*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Well-getting nervous and excitement is normal- This is a BIG trip. I'm more excited about getting the family together again for a fun filled vacation for Christmas. I do remember last trip this past April and the morning we were leaving- Everyone was up and on the road at 930am- ME the OCD guy was up at 3am wondering why everyone was sleeping. :)

I really need to stop looking and changing plans! LOL! My son was a little disappointed that we weren't doing the JBJB dessert party (he doesn't like anything mint or mint flavored so he said he wouldn't eat anything and really wanted to see Fantasmic so changed those plans) and really wanted to do the dessert party at MK (we did it this summer and it was AMAZING!). Since the beginning of our trip I had looked for our night at MK to have an opening for the party and had no luck....until TODAY! A party of 2 was available so I quickly booked for the 14th! I am going to let this one be a surprise! I can't wait to see his face! This trip is going to be EPIC!
party:

I really need to stop looking and changing plans! LOL! My son was a little disappointed that we weren't doing the JBJB dessert party (he doesn't like anything mint or mint flavored so he said he wouldn't eat anything and really wanted to see Fantasmic so changed those plans) and really wanted to do the dessert party at MK (we did it this summer and it was AMAZING!). Since the beginning of our trip I had looked for our night at MK to have an opening for the party and had no luck....until TODAY! A party of 2 was available so I quickly booked for the 14th! I am going to let this one be a surprise! I can't wait to see his face! This trip is going to be EPIC!
party:

How lucky are you?? I'm so glad you found a spot at the MK dessert party. We did it on our last summer trip in 2015 and really enjoyed it. That's going to be such a great surprise!

Eek! Had to share my good news! Received a text tonight from TP Res Finder for a BOG lunch at an earlier time! :cool1: I already had a late lunch at BOG booked, but I knew the later time wouldn't work with the schedule we have. Anyway, this 12:05 ADR was the one I was holding out for! So...take heart all of you who are waiting for an ADR to open up - it CAN happen! ::yes::

On another note, I can totally relate to the "PRE-Disney depression." I swear, I feel like a teenager with these mood swings - panic, excitement, sadness that it's closer to being over, ecstatic that it's almost here...

Planning is half the fun for me, and I don't like thinking about the nothingness that is waiting for me after my trip.:sad: (So that's why I should just book another one, right?) :lmao:

However, I will enjoy THIS trip though and embrace and treasure every moment while making new magical memories! I hope you all do the same! 13 days to go 'til I'm strolling down Main Street! :thumbsup2

Thought I posted this already, but can't seem to find it after my Thanksgiving hiatus...

With our flight arriving at 5:45 we were hoping to have an ADR that evening, but what are your thoughts...should we take that chance? What is the earliest you would schedule the ADR with this arrival time? AND...is Disney at all lenient with last minute cancellations should our flight be delayed?

Thought I posted this already, but can't seem to find it after my Thanksgiving hiatus...

With our flight arriving at 5:45 we were hoping to have an ADR that evening, but what are your thoughts...should we take that chance? What is the earliest you would schedule the ADR with this arrival time? AND...is Disney at all lenient with last minute cancellations should our flight be delayed?
I'm not an expert, but my parents went in October and it took them 2 hours to get from the airport to their hotel. I would think you could make a late ADR and be able to make it, but you might feel stressed! I'm not sure how lenient they would be on cancelling for travel delays.

Personally, with that time frame, I wouldn't book an ADR. We arrive around 530ish, and with winter weather, you just never know about delays. Even if your own flights are unaffected by weather, other flights can be, causing your flight to be backed up on the runway or having to wait longer to land based on the amount of flights in front of you.
Even if you land right on time, factoring in getting off the plane, bathroom stops, getting to ME, potential wait times for ME, and travel time...the soonest I would make an ADR would be about 8 or 8:30pm, and it would be somewhere at my resort or one close by. Maybe Disney Springs depending on resort, or if you took Uber or your own car (which would then take waiting for Magical Express out of the time table, but also add in the wait for the rental car).

I would sit down and calculate all of the things you have to do once you get off the plane, and see how it feels to you. See if it seems like it will be hectic and you'll be stressed by rushing around, or if you think you'll be fueled by excitement and the desire to go,go,go. The soonest we've ever made it to our resort was an hour after landing, but that was when everything worked perfectly - the ME bus was full and drove away right after we boarded. Otherwise, we've had a 15 minute or so wait for other arriving passengers.

You would also have to be ok with giving up the no show fee if they didn't allow you to cancel. Even though Disney is very accommodating, it's no guarantee that they'll waive the fee on arrival day, when guests know there is potential for plans to go awry.

Good luck making your decision!! I've been in the same position!

Just 10 days to go for the "Boys" weekend with just my DS and I. He's really excited and can't wait. Going to be a laid back weekend trip. Not the usual every minute has to be booked with something. Yes, we have our fastpasses and some dining reservations, but not going to stress if we can't get to see something. Going to MVMCP on the Friday night just to enjoy a few rides and the Christmas atmosphere instead of running around crazy.

I don't think I would make an ADR either, with an on-time flight I would still allow 2 hours from the time your land until you reach your resort. Then check-in and transportation to wherever you are going, you're looking at possibly 3.5 hours.

Or, if you still want an ADR but not sure what time, maybe look at what is available when you board the Magical Express and start moving. You'll have a better idea of what time you could make it.

Getting closer and closer. SOOOO very excited. We are flying into Orlando Sanford airport. Has anyone used a car service to travel from there to WDW? Not wanting to rent a car and drive ourselves.

23 more days til I fly!

Anyone think there's a chance I'll get to see Rivers of Light? :worship:

I wish I knew. The CM reviews about the preview didn't make me feel like it would be opening anytime soon. The CM reviews weren't that glowing so I'm not too bummed if it's not open when we go. Plus our AK day is our last night there and we have an early flight he next day.

Its so hard to believe its almost here. This thread started back in August, 2015. Thanks xlsm. I jumped on when we made our reservations in February. Seemed like such a long time ago but now we're all counting things down in terms of days and not months.

Congratulations to everyone here! :dogdance:

Its so hard to believe its almost here. This thread started back in August, 2015. Thanks xlsm. I jumped on when we made our reservations in February. Seemed like such a long time ago but now we're all counting things down in terms of days and not months.

Congratulations to everyone here! :dogdance:

I know what you mean we booked either in Dec or Jan and leave in 3 days. Everyone have a wonderful trip!

Just saw that 12/18 MVMCP is sold out...there will be a lot of us there that evening, looks like a busy one!

-------------------
So excited that we have all made it down to the end!! We've earned it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter