Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Just finalized and made the payment for our two cakes for the end of the month. Cake 1 will be a 6” cake (3 layers - it would be an additional $40 to make it 5 layers) with a Mickey Mouse theme and it came out to $160. Second cake is a mini cake, themed to Star Wars, and was $45. They’ll both be delivered to Crystal Palace.

I thought I had read here that people paid at the restaurant? But I had to prepay, and wasn’t able to use DVC or AP discounts, which I was hoping for.
I had to pre-pay too this time rather than paying at the restaurant like I did in October. I'm not sure what changed. Both my January cake and the one from October were from the Grand Floridian bakery.

Just finalized and made the payment for our two cakes for the end of the month. Cake 1 will be a 6” cake (3 layers - it would be an additional $40 to make it 5 layers) with a Mickey Mouse theme and it came out to $160. Second cake is a mini cake, themed to Star Wars, and was $45. They’ll both be delivered to Crystal Palace.

I thought I had read here that people paid at the restaurant? But I had to prepay, and wasn’t able to use DVC or AP discounts, which I was hoping for.
I’ve always had to pre pay going back a decade. No discounts. I was recently quoted the similar prices.

We just got back from Disney. I had bday cakes done for both my daughters, by GF. They had them delivered to Narcoossee's for our Christmas Eve dinner. I didn't think to take pics of them cut.

The blue / Winnie the Pooh cake was chocolate w/the cookies and cream filling & buttercream icing. My daughter is a big Eeyore fan, and the baker who called me from GF said this was the only thing they had with Eeyore on it.

The red / Mickey Mouse cake was red velvet w/cream cheese filling, and buttercream icing.

They were 6" cakes, and $85 each. My daughters really liked our server and had her take slices for later. The rest we took back to our room, and they had them for breakfast over the next few days.

I didn't try the red velvet cake myself, but it was a hit with my daughters. The chocolate w/the cookies and cream filling was very good though.

eta: Originally I was going to do one big cake - but in talking to the baker it was decided to do two smaller ones. I was glad we did, as one of my daughters commented it was the first time she could remember having her own birthday cake, and she loved it.

Last edited:
I wanted to report back that the Grand Floridian has agreed to deliver the birthday cake to Topolino's! :)

Thanks for letting us know!

They take payment in advance because the cake is not made by the restaurant, it's made by a resort and delivered to the restaurant.

They take payment in advance because the cake is not made by the restaurant, it's made by a resort and delivered to the restaurant.
That makes total sense, I’m just curious how other people said they got their AP discount on it? Or maybe I just misread that part

Has anyone used the swan and dolphin pastry team for a cake? I have scrolled through quite a few pages and haven’t seen any mentioned. We are having my daughters birthday dinner at I’ll Mulino this month and GF bakery won’t deliver there so probably going with the Swan’s bakery.

That makes total sense, I’m just curious how other people said they got their AP discount on it? Or maybe I just misread that part

When you order a cake for delivery to a restaurant at a resort or park that actually has a pastry team, you can be charged for the cake at the time you dine and use your discount then.

My daughters birthday celebration will
Be at CRT, has anyone had a cake delivered there recently? If so what bakery or who do I contact? Thx

I contacted the special celebrations team and they sent the following reply:

Greetings Royal Family,

Thank you for contacting Cinderella’s Royal Table special events! We have received your email and you will receive a response within 72 hours. We are in the office Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We are out of the office on the weekends and major US holidays.

Custom cakes are not currently available at Magic Kingdom Restaurants, however we are happy to share information on our other enhancement offerings with you!

Please note that the Glass Slipper Engagement Package is not currently available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

All orders must be received 72 hours prior to your reservation date. We look forward to working with you to make your dining experience extra Magical!

Kindest Regards,

The Special Occasion Coordinator Team

MAGIC KINGDOM® Park

wdw.CRT.Special.Events@disney.com

I believe Grand Floridian is delivering to MK. They just don’t want to advertise it I suppose.

Update:

Good Afternoon,

I would be happy to assist in adding on specialty enhancements for Cinderella’s Royal Table and for Be Our Guest!

For Cinderella’s Royal Table we offer the following Specialty Enhancements.

Thank you for contacting Cinderella’s Royal Table Special Events!

We also offer our exclusive keepsake Cinderella's Royal Table champagne flutes! These are served with a sparkling cider toast after the meal, and the cost is $19.00 each plus tax and gratuity.

To create a true fairy tale, we offer our Cinderella glass slipper. This will be presented after your meal on a platter and is the perfect keepsake for your visit to Cinderella’s Castle! This costs $65.00 plus tax and gratuity.

We also offer our Mickey Mouse celebration cake! This is available in decadent chocolate or sweet white chocolate and can include a special message of “Happy Birthday” or “Congratulations” on the chocolate ears—or you can leave them blank. Each cake serves 4-6 guests, and costs $39 plus tax and gratuity. Due to logistical challenges within our park, we recently discontinued the production of custom cakes. We understand this may be disappointing and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

To celebrate Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary and the World’s Most Magical Celebration, we offer the Lost Slipper Dessert! This mini slipper is hidden inside a chocolate dome and is revealed by pouring hot caramel sauce over top! This dessert is $25.00 plus tax and gratuity. Available only for a limited time!

For Be Our Guest we offer our Mickey Mouse celebration cake! This is available in decadent chocolate or sweet white chocolate and can include a special message of “Happy Birthday” or “Congratulations” on the chocolate ears—or you can leave them blank. Each cake serves 4-6 guests, and costs $39 plus tax and gratuity.

Another option that we have at Be Our Guest is the trio of mini cupcakes signature dessert. This dessert typically serves 1-2 guests and can be decorated with a Happy Birthday or Happy Anniversary chocolate piece.

For any allergy friendly cakes or desserts, we recommend contacting Erin McKenna’s Bakery at 407-938-9044

If you are interested in adding on a specialty enhancement, please respond to this email with your reservation number and any enhancements you would like to order.

Please allow up to 72 hours for a response. We are in the office on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and have a Magical day!

Shannon

Special Events Coordinator

MAGIC KINGDOM® Park

wdw.magic.kingdom.specialty.desserts@disney.com

*Please keep in mind that your order is not final until you receive an official confirmation email from us.*

Does anyone know if you can have a cake delivered to Oga’s Cantina? We have several reservations totally 34 people there on the morning of 2/21 as part of our 20th Anniversary Celebration, but one of our friends has their birthday on 2/21, and I thought it would be neat to surprise them with a birthday cake!

If not is it possible to have a cake picked up or delivered to the Animal Kingdom Lodge? And would Oga’s allow us to bring the cake in and eat it? Most of us are staying at Riviera, but we have a couple of guests who are at AKL. My thinking is that they could bring the cake as we could better surprise our friend since they wouldn’t see the cake box till we all met at Oga’s.

When
Does anyone know if you can have a cake delivered to Oga’s Cantina? We have several reservations totally 34 people there on the morning of 2/21 as part of our 20th Anniversary Celebration, but one of our friends has their birthday on 2/21, and I thought it would be neat to surprise them with a birthday cake!

If not is it possible to have a cake picked up or delivered to the Animal Kingdom Lodge? And would Oga’s allow us to bring the cake in and eat it? Most of us are staying at Riviera, but we have a couple of guests who are at AKL. My thinking is that they could bring the cake as we could better surprise our friend since they wouldn’t see the cake box till we all met at Oga’s.
we went in November and there is plexiglass dividing tables. They are seating 5-6 people tightly packed on each side of the booth (would normally seat maybe 6-7; is now packed with 10-12 people). There was barely any room on our half of the table after drinks and appetizers (we got both meat/cheese and the chips) in the table. They do enforce the 45 min. rule so it would be rushed. Here is a review with the plexiglass:

https://wdwnt.com/2021/10/photos-mu...iglass-dividers-in-disneys-hollywood-studios/639885

Last edited:
Looking to purchase a speciality cake for my upcoming trip. Does anyone have photos of a Tinker Bell, Alice in Wonderland, or Cinderella themed cake? 😊

Last edited:
Just ordered a cake for my wife's birthday next month. They said no issue delivering it to the Polynesian, and actually they said they're delivering everywhere except for MK? Seems to go against reports, but who knows. So excited for it because the cakes posted here look awesome! It'll be our first time getting a cake delivered during our stay. Do they bring it directly to the room, or will it go to the lobby and we'll get a call to come down? Just trying to get that figured because I'm not telling my wife about it and want to keep the element of surprise!

Just ordered a cake for my wife's birthday next month. They said no issue delivering it to the Polynesian, and actually they said they're delivering everywhere except for MK? Seems to go against reports, but who knows. So excited for it because the cakes posted here look awesome! It'll be our first time getting a cake delivered during our stay. Do they bring it directly to the room, or will it go to the lobby and we'll get a call to come down? Just trying to get that figured because I'm not telling my wife about it and want to keep the element of surprise!

In the old days they would deliver it directly to the room at the Poly via Private Dining. I would call them back to clarify, though, because it may be front-desk pickup only right now. What a great surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter