• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

This will be my first time seeing the Candlelight Processional and I want to make sure I plan everything just right! Can anyone tell me how the timing works for the dining packages and the shows? I mean-- if I reserve a dinner around 5-5:30pm, will I be able to get tickets to the last show of the evening? Or alternatively, if I want to see the first show of the evening, do I need to book a breakfast or lunch? Or can I book a late dinner?
Thanks!

With a 5:00-5:30 dinner, the only show you'll get into is the very last one. You cannot eat AFTER the show with a CP pkg; the meal has to be before the show. So if you want the first show, you will have to do breakfast or lunch. The middle show is doable with a 3-4:30ish ADR.

It's been 10 years since I've been to Disney at Christmas and did the dining package so I'm a little foggy, but I was thinking the restaurants have a set menu you select from for the CP dining package. Is that correct or am I not remembering correctly?

No set menu. You get an app, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink from the menu.

With a 5:00-5:30 dinner, the only show you'll get into is the very last one. You cannot eat AFTER the show with a CP pkg; the meal has to be before the show. So if you want the first show, you will have to do breakfast or lunch. The middle show is doable with a 3-4:30ish ADR.

No set menu. You get an app, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink from the menu.

That's precisely what I needed to know. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Awesome! Thank you!

Anyone been to Via Napoli with the CP package? I have heard they can be difficult when it comes to the dining plan options. We are not on the dining plan, but wondering if they are also difficult with this? Is it a full menu or limited choices?

Via Napoli is usually "difficult" with the dining plan because it is basically the only restaurant that will not allow two or more persons to share one dining credit.

If you're on a package, you won't be sharing either.

Package ordering would be limited to individual pizzas, there won't be an option to share a larger pizza.

If that doesn't bother you, it is one of the best deals on the package, at least for lunch.

Does Biergarten have holiday themed music during the holidays? That's where I am considering booking

Yes. that's if you want pizza. Anything off the menu is eligible for package entree but if you want a pizza it must be an individual pizza on the package. You won't be able to share the package with someone else (unless it is a child under age 3). That's true at all the restaurants that have packages, not just VN.

Does Biergarten have holiday themed music during the holidays?

Yes.

It's my understanding that ap holders have to call tomorrow, online booking won't be available until Wednesday.

Do you think it’s worth it to add an extra day to book a CP package? Originally planned on a quick two day/one night trip to do MVMCP, but love Christmas and Epcot so I’m wondering if it’s worth the money for an extra ticket day and extra hotel night? Would probably add $400 or so total for us, which I don’t mind if it’s a must-see. We’ve never been to Disney during Christmas.
My wife and I are doing a long weekend in December for the "full on" Christmas season at WDW. We rented DVC points for BLT and will do MVMCP on Friday night..........Epcot Candlelight Processional on Saturday..........and Resort hopping on Sunday before our flight home to NJ. Very quick but as you say.......we've never really done Christmas at Disney. We've been there during the last days of F&W........decorations up but the feel isn't there. We did a Disapalooza trip in Dec but that was really all about Universal. We've also done that first week of January.........stuff is up........but :oops: This trip will be smack in the middle 14th to 16th. No suitcases........Spirit airlines o_O............its on baby........its on :D

Doug :goofy:

so, someone mentioned "sharing a meal" at some CP restaurants.... We will not be on a plan this time around, and I figured that since they give a reserved area pass for those doing the CP Dining, they probably wouldn't allow sharing....

Or would they? Some of those meals are pretty HUGE with enough for two people...do they allow two people to share a meal for the CP dining package out of pocket?

so, someone mentioned "sharing a meal" at some CP restaurants.... We will not be on a plan this time around, and I figured that since they give a reserved area pass for those doing the CP Dining, they probably wouldn't allow sharing....

Or would they? Some of those meals are pretty HUGE with enough for two people...do they allow two people to share a meal for the CP dining package out of pocket?

You have to pay for a package for everyone. I guess you could not order but you'd still have to pay or you'd only get the reserved seating for the ones who did pay.

You can't share a meal on a package. Everyone who will be using the package will be charged individually for their own package.

I'm guessing you could tell them you only want one meal, but if two people shared it you'd still be charged for two. At any rate paying for only one meal would get you only one guaranteed admittance to the CP.

The exception would be children under 3 years old. It's not required to buy a package for them and they can share a meal with their party.

I know booking begins this Wednesday, but has any information been given as to the exact prices for each restaurant?

Also, has there ever been a time that the CP was cancelled for any reason? We want to book Gary Sinese, but the best plan for us would be to go the last show the last night he is there. I wouldn't want to miss him if something happened and it was cancelled.

I have never heard of CP being cancelled. the only time I would imagine it would happen would be due to extremely inclement weather that involved lightning and/or high winds.

If the narrator isn't able to appear for some reason, they'll get a substitute narrator. The first time I went to the CP the narrator (don't remember who it was) couldn't make it and they got Robert Urich (RIP) to sub. He was good.

You have to pay for a package for everyone. I guess you could not order but you'd still have to pay or you'd only get the reserved seating for the ones who did pay.

Maybe - but you would only get 1 ticket for the Candlelight Processional, not 2.

You can't share a meal on a package. Everyone who will be using the package will be charged individually for their own package.

I'm guessing you could tell them you only want one meal, but if two people shared it you'd still be charged for two. At any rate paying for only one meal would get you only one guaranteed admittance to the CP.

The exception would be children under 3 years old. It's not required to buy a package for them and they can share a meal with their party.

thank you all for clarifying this. That is the way that I assumed it would work, but someone did mention sharing and I thought I would just have it clarified.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter