***Official December 2022 Thread***

Dec 10-17 - Saratoga Springs (SSR)

Cautiously optimistic that the lines and wait times are better than last year. :rolleyes1We have AP's or we wouldn't be going back after the chaos of our last trip & Genie+, LL, and exhaustive lines everywhere. Going to plan alot of time outside rides for this trip I think. Last trip for a long LONG time. I am hoping to make the best of it!
We are going December 11-17, split stay Pop and Poly.
We went the first week in December last year and I agree about hoping lines and wait times are better this year! Crazy crowded last year! Prices are so high we had to add a couple days of a value resort.🥴

Hey everyone! Could you please confirm that it's possible to buy Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party from the website? I'm trying from Europe, but the website gives me a "go to the ticket window or call" banner.
The website is where I ordered ours from on the first date they were available, since I couldn't get the options to come up on the App that morning. I didn't have any problems on the website ordering them, though. Hopefully you can get it to work for you soon.

I'll be there the Dec 17-22nd. Going to the Christmas party on the 20th! This will be my first party/after hours event and I can't wait! Hopefully it's not as crazy crowded this week as it is between Christmas and NYE. 160 days to go...
How exciting! Where are you staying?

We've tentatively planned to visit in early December and we finally booked a resort over the weekend -- 12/3-12/10 at AKL. We usually visit the week prior to Thanksgiving and haven't visited in December since 2007, so we're really looking forward to full-on WDW Christmas instead of the Christmas "lite" that we get in mid-November.

The website is where I ordered ours from on the first date they were available, since I couldn't get the options to come up on the App that morning. I didn't have any problems on the website ordering them, though. Hopefully you can get it to work for you soon.
Thank you! I actually ended up using a VPN and checking the US website. Still today, there's no way to buy tickets in the UK/EU version of the site. There's still a banner with this message: "Visit any Walt Disney World ticket window for tickets to this special event or call our Disney Experts at 00 800 2006 0809 for information."

We got our flight details and we have a really early flight (8:30 am) on Friday 12/2. A little disappointed as that would mean we would have to be heading out around 5:30 am with 3 kids. Return is around 7 pm on Sunday (12/4). We have never flown that early with young kids. I was surprised that the TA already booked flights (deadline to submit party size/details was first week of July).

Not sure if we should do the Christmas party on 12/2 ($878!) as there is supposed to be a kickoff event (maybe 12/2). We made the following preferences:

Choice 1: MK 12/3 (US/IOA 12/4)
Choice 2: HS 12/3 (US/IOA 12/4).
Choice 3: US/IOA 12/3 (Epcot 12/4)

Hotels (7 resort; can’t choose) will probably be decided based on park days.

Last edited:
Our trip is Dec 2-6 POP, Dec 6-11 Wilderness Lodge. It’s our first trip to DWD and has been a dream of mine since I was a kid. It will be my kids (ages 9 and 12) first time to any Disney park. We’re coming from Australia. We’ll have 2 days at Epcot, MK, and HS and 1 day for AK. I am SO excited!!
You picked the right resort! The Wilderness Lodge is my family's favorite resort. Taking the boat to the Magic Kingdom is the best way to travel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter