OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

What an awful way to come home! Glad you had a good trip at least.

Sorry to hear about your house...hope they catch who did it!!!

Thanks for being part of the thread. Happy to hear your trip was great. Sorry about the break in though:(

Glad you had a great time at DL but that stinks about the break in :sad1:

Thanks for the support messages, means a lot. It’s been a horrible week but the insurance have paid out already and they have been fantastic.

We are off to Disneyland Paris tomorrow for the holidays, very excited to be on our second Main Street within 2 weeks of each other in 2 different countries!

Have a fantastic holiday season everyone!

Hi everyone. Day 2 in the parks and the weather and the crowds are better than yesterday. Longest wait time is 70 min for Indy in DL. I am waiting for the parade right now. World of Color dessert party was worth every penny. RBT Fantasmic Premium seating tonight. So much fun. Merry Christmas everyone!0

Hi everyone. Day 2 in the parks and the weather and the crowds are better than yesterday. Longest wait time is 70 min for Indy in DL. I am waiting for the parade right now. World of Color dessert party was worth every penny. RBT Fantasmic Premium seating tonight. So much fun. Merry Christmas everyone!0
Glad you enjoyed WOC dessert party! We go on Thursday next week. Were the desserts holiday themed like they have been in the past? I hear the gingerbread man is yummy! Cannot wait to hear about RBT, we are doing this as well. Enjoy!

I am singing a song right now...."Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya Tomorrow your only a day a way..." We leave bright and early tomorrow morning, unfortunately I have to work today, but only until 12:30pm then I will finally be in VACATION MODE!!!! Hope everyone has a a Happy and safe Christmas and New Years!!!! :santa:

I'm sure this has been asked a dozen times, but...

After the first showing of F!, does it snow over NOS during the fireworks show?

We have BB package booked for the first show, and I'm hoping to knock that and the experience of Believe in one shot.

TIA

Today, today we leave TODAY!!!! We have an afternoon flight so will be in So Cal for dinner time, woohoo!!!!

Pretty much all packed, we're off to take the dog to the kennel soon. I told dh we should leave lots of time for parking (pre booked) security and customs at the airport! Wheeee!!!!!! Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!! To those leaving in the next day or two I'll be wearing my 60th anniversary ears bwahahaha needle in a Disney haystack :rotfl::cheer2::smickey::mickeyjum

I'm sure this has been asked a dozen times, but...

After the first showing of F!, does it snow over NOS during the fireworks show?

We have BB package booked for the first show, and I'm hoping to knock that and the experience of Believe in one shot.

TIA
I don’t know the answer to your question but we are also doing the B.B. for first showing hoping to catch fireworks from our spot..

Merry Christmas Everyone!

We just returned from our trip to Disneyland and San Diego. We were in the parks Saturday, Sunday, & part of Monday, the 16th, 17th, & 18th. It's was a great trip, so magical. We were able to surprise our kiddos as well. They did not find out until we were on our way Friday. This was our first trip during Christmas and I loved it.

The crowds were not bad at all Saturday and Sunday. Monday did seem to have a lot more people. We used maxpass which was great. We rode everything we wanted to, some 2 & 3 times. Longest we waited for any ride was 15 minutes including PP. I would recommend maxpass if you can swing it. We even rode RSR as single rider and the wait was only 7 minutes on Monday.

Loved the Christmas music in the parks and the garlund was gorgeous! The castle lighting each night was magical as well.

I hope everyone enjoys your vacation and take in all the magic. We miss it already. :tink:

Merry Christmas everybody! I'm new here, haven't thought about going to DLR until maybe today. We are going to Los Angeles next week (1/1-1/5) and talked to my SIL about the possibility of Disneyland. She lives in So Cal and has never taken her 11y.o. daughter. I would love to take my niece on her first DLR trip, but in looking at the calendar, it would probably be on Wednesday 1/3/18. Wednesday because in the past when I used to ask the CMs what is the best day/ least busy day at the parks, they always said Wednesday. I know it will be crowded, but do you think it's a "do-able" crowded or a horrible kind of crowded? Many years ago we went to DLR on the Monday of Thanksgiving week. It was a horrible kind of crowded. So we don't want to do that. Might just drive down and check out DT Disney just to get the feel of it if it's going to be that crazy. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!!!

Merry Christmas everybody! I'm new here, haven't thought about going to DLR until maybe today. We are going to Los Angeles next week (1/1-1/5) and talked to my SIL about the possibility of Disneyland. She lives in So Cal and has never taken her 11y.o. daughter. I would love to take my niece on her first DLR trip, but in looking at the calendar, it would probably be on Wednesday 1/3/18. Wednesday because in the past when I used to ask the CMs what is the best day/ least busy day at the parks, they always said Wednesday. I know it will be crowded, but do you think it's a "do-able" crowded or a horrible kind of crowded? Many years ago we went to DLR on the Monday of Thanksgiving week. It was a horrible kind of crowded. So we don't want to do that. Might just drive down and check out DT Disney just to get the feel of it if it's going to be that crazy. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!!!

I can't really comment on the reality of it as I have never been that time of year, however, as a local resident a lot of the schools are out that entire week (NorCal too from speaking with my friends up in the SF Bay Area). So I would expect crowds. On the flip side the two lowest levels of passes will still be blocked out that day (although it's the first day Deluxe AP can get back in after being blocked for the holidays).

I can't really comment on the reality of it as I have never been that time of year, however, as a local resident a lot of the schools are out that entire week (NorCal too from speaking with my friends up in the SF Bay Area). So I would expect crowds. On the flip side the two lowest levels of passes will still be blocked out that day (although it's the first day Deluxe AP can get back in after being blocked for the holidays).
I am not sure how everybody's school break has been set up. Here in our part of San Antonio, TX we are out until 1/8, but both neighboring school districts go back 1/5. I heard LAUSD is out same as us... I am glad our break wound up like this. We got out on Friday afternoon but it seems to be longer by not breaking up the week and just going back on a Monday.
Do you think DT Disney would be very crowded if the parks are crowded? In the past several years we have been to WDW more than DLR so I have lost touch w/ how it gets there.

I’ve never been during this time period as well, but i would just plan for it to be crowded. I know people who have gone right after New Years and they said they had a blast, but did have big crowds. I would look into Maxpass, it could help get through many rides. Have a game plan on what you will do as well. Are you only going on the Wednesday?

I’ve never been during this time period as well, but i would just plan for it to be crowded. I know people who have gone right after New Years and they said they had a blast, but did have big crowds. I would look into Maxpass, it could help get through many rides. Have a game plan on what you will do as well. Are you only going on the Wednesday?
Yes we would just be going for the day. I see they are open 8a-12a. So I would want to get there as close to 8a as possible and fit in whatever we can, and probably leave way before midnight. I saw that Maxpass thing, it's new to me. I would spring for it. That day it's $124 + the $10 for the Maxpass. Since we haven't been to DLR in a while, I wouldn't mind just paying. My SIL has a problem w/ crowded places, but I am the Disneyland pro so I would just make all the plans and direct everything (as usual), and she would just go along w/ the plan.

Yes we would just be going for the day. I see they are open 8a-12a. So I would want to get there as close to 8a as possible and fit in whatever we can, and probably leave way before midnight. I saw that Maxpass thing, it's new to me. I would spring for it. That day it's $124 + the $10 for the Maxpass. Since we haven't been to DLR in a while, I wouldn't mind just paying. My SIL has a problem w/ crowded places, but I am the Disneyland pro so I would just make all the plans and direct everything (as usual), and she would just go along w/ the plan.
Yes, so I would get there as close as possible to opening, like at rope drop. I say this because as soon as you get your admission ticket scanned, you can begin booking max pass through your phone, even if the park hasn't officially opened. The only area that could be difficult to navigate is if magic hour is happening on your day. That can create some lines prior to the park opening. BUT, I do think maxpass can still help with getting through the rides. I watched a tutorial on youtube on how to work it since I had read that many people have maxpass but are clueless to how it works. I think even with the crowds, you can still get a good amount of things done. I am assuming your niece will want to do a lot of the popular rides, so I would get those done first because they run out of fast passes.

I get to WDW usually 1 time a year for 3-4 days. I have not been to Cadv for about 20 years or so (Soaring California was new then and was not in Florida). I may be on the left coast and can visit for 1 day but it would be NYE. How crazy would it be there? Is there alot in Cadv that is different from the multiple parks in WDW. (Would love to do DLR at some point but no time now)

Yes, so I would get there as close as possible to opening, like at rope drop. I say this because as soon as you get your admission ticket scanned, you can begin booking max pass through your phone, even if the park hasn't officially opened. The only area that could be difficult to navigate is if magic hour is happening on your day. That can create some lines prior to the park opening. BUT, I do think maxpass can still help with getting through the rides. I watched a tutorial on youtube on how to work it since I had read that many people have maxpass but are clueless to how it works. I think even with the crowds, you can still get a good amount of things done. I am assuming your niece will want to do a lot of the popular rides, so I would get those done first because they run out of fast passes.
Thanks for the good info, especially the YouTube tutorial bit. I used to know how to do Fastpasses but this MaxPass thing is new to me. I will check that out tomorrow!

Well I was pleasantly surprised yesterday. Didn't see any alerts for capacity closures and I arrived late in the afternoon. Crowds were not nearly as bad as I anticipated.

Mostly took it easy since I'm down here for awhile, but there were still FPs available on MP (likely due to people cancelling them) including GotG so I could have ridden quite a bit considering the time I actually arrived.

No fireworks last night. But always love the "snow" <3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter