*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

The December 2015 hours were released on May 11, 2015. By that measure, the December 2016 hours should be released by now.

Hello all! We are taking advantage of FD and I'm checking something off of my Bucket List-WDW at Christmas! We will be staying at CBR(first time there) Dec. 17-Dec.25. I can't wait! So tell me, we always go in the fall and attend MNSSHP. Is MVMCP worth it?

So we are trying to decide which party to go during our trip. We will be there Dec 17-25. Should we go the 18th which is a Sunday and locals could increase the crowds or the 22nd which is the last party. Thought?

TIA,
Noelle
We will be there the same dates, and I'm wondering the same thing! So glad you asked!

Add us also! We are going Dec 3 - 10.

What is "Pop Warner" that I keep reading about? Is this going to increase our crowds for our trip?

What is "Pop Warner" that I keep reading about? Is this going to increase our crowds for our trip?

Pop Warner is a national youth football organization. In December each year, is the annual national playoffs at Disney. There are also youth cheer and dance team competitions as well.

It may seem more crowded at the value resorts (and the cheerleaders may break out into random cheers and chants on the buses) but you will not really notice them in the parks except for maybe 1 day during their week.

Pop Warner is a national youth football organization. In December each year, is the annual national playoffs at Disney. There are also youth cheer and dance team competitions as well.

It may seem more crowded at the value resorts (and the cheerleaders may break out into random cheers and chants on the buses) but you will not really notice them in the parks except for maybe 1 day during their week.

thank you for the reply.

I can handle a few cheers and chants!

I haven't been there for pop Warner, but I was at AsSports during a cheer and dance comp week and they kind of took over pool/food court at times and were a little loud at night. It wasn't awful, but I've heard pop Warner horror stories from ppl staying at All Stars with them. I hear parks and such should be fine. I just saw opportunity to switch to a resort where they're less likely to stay instead of one where they will definitely stay and took it. Might be totally unnecessary switch, but AOA is so fun looking too.

Our Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets came yesterday :dogdance::dogdance::santa::santa::dogdance::dogdance:

I'll come back to update the list in a day or two...last few days of school to power through, event after event. Next week...FREEDOM. Three weeks from now...Disneyland!! 213 days from now...DISNEY CHRISTMAS!

Awesome! I'm waiting to figure out my ADRs before I book my Christmas tickets. Just booked my airfare and the trip is starting to feel real! We added an extra day because it was cheaper to fly home a day later and pay for an extra night. Plus I think it will work better with the planning. Woohoo!

We're going in December as well - the 24th - 29th. We've been multiple times in spring/summer but never at Christmas.

One question - since we're getting there relatively 'late' during the holiday season, will we have trouble getting ADR's? My concern is that those who are getting there earlier will have booked their "+10", leaving nothing/minimal available. My DH thinks I always see half-full; I think I'm probably pretty realistic. Thoughts from the experts? :)

We're going in December as well - the 24th - 29th. We've been multiple times in spring/summer but never at Christmas.

One question - since we're getting there relatively 'late' during the holiday season, will we have trouble getting ADR's? My concern is that those who are getting there earlier will have booked their "+10", leaving nothing/minimal available. My DH thinks I always see half-full; I think I'm probably pretty realistic. Thoughts from the experts? :)
I'm not an expert by any means, but in my opinion, the only ADRs that are difficult to get are BOG, CRT and to some degree Ohana. I'm haven't been very interested in booking pre-park-opening breakfasts so some of those may be tough also. You might have to be flexible by an hour or two in each direction of your "perfect" time.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of planning for a December 2017 trip... yes, i know... long way away. I'm new to this... plus the wife doesn't want to go until the kids are out of diapers.
I'm looking at a ton of free airline mile deals just for signing up for certain credit cards.... some of these might even give full reward travel to a family of four to orlando in December.
Most of them have a certain spending requirement within the first 3 months of sign up. And if i'm going to be spending money anyway, why not just use it toward getting a free flight somewhere??
Has anyone done these credit card reward miles sign ups? I can't see any drawback.
Thanks!

I'm in the process of planning for a December 2017 trip... yes, i know... long way away. I'm new to this... plus the wife doesn't want to go until the kids are out of diapers.
I'm looking at a ton of free airline mile deals just for signing up for certain credit cards.... some of these might even give full reward travel to a family of four to orlando in December.
Most of them have a certain spending requirement within the first 3 months of sign up. And if i'm going to be spending money anyway, why not just use it toward getting a free flight somewhere??
Has anyone done these credit card reward miles sign ups? I can't see any drawback.
Thanks!
Some airline miles deals have expiration dates. So you'll have to read the fine print to make sure you can use them when Dec. of '17 finally rolls around

I was I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm trying to plan out our meals and was wondering about peoples favorite breakfast places. This will be my first time at Disney and I really have no idea where to go! Thanks in advance!!!!
For some reason, my kids really look forward to the hotel's food court for breakfast (doesn't matter which hotel). They get so excited to eat there and love to look and pick out what they want. I think it has become a tradition for them now that they look forward to. We are going to eat at Garden Grill this year for breakfast - looks good and they have fun characters. I told them we could eat early and get on rides sooner if we ate in the park,,,but they really want their hotel breakfast! I also like not have to rush anywhere for a set breakfast time.

Some airline miles deals have expiration dates. So you'll have to read the fine print to make sure you can use them when Dec. of '17 finally rolls around
Thanks! i'm planning on applying for the cards next year. i'm assuming there will be the same or better deals next year. But many cards give you 50k miles be signing up and spending less than 3000 in the first 3 months. I take that as a win, especially when i can book flights now for 4 to and from Orlando for less than 50k miles. Just shift my spending to that credit card for 3 months. Just have to be vigilant about paying off immediately.

I'm not an expert by any means, but in my opinion, the only ADRs that are difficult to get are BOG, CRT and to some degree Ohana. I'm haven't been very interested in booking pre-park-opening breakfasts so some of those may be tough also. You might have to be flexible by an hour or two in each direction of your "perfect" time.

Thanks - we have it down for 'regular' trips, and thankfully don't want any of the three you mentioned. More concerned that others will be able to reserve in the days before us and there won't be anything left - but we'll see :)

I was I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm trying to plan out our meals and was wondering about peoples favorite breakfast places. This will be my first time at Disney and I really have no idea where to go! Thanks in advance!!!!

We have done character breakfasts at Garden Grill, Tusker House, and Crystal Palace. We enjoyed them all. Probably Tusker H and Crystal P a bit more for the buffet aspect. Garden Grill had limited options, but still good character interaction. Other than character breakfasts, we have only eaten breakfast at the hotel food court or we just grab something quick.

We would like to be added
Will be there dec. 5 - 10 at pop

Definitely made that decision before we knew about the cheerleading and football competition but have decided to stick with it regardless just going to pack some earplugs I suppose lol Too excited to let it even matter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter