***Official December 2023 Thread***

Add me to the list! We'll be there the first week of December on our first holiday-season trip! If anyone has any tips for us I'd love to hear them. Also, can anybody tell me what the average temps look like in early December? I've been looking for averages for just the first week as opposed to the monthly averages. Wondering if it'll be too cool to swim.
I've been a few times this same time of year, and there's really no way to know. I've been when it was cold and I've been when it's hot. Just keep checking when it gets closer!

Add me to the list! We'll be there the first week of December on our first holiday-season trip! If anyone has any tips for us I'd love to hear them. Also, can anybody tell me what the average temps look like in early December? I've been looking for averages for just the first week as opposed to the monthly averages. Wondering if it'll be too cool to swim.
We went the week after Thanksgiving a couple of years ago and the weather was perfect - low humidity but hot enough to enjoy the pool a few times, and we maybe needed a sweatshirt in the evenings but it never got super chilly.

As far as tips, we loved the Festival of the Holidays at Epcot… the food booths were great and portions seemed a little larger than other festivals, and we really enjoyed the storytellers around World Showcase. We also loved the band that played holiday songs in the Canada pavilion.

We had holiday-themed food and cocktails several other places as well - Geyser Point at WL and Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar come to mind… and speaking of Jock Lindsey’s, the decorations there are amazing!

Honestly, if you love Christmas, just the overall atmosphere is amazing… every park and resort is decorated beautifully and the holiday music is everywhere. Go to every park and DS at night to enjoy all of the holiday lights! The MK castle has amazing projections to go along with all of the traditional decorations on Main Street; AK has flickering lanterns throughout most of the park, puppeteers through the day, Diwali lights in Asia, a wintry show on the Tree of Life, and super bright decorations in Dinoland; Epcot countries are even more beautiful than usual (especially Germany); and my favorite decorations are at Hollywood Studios (they are fifties-style and over the top), and the projections on Tower of Terror are incredible. I also love the “snoap” when walking around DS and HS (and at MK if you go to a Christmas Party).

Resort hopping is even more fun during the holidays because each resort is decorated with its theme, and you should hopefully see some of the gingerbread displays, depending on their set up times… GF is by far the best. The decorations at AK and WL are gorgeous!

Oh, and I can’t forget the ride/attraction overlays, too… like the extra holiday song in the Frozen show at HS, the “Jingle Cruise” at MK, and I think GotG at Epcot gets a holiday theme too… there may be more I’m not thinking of.

Enjoy every minute!

Just booked December 15-18th. Rented DVC points for a BLT Studio. My best friend may be coming and bringing my “nephew” who has been begging for a Disney trip with “Aunt Jen” since our big trip last January. Everytime he knows we’re talking on the phone he’s like “Are you talking about my Disney trip with Aunt Jen?!”

He’s 8 so a little too young yet to send him alone from Philly to Orlando by himself, even though legally we could do the unaccompanied minor thing. I live in Houston, so wouldn’t be able to travel with him to and from.

Anyway, fingers crossed it works out for them to come. If not, I still get a great solo trip!

We are straddling Nov and Dec :) Our Dec portion of our split stay is Nov 29 to Dec 6 at VGF.

Now if it will just hurry! I've been on Etsy all weekend buying stuff just for the heck of it...Minnie tumblers and beach towels, tshirts....all things we have, but gets us in the spirit!

I'm so excited!!! Just booked our first onsite Christmas trip!!! Can't wait to do all the things!

November 28th - December 7th at Pop Century! :santa:

Yayyyy! I kept looking for a Dec 2023 thread and almost started one. We're renting DVC points for Boulder Ridge, 12/3-12/10. CAN'T WAIT. Countdown app says.....311 days!!!
Y'all, this trip is MY dream (I told the family they could come along on my trip lol)--I finally get to see WDW decorated for Christmas.

See you there! We'll be at CCV on overlapping dates. First holiday season trip for us too, and I am over the moon excited.

Ok, real talk: all the changes (dining plan, simplified Genie+, parks reservations) for JANUARY 2024?! I'm so jealous! Feel free to roll those out a bit early, Disney!
I am also especially irritated by missing a month on the simplified Genie+. I am really and not looking forward to purchasing ILL's/Genie at midnight or super early in the morning.

I REALLY don't want the extra anxiety of pushing buttons on my phone as fast as I can for fear of not getting a good time (or a time at all). I'm old, I have fat fingers & thumbs, and arthritis in my hands.
That and having to stare at my phone all day... I like to be observant of my surroundings and take in the atmosphere.
I also have FOMO just like everyone else when it comes to the cool new rides... so.. I guess rock meets hard place.

**Oh, and if someone wants to add me to the travel list -- My dates are Dec 05 - Dec 16 - Split stay Signia Hilton and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Last edited:
We will be down 12/1-12/9 at VGF celebrating our 17 year anniversary :)

Debating on MVMCP, really want to go but not sure it is worth yet with my son as he typically crashes pretty hard by 9/9:30. Every fireworks we stay out for ends with me carrying a sleepy little boy 😂😂😂

Very excited! Just booked BRV 1BR for our first Christmas week trip. The points were off the charts:scared1: but I had to do it at least once. Not a lot of park time planned but lots of plans to see the holiday decorations throughout the WDW resort.

:dancer:Give me your dates and resort and I'll add you to the list.

AKL-KV Dec 21-28. Two 2 Bedrooms for a party of 13. First time away from home for Christmas Day for anyone in the group. I’ve been plenty in December, it’s our favorite time. But never braved anything from Christmas Eve or later before.

AKL-KV Dec 21-28. Two 2 Bedrooms for a party of 13. First time away from home for Christmas Day for anyone in the group. I’ve been plenty in December, it’s our favorite time. But never braved anything from Christmas Eve or later before.
:cool1: Just added you to the list! First timer here myself. Scary, but very exciting too! Not doing too much park time eases the anxiety a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter