***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

I called the AP number at 12:40pm, really had no wait at all--just the usual pre-call information, then a live person to transfer me to dining person. Spent 15 minutes on the phone with her. I was hoping to get Teppan Edo for lunch on 11/23 with a 6:45 or 8:15 CP package. Lunch at Teppan Edo was only with the 5PM show. I asked the price for dinner...$78.81. I don't really want to pay that much. I asked if there were any 'lunch' restaurants with the later shows--Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Akershus ($77), Garden Grill, and Rose and Crown. I went with Rose and Crown at 12:10PM (8:15 CP show) for $63.90 (including tax).

Not really happy with it, but I didn't want to keep bothering the cast member (she was very nice, but I didn't want to keep bugging her!) I would prefer to book online or at least have all the prices ahead of time! We'll see, I might end up changing it once the online booking comes up!
How did you get a live person on the AP line? I just keeping getting transferred to the dining line by the automated prompts.

Last edited:

Can't convert. It is all separate bookings. But fingers crossed you get what you want. I think they loaded limited slots today and more will show up tomorrow.

How are you getting a live person on AP line, I keep getting transferred to the dining line by computer

How did you get a live person on the AP line? I just keeping getting transferred to the dining line by the automated prompts.
In the robo-questions, I answered that I wanted to book a Candlelight Processional Package...so it said, 'package!' and it put me through to an AP rep...probably thinking I wanted to book a room package, lol. The AP rep transferred me to dining.

I am glad someone provided the tip about calling DVC to book reservations. Got through in under 15 minutes. Unfortunately for the woman helping me she wasn't provided any details on pricing or which shows were tied to the lunch and dinner packages. She had to reserve specific times to gather the details and share with me. Fortunately I was only looking at one restaurant on 12/9 so it did not take long. Can't imagine the effort if I was not sure which place I wanted to book. Now that we are booked I just have to hope for nice weather that day.

CM was very polite and helpful when I called. She asked what date, show time and then meal place and time that I wanted. Only thing I had to compromise were the meal times, but they were within an hour of what I wanted.

12/9 Chef de France 5:10 dinner, 8:15 show
12/12 San Angel Inn 1:40 lunch, 5:00 show

It's the regular menu. Choose one appetizer, one entree or individual pizza, one dessert, and one non-alcoholic beverage per person. Kids 3-9 order from the kids menu.

They MIGHT charge for extra toppings if you want the individual custom pizza or if you want to add extra toppings to a pizza on the menu.

Th
I was able to get my package booked today and I’m not an AP holder. I called the regular dining and asked to book the CPDP. I never mentioned an AP and she didn’t ask me

I was asked first time I called and gave them my number but the not second. I asked about it and she said if you are not asked you should know it’s for AP holders and it would be an honors system.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

I'm new to the Candlelight Processional, so I have a few questions. Do I need to book the tickets ASAP? Do they do the Holiday D-Lights Tour every year (which includes the candlelight processional and would prefer over just the tickets), and do I need to book that ASAP as well or does it have a booking opening date (i.e. I can call on or after a certain date)?

I don't know if you have been answered yet.
The Holiday D-Lights Tour is on the WDW site, so it looks like they will do it again this year.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/holiday-d-lights/
Did you know it is $297.14 per person? It does cover several activities in the 6 hours. It starts at 3:45PM, and will conclude after Illuminations.
Your group will be eating together as a group at a big table at Whispering Canyon Cafe, so you don't have to (or get to) pick a restaurant. It is not available every night, just offered on "select dates" in Nov & Dec. It would probably be good to go ahead and call and find out what you need to know so you can plan around it, though they may not have firmed up the dates yet they will offer it this year. It is expensive, but also covers a lot of "HOliday Delights", haha.

Called at 12pm est (9am pacific for me) and waited 45 minutes :crazy2: my CM was very nice, got a 5:00pm dinner at Ale & Compass on December 5th with an 8:15 show :) just what I wanted.

I’m just happy to have my dates all set so that I can plan now

Th

I was asked first time I called and gave them my number but the not second. I asked about it and she said if you are not asked you should know it’s for AP holders and it would be an honors system.
[/QUOTE]
Well they should know more than me, lol. I was on the phone modifying my package reservations and after she was done, she asked if there was anything else she could reserve for me, I said I still needed the Candlelight package, and she transferred me to Dining. The CM there had all my info, and she said she’d be happy to book it. For all I know, they opened it up to all.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what is included with Via Napoli lunch package as far as food please?
an app, entree, dessert and non specialty/alcoholic drink...guessing a pizza can be ordered for more than one person but not sure how that works

I was able to get my package booked today and I’m not an AP holder. I called the regular dining and asked to book the CPDP. I never mentioned an AP and she didn’t ask me
They didn't ask me for my credentials but I knew today was the early preview for AP holders
I am an AP holder, which is why I called today and not tomorrow.

I used the DVC line this morning. I was on hold for over 30 minutes. The total call was 42 minutes. I got a 4:40 dinner reservation for Chef de France and a 8:15 show on Dec. 24. I forgot to ask how much it was for dinner, and I am not calling back! Does anyone know what Chef de France dinner costs?

I got a 4:30 time for the same day...but I was on hold for a total of over 2 hours and a few minutes (see below) :worried:. I had hoped for a slightly later time...oh well.

51 min and disconnected. I’m going to cry.

Same...got disconnected at 52 minutes and thought I was gonna lose my mind! I had already waited 35 minutes first thing this morning, only to find out the packages weren't loaded yet...plus spent half my morning checking this board and the website to see if they were loaded yet. Called again immediately after being hung up on and was on hold for another 56 minutes before my call was answered.

I noticed they didn't ask me either, but I assumed it was because they could see from MDE that I was an AP. Also my CM unfortunately wasn't super friendly or knowledgeable and kept forgetting to tell me things (and then would interrupt himself), so I figured that alternatively he forgot to ask that I was an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter