zuke2323 - December 26-31 - CBR
mmtwinmama - December 27-January 2 - Swan
Disturbia - December 28-January 3 - Poly
xlsm - December 28-January 4 - Poly
bobbiwoz - December 29- January 1 - BLT
DLmama - December 30-January 7 - POFQ
MFG - December 30-January 6 - Wilderness Lodge
spectromagic will always be my favorite

Can't believe that it's getting *this* close. Tomorrow night at the airport hotel, and then an 8:30am flight on Thursday. Here's how our plans have settled at this point:

Thurs: Arrive at 11am. Check into AKL. Spend the day enjoying the resort. Hopefully pool time. 5:30pm dinner at Jikos.
Fri: AK. 4:30pm Tiffins reservation. Goal is to end the evening in Pandora and hopefully it will be dark enough to see all the bioluminescence.
Sat: Transfer to BCV. Hope that luggage makes it! Spend day in Epcot, eating and drinking around the world. 3:15pm reservations for Space 220 Lounge that I just snagged this morning!
Sun: Sleep in. Sangria University at 1:30pm. Christmas Party that night. Eat at Skipper Canteen at 4:30pm to fuel up for the night.
Mon: HS. Oga's reservations at 4pm and 9:40pm, so hopefully close down the park after Fantasmic.
Tue: 8:30am Keys to the Kingdom tour. Enjoy MK with hopefully light crowds as it's a party day. Then hit DS for Homecomin' at 6pm.
Wed: Sleep in. Pop into Epcot for a late breakfast. Possibly boat rental from the GF if the weather is nice. 7pm dinner reservations at Cali Grill, to see the fireworks followed by Extended Evening Hours at MK.
Thur: Pack up from BCV. Our friends and my wife enjoy Epcot til they leave for the airport at 4pm. I head off to the Gaylord Palms for the conference that's my flimsy excuse for being in Orlando at this time of year. Wife and I enjoy HS EE that night, as it's her birthday. Late night Oga's reservation again.
Fri: I'm at the conference all day. Wife gets to play. Meet in Epcot for dinner at Le Cellier.
Sat: The same as Friday, except dinner is at Chefs de France (we couldn't justify the prix fixe at Monsieur Pauls)
Sun: Check out of Gaylord Palms, and probably do one final MK trip before we get collected at 3pm to head back to the airport, and back to the cold and snow of Detroit.

We will see for rides and suchlike, but they are a lower priority than just getting to enjoy the whole experience with our friends, and celebrate their milestone birthdays together. (Although I know that I *have* to ride Guardians at least twice...)

A splendid Youtuber has created a video that is a Christmas scene with Disney touches and the Resort TV soundtrack playing. "Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee (An Actor's Life for Me)" is on right now, and I swear I can't stop smiling...it puts me right in a Disney resort room hearing that!

We fly down early in the morning on the 22nd and come home on the morning of the 26th. Our stay is packed with fun:

22nd arrive at Beach Club then head to Epcot for some ridin' and eatin' and lookin' at stuff. That evening we head to MK for dinner at Liberty Tree and MVMCP.

23rd (my mom's 80th birthday!) we have a fairly relaxing morning. Cape May Cafe for breakfast (and a surprise cake for Mom). Head to Animal Kingdom for some ridin' and shoppin' (we always seem to shop the most at this park), and lookin' at critters. That evening we head to Disney Springs for dinner at Homecomin' and then Drawn to Life.

24th...another relaxing morning. Head to Epcot for more ridin', eatin', and lookin' at stuff. Candlelight lunch at Le Cellier. Probably pop over to Studios for a bit (our least favorite park, but we love it at Christmastime). That night we return to Candlelight Processional's late show and then will watch Harmonious.

25th...Christmas Morning at Magic Kingdom! Breakfast at Crystal Palace! I anticipate we'll leave around lunch to avoid the busiest time, but we'll see. Head back to whatever park we feel the need to hit again in the afternoon, but then back to MK that night for the fireworks dessert party (we're leaving before fireworks from MVMCP, so looking forward to this).

And that's a wrap. We're leaving early in the AM on the 26th, full of Mickey Christmas Cheer.

Can't believe that it's getting *this* close. Tomorrow night at the airport hotel, and then an 8:30am flight on Thursday. Here's how our plans have settled at this point:

Thurs: Arrive at 11am. Check into AKL. Spend the day enjoying the resort. Hopefully pool time. 5:30pm dinner at Jikos.
Fri: AK. 4:30pm Tiffins reservation. Goal is to end the evening in Pandora and hopefully it will be dark enough to see all the bioluminescence.
Sat: Transfer to BCV. Hope that luggage makes it! Spend day in Epcot, eating and drinking around the world. 3:15pm reservations for Space 220 Lounge that I just snagged this morning!
Sun: Sleep in. Sangria University at 1:30pm. Christmas Party that night. Eat at Skipper Canteen at 4:30pm to fuel up for the night.
Mon: HS. Oga's reservations at 4pm and 9:40pm, so hopefully close down the park after Fantasmic.
Tue: 8:30am Keys to the Kingdom tour. Enjoy MK with hopefully light crowds as it's a party day. Then hit DS for Homecomin' at 6pm.
Wed: Sleep in. Pop into Epcot for a late breakfast. Possibly boat rental from the GF if the weather is nice. 7pm dinner reservations at Cali Grill, to see the fireworks followed by Extended Evening Hours at MK.
Thur: Pack up from BCV. Our friends and my wife enjoy Epcot til they leave for the airport at 4pm. I head off to the Gaylord Palms for the conference that's my flimsy excuse for being in Orlando at this time of year. Wife and I enjoy HS EE that night, as it's her birthday. Late night Oga's reservation again.
Fri: I'm at the conference all day. Wife gets to play. Meet in Epcot for dinner at Le Cellier.
Sat: The same as Friday, except dinner is at Chefs de France (we couldn't justify the prix fixe at Monsieur Pauls)
Sun: Check out of Gaylord Palms, and probably do one final MK trip before we get collected at 3pm to head back to the airport, and back to the cold and snow of Detroit.

We will see for rides and suchlike, but they are a lower priority than just getting to enjoy the whole experience with our friends, and celebrate their milestone birthdays together. (Although I know that I *have* to ride Guardians at least twice...)
How many people was the lounge for? Hoping to change my ADR from 2 to 4 (have 3 ADRs for 2 for our party of 5).

We did hear about a lot of flight delays/cancellations (frontier?) when we headed back Sun. Our flight was only slightly delayed.

GOtG (rode it first time 12/2) was a lot like Harry Potter forbidden journey (shook me up a bit and I didn’t want to ride it back to back, although we saw a lot of teens doing so; I’m ok on RnRc and Space)

Have a wonderful time!

How many people was the lounge for? Hoping to change my ADR from 2 to 4 (have 3 ADRs for 2 for our party of 5).
Four of us. I was pretty surprised to get the alert and even more shocked that I could actually grab it!

We did hear about a lot of flight delays/cancellations (frontier?) when we headed back Sun. Our flight was only slightly delayed.

GOtG (rode it first time 12/2) was a lot like Harry Potter forbidden journey (shook me up a bit and I didn’t want to ride it back to back, although we saw a lot of teens doing so; I’m ok on RnRc and Space)
Uh-oh. I might have to reduce my ride numbers then. I can do Gringotts, but Forbidden Journey totally makes me ill. I can't ride Star Tours or Space Mountain - I think it's the jerkiness that makes me feel green - but I'm fine on Everest which is one of my favorite rides across WDW. No problems with Ratatouille either. I've heard mixed things about GOtG - I know it's smooth, which is a definite plus, but it's virtual movement which is what tends to throw me.

Have a wonderful time!
Thank you!! I guess I'd better get back to packing now...

Four of us. I was pretty surprised to get the alert and even more shocked that I could actually grab it!

Uh-oh. I might have to reduce my ride numbers then. I can do Gringotts, but Forbidden Journey totally makes me ill. I can't ride Star Tours or Space Mountain - I think it's the jerkiness that makes me feel green - but I'm fine on Everest which is one of my favorite rides across WDW. No problems with Ratatouille either. I've heard mixed things about GOtG - I know it's smooth, which is a definite plus, but it's virtual movement which is what tends to throw me.

Thank you!! I guess I'd better get back to packing now...
Just don’t eat a big meal before getting on GOTG and you’ll be fine.

Just don’t eat a big meal before getting on GOTG and you’ll be fine.
I'm going to suck it up and try it even though I'm fairly certain I will get woozy. I have to do it once. No one else in my family will so I have to figure out the timing.

Looking for opinions: Would you want to visit AK during Christmas? Would be ok skipping it? We are doing 2 days each at MK and Epcot, 1 day at HS. We have a 6th day we could do at AK or MK. We are staying at WL so it's obviously easier to go to MK and it's our departure day. We need to leave the hotel around 2pm.

Looking for opinions: Would you want to visit AK during Christmas? Would be ok skipping it? We are doing 2 days each at MK and Epcot, 1 day at HS. We have a 6th day we could do at AK or MK. We are staying at WL so it's obviously easier to go to MK and it's our departure day. We need to leave the hotel around 2pm.
Are you taking the kids? FOP, Navi, Safari are unique experiences but we have AK in the middle of our trip. You are staying at a great resort though. We are taking a whole HS morning to go to WL for horse back/pony riding. Sleigh ride is up in the air because it’s on our only AK day and we have Boma so it’s a runaround.

We are staying at the Poly so to avoid the runaround we are doing MK on checkout day. One time it did take us an hour to get from MK to the Poly right before fireworks ended, so something to consider. We might skip Topolinos (have 11:30 am ADR) in favor of Kona due to the checkout (AOA was understaffed and took 40 mins to get our bags).

Are you taking the kids? FOP, Navi, Safari are unique experiences but we have AK in the middle of our trip. You are staying at a great resort though. We are taking a whole HS morning to go to WL for horse back/pony riding. Sleigh ride is up in the air because it’s on our only AK day and we have Boma so it’s a runaround.

We are staying at the Poly so to avoid the runaround we are doing MK on checkout day. One time it did take us an hour to get from MK to the Poly right before fireworks ended, so something to consider. We might skip Topolinos (have 11:30 am ADR) in favor of Kona due to the checkout (AOA was understaffed and took 40 mins to get our bags).
Will have our kids, 9 and 5. We have never been at Christmas but have been to the parks before. Just not sure if we will regret skipping AK altogether

Will have our kids, 9 and 5. We have never been at Christmas but have been to the parks before. Just not sure if we will regret skipping AK altogether
When in doubt, watch a video by Molly

Or Nate:

Last edited:
We love AK but it will all depend on what you want to do and your priorities. We always end up spending the most time in Epcot. Somehow it just takes us forever to do what we want. Probably because it is so big.

Today is the day! Our flight is at 3. Been up since 4am. Just a little excited!!
Fantasmic packages are showing up a day or two before btw (cancellations). Some of us are still waiting for Jan to open up. We’ve been up at all hours so it’s hard to get excited (we are slightly over 2 weeks away).

Have a great time!

Had to give up Oga but booked 9:30. Saw only 1 option for lunch that’s it for 5; 2 for a party of 4. MD or Tp didn’t send alerts yet

784AE77C-652E-4892-83A1-B2884690CEE3.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter