*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Maybe you could pick and choose a few that you think they'd be more interested in? HERE is the link to Disney Tourist Blog with a breakdown of each country's storyteller. Norway, Italy, and China are the ones they recommend, and the ones that are my priorities, but we'll try to see as many as we can over the week.

I agree. We love taking the time to here the story tellers. And the story tellers are REALLY GOOD. They grab the attention of kids and grown-ups alike. And they make it semi-interactive. La Befana and the Daruma seller, are my existing favorites. But I really miss the 3 Kings in Mexico and the Monkey King in China.

Not part of the story tellers, but just as moving is Joyful!. The gospel performance at the fountain. Really good whether you are passing by or budget time for it. Either way, it will suck you in.

Wondering what everyone thinks after hearing that the Main Street Electrical Parade will be ending October 9th at Magic Kingdom. I am so disappointed as I have been saving for this our first Disney trip for years and we will miss it now. I also had the Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package for Tony's that I was so excited to get and now will be useless. My travel agent said the parade will probably not be replaced due to time constraints and money problems for Disney. She also said she heard that the Tony's dining packages will be cancelled with no other option given. I had scheduled to be at Magic Kingdom on 2 predicted very high attendance days in order to see the parade and Wishes when there was not a Xmas party taking place and now I am wondering if it is worth it but is late now to change my schedule due to already having made ADRs. Just wondering others thoughts or if you have heard anything?

I was assuming that they would replace it with something but that's purely my assumption with nothing to back it up with. That stinks that you had dining package booked and they might just cancel it. Can you keep your schedule and ADRS as is and just do the Christmas party? I'm not sure how much the dining package at Tony's was but maybe tickets to MVMCP isn't that much more. Then you can see the Christmas parade at least.

Maybe you could pick and choose a few that you think they'd be more interested in? HERE is the link to Disney Tourist Blog with a breakdown of each country's storyteller. Norway, Italy, and China are the ones they recommend, and the ones that are my priorities, but we'll try to see as many as we can over the week.

The first time we tried to see MSEP was August 2014, we got trapped on the bridge on the Tomorrowland side of the castle coming from Fantasyland. Like, TRAPPED. We could not move at all. There was a lady with a stroller who kept ramming into anyone who tried to squish through and keep walking to get to Tomorrowland or the hub. She would scream, "There is a CHILD in this STROLLER and you are CRUSHING HIIIM!" if anyone came close. It was a nightmare!! I had to laugh the whole time because it was just so ridiculous.

But please don't take that experience as a parade norm, this was an extreme case!

A good spot is the train station and main street for parade viewing, if you can get there early and get a spot. Then it's not so bad. We really like watching Festival of Fantasy from Frontierland or Liberty Square.

Thanks for the link about the storytellers. I'll check that out and the Joyful group that BDL mentioned. Big thanks for the viewing spots. That's something that I haven't looked into yet but is on my list. So you're saving me some research.

Wondering what everyone thinks after hearing that the Main Street Electrical Parade will be ending October 9th at Magic Kingdom. I am so disappointed as I have been saving for this our first Disney trip for years and we will miss it now. I also had the Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package for Tony's that I was so excited to get and now will be useless. My travel agent said the parade will probably not be replaced due to time constraints and money problems for Disney. She also said she heard that the Tony's dining packages will be cancelled with no other option given. I had scheduled to be at Magic Kingdom on 2 predicted very high attendance days in order to see the parade and Wishes when there was not a Xmas party taking place and now I am wondering if it is worth it but is late now to change my schedule due to already having made ADRs. Just wondering others thoughts or if you have heard anything?

Hello fellow Oregonian! I would suggest trying to change your schedule around and see what other dining reservations you can pull off. Tony's does not get very good reviews and there are other Italian options that may pan out better for you at other parks. If you are doing the holiday party, maybe make that day a half AK and half MK day then take a less crowded full MK day as well.

Our plan is to go with the days that there is early/late entry even though they will be a bit more crowded so that we can do a lot during those early and late hours and relax midday. Our boys are teens now, so top priorities for us are rides and food...makes planning a bit easier to do when I know I can ignore most shows, fireworks and character meets.

Hi! I just came across this thread and I'm so excited to share in the joy of a December Disney trip with all of you guys! My husband and I will be at AKV Jambo Dec 17-18, Poly villas 18-22, and BCV 22-25. My MIL, FIL, and SIL will be joining us Dec 17- 22 at Jambo and the Poly. My DH and I own at AKV and just added on at the Poly this year. It will be our first time staying at the Poly and BCV. We're all very excited for this trip and the countdown has been on since the 11-month booking window opened uptake in February. We very fortunately got all the ADRs we wanted except for the one that seems to be causing some trouble right now, HDDR. I keep checking in hopes that it will suddenly become available.

Hello! What a great thread! We just booked our trip for December 16-22, staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort and going to the Christmas party on Sun. Dec. 18th. We've done the MNSSHP four times, but this will be our first MVMCP. Also celebrating my youngest's 4th Birthday while we are there! Happy planning to you all!

Good morning, Friends!

On another controversial topic, I'm also team No Handle on the Disney mug/tumbler situation. The day before it was announced, I was grumbling while putting away dishes because the mugs are such a pain to have in the cabinet. The handles make them take up so much space. Also, plus one for them being able to fit in cup holders. We never took them into the parks, so I do see why people will miss being able to use a carabiner to clip them to things, though. It will make it hard for one person to do a fill up, too. I'm planning to get a caddy thing from Thirty-One I saw on another thread that can carry 4 or so at a time. But, my line of thinking says a week at WDW with inconvenient cups is less important than those cups being in my house for much, much longer than a week. I need that cabinet space!
!

The mugs are also something that I don't care about because I've never had one so I have no opinion on which is better. I also have very little cabinet space so no handle would probably be better for me and I don't plan on carrying them into the park since you can't get refills with them. We'll only be using at the resort food court and I don't think we'll be visiting there that much.
I am in the no handle camp. I never take the mugs to the parks so no handle is not a problem. I love the idea of less space in the cabinet and being able to use the mug on trips in the car.

Thanks for the link about the storytellers.

You would think they will give us some form of a night time parade in December. I'm a little nervous thinking that I am there the first week and if there is a parade that it might be added a little later in the month and closer to those busier times. However, I live in California so my home park is Disneyland and if you all get Paint the Night I'll be incredibly sad to see it go.

We very fortunately got all the ADRs we wanted except for the one that seems to be causing some trouble right now, HDDR. I keep checking in hopes that it will suddenly become available.

Welcome! We are in the same boat for Hoop Dee Doo and I have been stalking the website to try and get that before finalizing our ADRs. It was the highlight of our trip 5 years ago and we would love to do it again.

Ok, so every day leads me to ponder something new to do on this trip, since it's our first during the holidays and I'm obsessed with Christmas decorations. I have considered doing the Disney Floral thing and having stockings for the kids and DH (this is still very high on my list), I've considered trying to find a way to get a Christmas tree into our room, and now I'm thinking about family photos.

Has anyone done family photos at WDW before? Who did you use, was it a good experience, how were the pictures, etc? I've been reading a couple of threads on the subject this morning and have looked up a couple of suggested photographers online, but I think using Disney photographers might be easier/more convenient. Thoughts?

Really, this is all just to keep me from losing my mind over the darn Star Wars Dessert Party dates not being released past September. I could write novel about my frustration. There would be so many exclamation marks.

!!!:darth::chewy:!!!

Also, just read about a Moana meet and greet potentially coming...Chip and Co says Disney sent out a casting call. That would be awesome! My family is all super excited for this movie!

My kids like the new princess Eleana that has a show in Disney Jr. My daughter would like to meet her. I wonder where the Moana meet and greet would be. You think they'd add her to Ohana breakfast?

The stockings would be cute. I thought about bringing some stuff to leave as surprises when we are down there but I would have to see how much we are already bringing. I did already get glow stuff for night, a princess light up wand, tiara, princess hair barrettes, and princess jewelry. I got really good deals on the barrettes and jewelry, like less than a dollar each. Almost everything is geared towards my daughter. A couple of the glow sticks are Star Wars so my son will like them but he's not really into anything enough for me think of cool little gifts. He likes Star Wards but doesn't love it. He likes sports. She's all about princesses and that's so easy. Now that I'm looking at the list of stuff for her, I feel like I need to find him stuff.

My kids like the new princess Eleana that has a show in Disney Jr. My daughter would like to meet her. I wonder where the Moana meet and greet would be. You think they'd add her to Ohana breakfast?

The stockings would be cute. I thought about bringing some stuff to leave as surprises when we are down there but I would have to see how much we are already bringing. I did already get glow stuff for night, a princess light up wand, tiara, princess hair barrettes, and princess jewelry. I got really good deals on the barrettes and jewelry, like less than a dollar each. Almost everything is geared towards my daughter. A couple of the glow sticks are Star Wars so my son will like them but he's not really into anything enough for me think of cool little gifts. He likes Star Wards but doesn't love it. He likes sports. She's all about princesses and that's so easy. Now that I'm looking at the list of stuff for her, I feel like I need to find him stuff.
As long as Lilo and Stitch are still there... DD would be heartbroken to not meet them!

I've read that Stitch is a really good m&g so I'm sure they'd keep that. I've been trying to get my kids to watch Lilo & Stitch for weeks to get them more into meeting them when we go to Ohana. They keep shooting me down. My dd is excited to see the Moana movie when that comes out. I'd like to take her right when it comes out since we're going to Disney a couple of weeks later.

For those doing MVMCP, do you plan out your night? I was thinking that we would just go and wing it. Maybe book some fp from 4-7 but that's all that I thought we'd need to do. I thought the park wouldn't be crowded so it'd be easy to just wonder around and do whatever. I know certain meet and greets get crowded but I don't think we'd do many of them.

Hi everyone! I'm just joining this thread and haven't had a chance to go back and read previous comments. I am looking at booking a trip for my whole family (husband and daughter, parents, brother and his family, sister and her husband) the first week of December. I've never done Disney at Christmas and I'm so excited to see the decorations! I don't think we will be able to afford tickets to MVMCP :( so I'm wondering will we get to see the Christmas parade or special shows? The parade is my biggest concern, but I just don't see how I can spend $85 per person just for that. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

I've read that Stitch is a really good m&g so I'm sure they'd keep that. I've been trying to get my kids to watch Lilo & Stitch for weeks to get them more into meeting them when we go to Ohana. They keep shooting me down. My dd is excited to see the Moana movie when that comes out. I'd like to take her right when it comes out since we're going to Disney a couple of weeks later.

For those doing MVMCP, do you plan out your night? I was thinking that we would just go and wing it. Maybe book some fp from 4-7 but that's all that I thought we'd need to do. I thought the park wouldn't be crowded so it'd be easy to just wonder around and do whatever. I know certain meet and greets get crowded but I don't think we'd do many of them.

Stitch is VERY fun to meet!! These pictures are from 2014 and are some of my favorites. He was fun at Ohana, too :stitch2: We are big fans! I've always loved the movie, but every time we watch it, I get more and more emotional. I used to enjoy it because it was cute and funny, but now for whatever reason, I cry my way through it, LOL!! I'm a giant baby. My oldest had an echo cardiogram yesterday and that's the movie we picked to watch while it was going on. Lilo and Stitch is definitely a part of our family! Every trip yields multiple Stitch related souvenirs.

As for MVMCP, we really enjoy meet and greets, so that will be something we work in throughout the evening. We will line up for Jack right after dinner because he is number one for my 11 year old, and then we'll assess the situation with the 7 Dwarfs. I know their line will be incredibly long but if we can do it in an hour or less, we'll wait. Scrooge is another must-meet for us, and then we'll hit up Santa Goofy and the other characters in their holiday outfits. Other than that, we will join the mob in front of the castle for the show, parade, and fireworks. I don't think rides will be a priority for us at the party, but we will probably ride Jingle Cruise and Haunted Mansion for sure. Jingle Cruise because we're Jungle Cruise fans and we'll want to ride with the holiday overlay on the holiday party night, and HM because we ride it a gazillion times a trip anyway, and it isn't an MK evening without at least two trips through the mansion for us! I've tried to look at some maps from other years, but they all just say "character meet and greet" without naming specific characters. Kenny the Pirate does have a rundown that lists past locations, but I don't want to get too caught up in that since things always change. We'll probably grab a map when we get our wristbands and look over it while we're eating dinner to plan our evening.

I'm really excited for late November to roll around when our thread members start hitting the parks and parties and we can hear some feedback :-)

Hi everyone! I'm just joining this thread and haven't had a chance to go back and read previous comments. I am looking at booking a trip for my whole family (husband and daughter, parents, brother and his family, sister and her husband) the first week of December. I've never done Disney at Christmas and I'm so excited to see the decorations! I don't think we will be able to afford tickets to MVMCP :( so I'm wondering will we get to see the Christmas parade or special shows? The parade is my biggest concern, but I just don't see how I can spend $85 per person just for that. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Unfortunately, during the first week of December, the holiday Wishes, parade, and shows are all held only during the party. They begin for the regular park after the Christmas party dates are over, on 12/23. The Christmas parade that they show on ABC on Christmas day often tapes the first week of December though. Some people really like going to see it, while others say to avoid the MK that day. Personally, I think it would be fun to watch for at least a little while, and get a peek behind the magic!

The parks will still be decorated and beautiful though!

Epcot will have the storytellers and the Candlelight Processional during that week, too :-)

So excited for our trip! We LOVE WDW and our DS, age 12, says hey have been the best trips ever.

But, I need some help. I'm finding it super hard to put together our trip plan this time. It will be our 3rd trip WDW over Christmas break (Dec 17-24), and I'm not sure where to begin. There are no reliable extended park hours posted and I can't seem to find much in the way of nighttime entertainment. During our last two visits, we would stay late and close down the parks. We went to 10:00 F!, 10:00 MSEP, stayed in some of the parks until after 11:00.

Now no MSEP, no later F! scheduled, and park closings at 9:30? Am I missing something? Am I just too early in my planning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter