Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

How about the Hoop de doo?? Anyone have any experience ordering a cake for dessert here?

Fort Wilderness and Hoop Dee Doo are also serviced by the Contemporary pastry team.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of ordering either a 6 or 8" cake for my dd's fifth birthday at our Hollywood & Vine character breakfast/lunch. Does anyone know who services H&V. Is there a more direct number to call or an email address. For some reason, I'm not able to view most of the cake pictures in the cake threads. Thanks.

Disney Hollywood Studios' own pastry team services Hollywood & Vine. Their capabilities are limited to buttercream cakes that look like what you get at the supermarket. There is no direct number for them—you have to go through the Cake Hotline.

One thing you can try is the Group Dining Line for the Brown Derby: 407-560-5377. I was once told that they could arrange for a fancy fondant cake to be delivered to restaurants in Hollywood Studios, but no one on this thread has ever tried it.

I ordered all my cakes for our annual May trip. This year I ordered 2 from Pat and as usual was pleased with her input and ideas! Am excited to see them. Then IO ordered one from YC and am a little bummed - they def were more stick to the script, unlike Pat who was ok building cake into my budget. I am sure it will be great and delish - but In would have paid more for something a bit more unique than the basic - but either way - cake at Disney! Woohoo
Will post pics and details when we get back!

Disney Hollywood Studios' own pastry team services Hollywood & Vine. Their capabilities are limited to buttercream cakes that look like what you get at the supermarket. There is no direct number for them—you have to go through the Cake Hotline.

One thing you can try is the Group Dining Line for the Brown Derby: 407-560-5377. I was once told that they could arrange for a fancy fondant cake to be delivered to restaurants in Hollywood Studios, but no one on this thread has ever tried it.

Oh no! That doesn't sound encouraging. I called the Brown Derby number and the lady transferred me to the cake hotline. We have reservations at Whispering Canyon, Ohana and BOG as well. Will those be better venues for a birthday cake? Thanks.

Oh no! That doesn't sound encouraging. I called the Brown Derby number and the lady transferred me to the cake hotline. We have reservations at Whispering Canyon, Ohana and BOG as well. Will those be better venues for a birthday cake? Thanks.

Whispering Canyon and Ohana will definitely be better. BOG has a fixed option that they offer.

Be Our Guest is very limited now as they don't do custom cakes at any MK restaurants anymore (you can see the offerings they have maybe a page or two back here). WC is serviced by the Contemporary Bakery which is where we have had all of our cakes so far. Ohana would be done by the Grand Floridian bakery which have great options but seem to be rather inconsistent with how easy they are to work with.

Hi! Does anyone have any pictures of an Aurora/Sleeping Beauty themed cake they could share? I've looked through the cake chatter threads here but haven't found much. We'll be at WDW in October and I'll be ordering a custom cake from the GF. I need some help with ideas! Thanks

Here's one from a wedding a few years ago:

10518580_10155718406526515_1992361896183111898_o.jpg

And here's a recent Maleficent mini cake:

Maleficent%20Mini%20Cake_zpsl5llp11l.jpg

And here's what the Princess cakes they used to make for Cinderella's Royal Table looked like—Aurora's on the far right, middle row:

CRT%20Her%20Royal%20Highness%20Package%20Cakes.png

I called and left a message for Pat at the Grand Floridian on Monday. The message said that she wasn't there on Mondays, but I was hoping to hear back yesterday. How long should I wait until I call back? I am sure she is super busy, but I'm anxious to order! :laughing:

I am planning to try this for an upcoming trip. Not until October, but will definitely report back!!!

Here's my report from 2015 with photos!

Thanks so much to lurkyloo and everyone else for all the great advice on this thread! We loved our Goofy-themed cake - ordered from the Contemporary and served at Chef Mickey's. We worked with Brian and Donald via e-mail and then ordered via phone.

The details:
6" vanilla cake with vanilla frosting
blue fondant with mickey head balloons
hand-painted chocolate Goofy on top

The cost:
We paid $74, minus TIW discount but + tip. It would have been $68 if we went with buttercream frosting instead of fondant.

The serving size:
I'm so glad we went with the 6" cake - it easily served our party of seven and we had a couple pieces left over.

The taste:
The cake was fine - we're not huge cake fans in the first place. But the fondant was outstanding - my favorite part! And the white chocolate goofy on top was yummy and so big that it lasted a very long time.

Additional info and value:
I'm also really glad we went with fondant. It looked great and the photos don't do it justice. When we checked in for our Chef Mickey's ADR, the CM seating us was very excited - she said she picked up the cake and remembered it. In fact, she told us she took a photo of it and sent it to her parents. Loved the enthusiasm!

Because we're not huge cake fans, I didn't expect to feel like this was a good value. But the final product was so well done, and it brought so much joy to our birthday boy that it was completely worth the price. I'm already thinking about what we can celebrate next that requires a cake. Might go with a mini cake next time, but will definitely plan to order a custom cake again!

Holy cow, that cake's amazing! Thanks so much for posting this.

He'd love that so much. I think that's precisely what we're going to go for. Thank you again!

I called and left a message for Pat at the Grand Floridian on Monday. The message said that she wasn't there on Mondays, but I was hoping to hear back yesterday. How long should I wait until I call back? I am sure she is super busy, but I'm anxious to order! :laughing:

I recently worked with her and it did take her a few days to return my call. She did call and all worked out perfectly.

I recently worked with her and it did take her a few days to return my call. She did call and all worked out perfectly.

She ended up calling last night! It's a surprise for DH so I had to run into the other room to answer and he got really suspicious! :laughing: got it all ordered and I'm really excited! 6 inch vanilla cake with raspberry mouse filling just like our wedding and she said it would be $23. And they would write 10 Magical Years on the top

Last edited:
I have never ordered a cake before, but I am wondering how long it takes for the CR bakery to get back to you? I left a voicemail last week, Tuesday, and I sent an email on Sunday without a response to either.

Looks like we've finally decided to stay at the Caribbean Beach with the dining and gift card offers. We'll be there in August. I really wanted a cake delivered to the resort so I didn't have to worry about hauling the leftovers back to our room, but with the construction and them having no food court, I'm wondering if getting a cake delivered there will be an option?

I have never ordered a cake before, but I am wondering how long it takes for the CR bakery to get back to you? I left a voicemail last week, Tuesday, and I sent an email on Sunday without a response to either.

At least one of the pastry chefs has Monday and Tuesday off, so you may have just missed him. I'd try again on Wednesday.

So glad I found this thread! I would like to have a cake made for my daughter and husbands birthday. It's my husbands birthday on the day we are dining at San Angel Inn. I called the number listed here for San Angel. I had to leave a message. Does anyone here have experience with ordering from San Angel Inn? I'm a little late to this as I would like the cake in two weeks. Nothing fancy just a basic cake to celebrate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter