• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official December 2023 Thread***

I couldn't find a December 2023 thread started other than on the DL forum so here we go!
🎄Welcome to the Official December 2023 Thread!🎄

Join me for a Holly Jolly Holiday filled with Sweet Treats, Warm Hugs and...View attachment 735464
What are your dates and where are you staying?

Disney Dates and Resorts

eksmama01 - Nov 24-Dec 6 - BRV, RIV & VGF
HappyGal - Nov 26-Dec 4 - POFQ
Wood Nymph - Nov 28-Dec 2 - BC
caroline5177 - Nov 28-Dec 3 - YC
Lsdolphin - Nov 28-Dec 5 - CSR
AnnabelleTheTalkingTree - Nov 30-Dec ? - CCV
Pharmgirl123 - Dec 1-5 - Poly
jppeak - Dec 1-9 - VGF
firedust - Dec 2-7 - POFQ
VAtink - Dec 2-8 - BWI/AKL/BC
Whereisalyssa - Dec 2-11 - AKV Kidani/POP

NJlauren - Dec 3-6 - POR
ajollyholidaywithjo - Dec 3-7 - CBR
kitkat4622 - Dec 3-8 - BWI
Suzabella - Dec 3-8 - SSR
Trinity88 - Dec 3-8 - POP
Ursula J - Dec 3-10 - BRV
Poohlove - Dec 4-9 - POFQ
JodyK - Dec 4-10 - AKL
SteveAZee - Dec 5-15 - OKW/GV
TaraS29 - Dec 5-15 - YC
Wells Larsen - Dec 5-16 - Signia Hilton & AKL
Rick195275 - Dec 7-10 - BCV/BLT
dancergirlsmom - Dec 7-12 - SSR
kimmylaj - Dec 7-12 - Dolphin
brewhome - Dec 10-15 BCV/PVB
Drewsdad - Dec 10-15 - BC
KT0191 - Dec 10-16 - POP
taxmom04 - Dec 11-16 - POP & BRV
Priorityonecb - Dec 13-18 - ?
erinkristen04 - Dec 13-20 - AKL/Poly
Araminta18 - Dec 13-19 - SSR
TEAMJACOB - Dec 12-15 POR & Dec 15-21 - BWV
jgl130 - Dec 15-18 - BLT

michellej47 - Dec 15-21 - POFQ
buzzrelly - Dec 16-20 - BWV
DizParks - Dec 16-22 - BWI
dato63 - Dec 17-22 - AKV Kidani
hannahdrewmom - Dec 21-26 - YC
disneydreamer781 - Dec 23-30 - BRV/CCV 🎄 🔥
Cynt - Dec 26-30 - ?

IanDLBZF from MCMagic - Dec 30-Jan 1 - AOA
Kip Herner - Dec 30-Jan 01 - VGF

I couldn't find a December 2023 thread started other than on the DL forum so here we go!
🎄Welcome to the Official December 2023 Thread!🎄

Join me for a Holly Jolly Holiday filled with Sweet Treats, Warm Hugs and...View attachment 735464
What are your dates and where are you staying?

Disney Dates and Resorts

eksmama01 - Nov 24-Dec 6 - BRV, RIV & VGF
HappyGal - Nov 26-Dec 4 - POFQ
Wood Nymph - Nov 28-Dec 2 - BC
caroline5177 - Nov 28-Dec 3 - YC
Lsdolphin - Nov 28-Dec 5 - CSR
AnnabelleTheTalkingTree - Nov 30-Dec ? - CCV
Pharmgirl123 - Dec 1-5 - Poly
jppeak - Dec 1-9 - VGF
firedust - Dec 2-7 - POFQ
VAtink - Dec 2-8 - BWI/AKL/BC
Whereisalyssa - Dec 2-11 - AKV Kidani/POP

NJlauren - Dec 3-6 - POR
ajollyholidaywithjo - Dec 3-7 - CBR
kitkat4622 - Dec 3-8 - BWI
Suzabella - Dec 3-8 - SSR
Trinity88 - Dec 3-8 - POP
Ursula J - Dec 3-10 - BRV
Poohlove - Dec 4-9 - POFQ
JodyK - Dec 4-10 - AKL
SteveAZee - Dec 5-15 - OKW/GV
TaraS29 - Dec 5-15 - YC
Wells Larsen - Dec 5-16 - Signia Hilton & AKL
Rick195275 - Dec 7-10 - BCV/BLT
dancergirlsmom - Dec 7-12 - SSR
kimmylaj - Dec 7-12 - Dolphin
brewhome - Dec 10-15 BCV/PVB
Drewsdad - Dec 10-15 - BC
KT0191 - Dec 10-16 - POP
taxmom04 - Dec 11-16 - POP & BRV
Priorityonecb - Dec 13-18 - ?
erinkristen04 - Dec 13-20 - AKL/Poly
Araminta18 - Dec 13-19 - SSR
TEAMJACOB - Dec 12-15 POR & Dec 15-21 - BWV
jgl130 - Dec 15-18 - BLT

michellej47 - Dec 15-21 - POFQ
buzzrelly - Dec 16-20 - BWV
DizParks - Dec 16-22 - BWI
dato63 - Dec 17-22 - AKV Kidani
hannahdrewmom - Dec 21-26 - YC
disneydreamer781 - Dec 23-30 - BRV/CCV 🎄 🔥
Cynt - Dec 26-30 - ?

IanDLBZF from MCMagic - Dec 30-Jan 1 - AOA
Kip Herner - Dec 30-Jan 01 - VGF

Do the characters at Chef Mickeys dress up for the the winter holidays?
They are supposed to be Chefs and from what I've seen in videos I don't believe they do. Maybe someone else who has eaten there during the holiday season could verify. Sorry, I'm not much help but the last time I ate at Chef Mickeys it was in Disney Village nka Disney Springs and it wasn't a buffet.

Last edited:

Checking in, and hoping to start some chatter! Booked at Beach Club for Disney Dec 2-7 and Portofino Bay for Universal 7-10.
I was hoping to eventually add arrival on December 1st, but prices just keep going up.
We were originally booked for early March (spring break) this year, but our youngest was diagnosed with cancer right after Christmas last year. Only half of the airfare was refundable. But the other half pretty much covered us for December.
I'm not thrilled about pulling my older kids out of school, but we purchased military tickets that need to be used before the end of the year, and baby boy was still undergoing chemo until the end of the summer. DH also has issues with crowds, and heat. He didn't come with us on our last trip for this reason. I'm hoping early December

I haven't been in December since 2006. I'm not worried about it being too cold to swim. I'm a crazy person who took her kids to swim in the Gulf in February in 2021, because I promised DD. The water was like 55 degrees (we had wetsuits) and the air was like 70 degrees at the warmest.
The water at Disney is always warm, then we'll dry off quickly. I do hope OTHER people think its too cold, because then maybe SAB won't be TOO crowded.

Special mother/son trip for my son's 7th birthday. December 4-9th. We will be staying at All-Star Movies. Hoping for cooler weather, my son does not do well in the heat and when he is struggling he really doesn't enjoy himself.

We will be in the Orlando area visiting family a couple of days prior and I'm trying to decide if we want to try to do Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas Party with them or if I should try to add it when we are officially on the WDW part of our trip or if we should skip the party completely. He informed me that he wanted to ride the Epcot ball (Spaceship Earth) and go to the "place he got to eat a dirt cup"( the Biergarten Restaurant) from when we visited two years ago. So maybe I should just plan to eat at buffets and call it good! 😝

Special mother/son trip for my son's 7th birthday. December 4-9th. We will be staying at All-Star Movies. Hoping for cooler weather, my son does not do well in the heat and when he is struggling he really doesn't enjoy himself.

We will be in the Orlando area visiting family a couple of days prior and I'm trying to decide if we want to try to do Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas Party with them or if I should try to add it when we are officially on the WDW part of our trip or if we should skip the party completely. He informed me that he wanted to ride the Epcot ball (Spaceship Earth) and go to the "place he got to eat a dirt cup"( the Biergarten Restaurant) from when we visited two years ago. So maybe I should just plan to eat at buffets and call it good! 😝
We're not doing MVMCP. We may not even make it to the fireworks every night, so the concept of staying out until midnight just doesn't appeal. IF EEH is available, then I may take my older kids to that.
The 6 yo, in particular, needs a solid block of 10 hours of sleep at night or he's a bear. If I'm dragging him out of bed at 7am or earlier every day, then he just won't make it to anything after 9PM. Naps are hit and miss with him. Sometimes they help. Sometimes he's crankier when he wakes up.
The 3 yo will nap, and we have that built into our schedule. If DH doesn't return to the parks after "nap time," then the 3 yo will likely stay with him.

I'm trying to decide about Biergarten too!
I was only planning mostly table service meals at the Beach Club (where we are staying) and Space 220 (for DH) but I had forgotten about the Candlelight Processional. The exact details of the Candlelight Processional options aren't released yet, but from last year, I think I have it narrowed down to Biergarten (for the Bavarian Cheesecake) and Akershus (because it's the only pre-book option I've never done).
So, do I try for a repeat of Biergarten, and get to sample my beloved Bavarian Cheesecake for the first time in 8 years (since they removed it as an option at Sommerfest)?
Or do Akershus, even though nobody in my party claims an interest in the princesses? I do think the princesses will claim an interest in my table, as 3/8 will be boys 13 years and under.
DD will not be interested. When I took her to a princess meal, when she was 4, she hid under the table when the princesses came around. At 9, she is adamant that she "isn't into" princesses anymore.

Just reading through and catching up! Y'all, were three months out!!! Can't wait.
This has been the hardest year of my life--lost my dad in April. I'm so glad we had a trip together in 2021. Everywhere I go, I'll be remembering our time together at WDW and how much he loved it, from the very first time he took us when we were little. He and my mom were social workers, so not much money around. My dad splurged and we stayed at Polynesian. He remembered it was the first hotel he'd ever paid over 100/night for (this was the early 80s!). Love and miss him. Can't wait to feel his spirit there, as I do everywhere. So I'll be over there at BRV, smile-crying.

Last edited:
Checking in, and hoping to start some chatter! Booked at Beach Club for Disney Dec 2-7 and Portofino Bay for Universal 7-10.
I was hoping to eventually add arrival on December 1st, but prices just keep going up.
We were originally booked for early March (spring break) this year, but our youngest was diagnosed with cancer right after Christmas last year. Only half of the airfare was refundable. But the other half pretty much covered us for December.
I'm not thrilled about pulling my older kids out of school, but we purchased military tickets that need to be used before the end of the year, and baby boy was still undergoing chemo until the end of the summer. DH also has issues with crowds, and heat. He didn't come with us on our last trip for this reason. I'm hoping early December

I haven't been in December since 2006. I'm not worried about it being too cold to swim. I'm a crazy person who took her kids to swim in the Gulf in February in 2021, because I promised DD. The water was like 55 degrees (we had wetsuits) and the air was like 70 degrees at the warmest.
The water at Disney is always warm, then we'll dry off quickly. I do hope OTHER people think its too cold, because then maybe SAB won't be TOO crowded.
Oh, I am so sorry about the cancer battle--hope he's doing well, and that you can all enjoy this trip. We're from the Great Lakes region, and my daughter has often had a pool to herself even in busy times of January, so here's to hoping SAB isn't too busy! Btw, I've never regretted for a minute when I pulled DD from school. And we're doing it again in December :)

Oh, I am so sorry about the cancer battle--hope he's doing well, and that you can all enjoy this trip. We're from the Great Lakes region, and my daughter has often had a pool to herself even in busy times of January, so here's to hoping SAB isn't too busy! Btw, I've never regretted for a minute when I pulled DD from school. And we're doing it again in December :)
I am so sorry about your Dad! That's funny about the $100/night thing.

He's doing really well, so I think it will be fine. They'll do labs again in October and if his numbers are good, then we may be able to stop the weekend antibiotics before the trip, which would be amazing. They expect him to have to stay on them for 6 months post-chemo (which would be the end of December) but his numbers have been amazing, so it's possible that they'll be good enough a bit early.
I've pulled my kids before with no regrets, but we're in a new school district. We got the "your child should be in school" letter last year, because DD missed 10 days in fall semester. Granted, the first 5 were from the COVID she contracted the week before school started.....then her ADHD caused some issues, then she had a fever.
I'm more concerned about my 8th grader missing school though. He just stopped turning in assignments from October-December last year. Hopefully, we've worked through that issue.

I had a "rule" that I wasn't going to pull my kids after they started middle school, which is part of the reason we were going to brave spring break crowds in March. But, I will 100% play the "cancer card" without any guilt. Hopefully, the school excuses it.

I am so sorry about your Dad! That's funny about the $100/night thing.

He's doing really well, so I think it will be fine. They'll do labs again in October and if his numbers are good, then we may be able to stop the weekend antibiotics before the trip, which would be amazing. They expect him to have to stay on them for 6 months post-chemo (which would be the end of December) but his numbers have been amazing, so it's possible that they'll be good enough a bit early.
I've pulled my kids before with no regrets, but we're in a new school district. We got the "your child should be in school" letter last year, because DD missed 10 days in fall semester. Granted, the first 5 were from the COVID she contracted the week before school started.....then her ADHD caused some issues, then she had a fever.
I'm more concerned about my 8th grader missing school though. He just stopped turning in assignments from October-December last year. Hopefully, we've worked through that issue.

I had a "rule" that I wasn't going to pull my kids after they started middle school, which is part of the reason we were going to brave spring break crowds in March. But, I will 100% play the "cancer card" without any guilt. Hopefully, the school excuses it.
Yay for your son! And you! My husband is a cancer survivor; our trip to Disney after his treatment ended was one of the greatest experiences ever. And play that card with no shame at all. It's well-deserved. I've told a few people "no" to things because of my dad's passing, and I've let my daughter decide what she can handle because they were very close. It's not even a lite--life is exhausting and we need to take care of ourselves and our families! For us Dis folks, that means time at the Happiest Place. I guarantee no one in the future is going to look at your kids' lives and say "If only they'd skipped that trip to Disney with their family and sat at a desk for another week" :) And I'm a college professor, my husband teaches high school--we're very pro-education. Just in a much less disciplinary way that most schools seem to be these days. Blessings to you.

We will be doing MVMCP on December 19th. That close to Christmas I'm expecting it to be crazy, but hopefully we can get some rides in.

Hey all!! Moved my November trip to December! We will be staying December 3-9 at AKL Jambo house. It's a mom/daughter trip! Christmas is my mom's favorite holiday, and she has never been to Disney at Christmas, she is going to love it!

Also have MVMCP tickets for the 5th :)
We'll be at the party on the 5th too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter