***Official December 2017 thread!

Well life struck again... We had to cancel our trip. We will plan to go but not sure when.

I hope you all have a magical time!

This morning was FP day. I have to say that in the middle of starting it, I changed ALL of my plans. Almost all of our FPs are in the evening. I don't really care about getting 4th, 5th, etc. I was able to get FPs for everything we want to do which is pretty much all of the big ones. What was crazy is we could only get FoP on one day. The rest were completely booked up.

Why did I decide to do FPs all at night? We go to the parks at rope drop. We can hammer out a ton of rides and attractions by noon, especially the big rides. We like going back to the resort in the early afternoon for pool and relaxation...plus adult beverages :drinking1. Then, we head back around 4-5PM. This is just how we do it. In the past, we always had FPs for the mornings and just used this. We will see how this plan works out. We normally do not park hop, but this plan we will wind up doing it.

It took me 45 minutes to get FPs done. I don't know how people deal with it around ADRs. It will be an all QS meal trip for us unless I can get an upgrade to a 1BR at OKW.

Last edited:
This morning was FP day. I have to say that in the middle of starting it, I changed ALL of my plans. Almost all of our FPs are in the evening. I don't really care about getting 4th, 5th, etc. I was able to get FPs for everything we want to do which is pretty much all of the big ones. What was crazy is we could only get FoP on one day. The rest were completely booked up.

Why did I decide to do FPs all at night? We go to the parks at rope drop. We can hammer out a ton of rides and attractions by noon, especially the big rides. We like going back to the resort in the early afternoon for pool and relaxation...plus adult beverages :drinking1. Then, we head back around 4-5PM. This is just how we do it. In the past, we always had FPs for the mornings and just used this. We will see how this plan works out. We normally do not park hop, but this plan we will wind up doing it.

It took me 45 minutes to get FPs done. I don't know how people deal with it around ADRs. It will be an all QS meal trip for us unless I can get an upgrade to a 1BR at OKW.
If you don't mind my asking, which day of your trip were you able to get FOP for? I have 2 planned AK FP days currently - which I will book first on my booking day - but curious if fact my plans for AK fp are day 2 and day 5 I am ruining my chances for snagging a FOP FP

I hope you post about your experience using your evening FPs after your trip. I keep planning to make them for later in the day and then chickening out and getting them for late morning. We love park hopping, so I hope that works out for you!

If you don't mind my asking, which day of your trip were you able to get FOP for? I have 2 planned AK FP days currently - which I will book first on my booking day - but curious if fact my plans for AK fp are day 2 and day 5 I am ruining my chances for snagging a FOP FP
The ONLY day FoP was available was for the next to last day we were there. I booked all FPs from my last day to my first day. We fly out on Dec 10 and we do MK the last morning. Dec 9th was our only day to get FoP. Our trip starts Dec 3. So, Dec 3 -8 was booked when I got on right at 7AM.

I hope you post about your experience using your evening FPs after your trip. I keep planning to make them for later in the day and then chickening out and getting them for late morning. We love park hopping, so I hope that works out for you!
I will definitely post. We have not done too many nights because we have stayed offsite our last 4-5 trips. Those were in the Summer where it does not get dark until almost 9PM. By that time I have had more than an enough not to go back plus all the resort activities have kept us there. Now that we are onsite for this trip and it gets dark much earlier, seeing all the parks at night will be fun again.

I'm also interested in how your plans work out. I thought about doing some fps at night but we don't always make it back to the park at night. So I did them mostly late morning/early afternoon. We do want to go back to the parks on some nights and if lines are long, we'll just focus on something else besides rides. Maybe shopping and snacking. I definitely want to try the night fps for our May trip. We are usually at the parks early but in May I would like to do do some pool time on some mornings and go to the parks late. See how that goes.

The ONLY day FoP was available was for the next to last day we were there. I booked all FPs from my last day to my first day. We fly out on Dec 10 and we do MK the last morning. Dec 9th was our only day to get FoP. Our trip starts Dec 3. So, Dec 3 -8 was booked when I got on right at 7AM.
I arrive the 8th so maybe the PW crowds will be mostly gone by then and FOP FP will be a little more plentiful. Glad you were able to get one though! I am actually doing 2 days of late afternoon/evening FP this trip - never have before unless it was arrival day. Both mornings I will be in Epcot so figure we can get some of the smaller rides done then and enjoy the countries - arrival and departure day are FP at Epcot so hoping to snag Soarin and Frozen either day.

Keep checking for the FOP fast passes because some of the November ones didn't open up until after the 60 day mark for some people.

Keep checking for the FOP fast passes because some of the November ones didn't open up until after the 60 day mark for some people.

Agreed! And I was able to get FOP FPs for days 1 and 3 of a three day trip by checking daily, so stalking the website is worth it! I will be doing it for my two FP fails as well.

Thanks for the info. I am not for stalking FPs. My plans are good to go. We have them for 1 day. We will rope drop them another. My next act of magic is mapping out all of the different QS locations that have something besides burgers, chicken nuggets, and pizza. I know there are tons of them. I have not mapped them out before because I have not had to do it in about 4-5 years. We have done breakfast in the room, snack around lunch, grill out dinner around 5PM, and then back to the parks or somewhere else. Its going to be different not tossing those 1Lb ribeyes on a grill.

Just finished FP's. Got FoP on Dec 8th at 12:50-1:50. We are staying Dec 4 to 8 so to day was our 60 day mark. There were times available for Dec 7 th also. Didn't check 5 and 6. Have different plans for those days. Now we just need to do online check in and wait. Got everything else easily. Doing the happy dance right now. :tongue::bounce::mickeyjum

Yes -- don't give up on FOP! They opened up numerous FOP FP around 30 days out last month.

I wouldnt count on this being a normal thing, with some data on ride capacity for FOP they opened up more fastpass experiences, they also did the same for FEA and 7DMT after a few months of operation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter