• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official December 2023 Thread***

Hello! Just discovered this thread! We will be there Dec 4-7 at AK- Kidani and then Dec 7-12 at BLT. We’ll also be at Universal the day before all of that. My group consists of myself and my husband, our 1 year old daughter, any my mother-in-law. My daughter and MIL have never been to WDW so I’m excited to experience their first trip! My MIL finally retired this year when she turned 70 so this is a celebration of that for sure!

We will be staying at Beach Club CL December 1-8! First time staying there, and so excited. Have Jollywood Nights tickets for 12/6, and am trying to decide on 12/1 arrival day or 12/7 for MVMCP tickets.

Hey all!! Moved my November trip to December! We will be staying December 3-9 at AKL Jambo house. It's a mom/daughter trip! Christmas is my mom's favorite holiday, and she has never been to Disney at Christmas, she is going to love it!

Also have MVMCP tickets for the 5th :)

We will be at Coronado Springs December 11-15 :beach:

Hello! Just discovered this thread! We will be there Dec 4-7 at AK- Kidani and then Dec 7-12 at BLT. We’ll also be at Universal the day before all of that. My group consists of myself and my husband, our 1 year old daughter, any my mother-in-law. My daughter and MIL have never been to WDW so I’m excited to experience their first trip! My MIL finally retired this year when she turned 70 so this is a celebration of that for sure!

We will be staying at Beach Club CL December 1-8! First time staying there, and so excited. Have Jollywood Nights tickets for 12/6, and am trying to decide on 12/1 arrival day or 12/7 for MVMCP tickets.
:welcome:all to the thread! You are all now added to the list!:cool1:

I've been slacking on the Dis. and missed this thread starting.
My cousin/best friend and I will be there in December. We are doing the Disney wish cruise Dec 1-4.
Then we are checking in to All-star Sports Dec 4- Dec 10

Our plans for now are:
Dec 4 - Express exit off the cruise then head to check in and go to AK activate our AP's and enjoy the park for awhile and the real reason cheeseburger pods.
Dec 5 - Epcot - (we had this planned before they announced the new fireworks hoping they still offer firework dinning packages as I imagen it will be packed with all the bloggers and stuff
Dec 6 - MK
Dec 7 - DHS
Dec 8 - Epcot
Dec 9 - DHS
Dec 10 - Home

Then we are coming back for NYE we are staying off site checking in Dec 29th - Jan 1.
Plans for that one are:
Dec 29th - Arrive/DHS
Dec 30th - MK
Dec 31st - Epcot
Jan 1 - Home

I've been slacking on the Dis. and missed this thread starting.
My cousin/best friend and I will be there in December. We are doing the Disney wish cruise Dec 1-4.
Then we are checking in to All-star Sports Dec 4- Dec 10

Our plans for now are:
Dec 4 - Express exit off the cruise then head to check in and go to AK activate our AP's and enjoy the park for awhile and the real reason cheeseburger pods.
Dec 5 - Epcot - (we had this planned before they announced the new fireworks hoping they still offer firework dinning packages as I imagen it will be packed with all the bloggers and stuff
Dec 6 - MK
Dec 7 - DHS
Dec 8 - Epcot
Dec 9 - DHS
Dec 10 - Home

Then we are coming back for NYE we are staying off site checking in Dec 29th - Jan 1.
Plans for that one are:
Dec 29th - Arrive/DHS
Dec 30th - MK
Dec 31st - Epcot
Jan 1 - Home
:welcome:to the thread! Going twice during the holidays? I'm very jealous:earseek: but that sounds like a blast!

I'm waiting for Candlelight Processional dining packages to drop.
It's really throwing off my planning, because I want to do a sit down breakfast at the Beach Club one day. Extended Morning Hours means before park opens doesn't work super well. The day that makes the most sense is our Epcot day. But, I don't want two table service meals in the same day.

Since we're moving over to Universal, we don't really have a "departure" day. I think we'll probably end up at the Magic Kingdom that day, and just stay until we're tired. So, maybe I should do a late morning? Breakfast at like 10am? Then do the Magic Kingdom for a few hours, before driving over to Universal.
DH doesn't do well with waiting for breakfast....or without an afternoon nap.
I don't do well with not getting to the parks first thing.

Disney has just announced December Extended Evening Hours for Animal Kingdom:simba:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extended-evening/
I may do this. I was planning on doing 0-2 park days at the most depending on any events during Christmas week. I'm still on the fence though and waiting for any EP EEH during that week. It would usually fall on a Monday and of course, Monday is Christmas Day so I don't know if that's going to happen on Christmas night so I will have to decide between a 1 or 2-day ticket. No park hopping this trip. I decided to add it for my May 2023 trip and for the way I usually do the parks, it just wasn't worth it for me with that 2:00 PM restriction. I'd be in one park early and I would think for a second that I could jump to another for something and then I'd remember I couldn't do that anymore. :idea:That happened a couple of times so I found it very frustrating!😣 In the past, I could do 3 parks by 2:00 normally with PH or at least hit a park in the AM and then do lunch at another park way before 2:00.

Last edited:
Just booked Boardwalk today :smickey:
BWV Boardwalk View Studio Dec 17-23

Thanks for starting the board DisneyDreamer!

Hopefully MVMCP dates will be released by April. The parties are really fun but might skip this year. We already have hoppers plus EEH for MK, EP and likely HS too (2022 had HS on Thurs Dec 15/22, so maybe Dec 14/21 this year). The daytime Christmas parade (12 & 3pm) started Thurs Dec 22 last year, and we can try a dinner with party fireworks view.
Update:

Since we booked back in early February our plans have changed and WDW threw in some surprises. Extended Evening Hours are still a mystery lol. We’ve decided to do Jollywood Nights on Sat Dec 16th.

Genie+ - Dec 15-23 - Poly/BWV :santa: 12/16

We kept Boardwalk View Dec 20-23, and added Poly (with an extra day) Dec 16-20.

Then WDW released news of Jollywood Night dates. Sat night seemed a good pick so we don’t miss an EEH, but we also didn’t like risking delays flying in on party date. So we opted for an evening Friday flight Dec 15th.

Then in June we bought DVC Grand Flo and still needing a room for first night, booked VGF instead of offsite.

Now we have a 3 resort stay:rotfl2:I wouldn’t necessarily recommend that lol. We don’t mind. It’s all good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter