public... do what Amy did. Especially if she's trying to "hide" somewhere. I love seeing breastfeeding moms, it makes me miss nursing my kids.:thumbsup2

I will admit I had a few nasty looks at the 'world' but as my DH took my other 2 boys on rides I would sit on a bench and nurse. He was only 2 mths at the time and was eating every 2-3 hrs. It was nice to because I always had an excuse to sit and not wait in the line ups!!LOL

I nursed pretty much everywhere, even in the middle of Fantasy land while waiting for everyone to ride Dumbo! Never once did I have someone say something. I did find I had problems trying to nurse on rides, but the shows were great. Playhouse Disney was great I sat on a bench at the back in total darkness and nursed and started to fall asleep myself!!OPPS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter