Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I just tried calling the number on page one for Y&B and was transferred to guest services as "the person you have reached does not subscribe to this system." They then said they are not doing specialty cakes at this time. But I swore I've seen folks get them at Y&B...was I dreaming? Thanks!

I've tried calling the WDW phone number for celebration cakes and just get prompt after prompt. Can't seem to connect to a live person. I really prefer ordering a small custom cake rather than the mickey hat celebration cake. Will be celebrating 20th wedding anniversary and we got married at WDW so I would like to surprise my husband and make it extra special. Just keep reaching dead ends.

I just tried calling the number on page one for Y&B and was transferred to guest services as "the person you have reached does not subscribe to this system." They then said they are not doing specialty cakes at this time. But I swore I've seen folks get them at Y&B...was I dreaming? Thanks!

Call 407-934-7000 (Guest Services) and tell them you want to speak to Private Dining at the Yacht Club (don't mention the cake). Then tell the Private Dining person you want to order a cake. The number on the first page was supposedly their cake-ordering line, but it may have just been the direct number of a CM who no longer works there.

I've tried calling the WDW phone number for celebration cakes and just get prompt after prompt. Can't seem to connect to a live person. I really prefer ordering a small custom cake rather than the mickey hat celebration cake. Will be celebrating 20th wedding anniversary and we got married at WDW so I would like to surprise my husband and make it extra special. Just keep reaching dead ends.

Find the phone number listed in Post # 2 for the place where you want the cake delivered. If it's serviced by a resort that is not doing cakes right now (only Grand Floridian, Contemporary and Yacht & Beach Club are) then call the number for the Grand Floridian. They have been delivering to other resorts recently. At the very least, they'll let you pick up a cake at the front desk.

I am trying to contact the Yacht and Beach club to see about ordering a cake for next week at the Ale & Compass. The phone number listed on page one is not working. I called the hot line (they really push those MM Celebration cakes) but it gives no option for resorts - just theme parks. I want to order a small graduation cake for my dd and her best friend (they graduated last year but in person graduation was cancelled). Any ideas of who I can contact? I would do the celebration cake but it doesn't sound like they will put Happy Graduation on it.

**I just read the above threads (I swear they weren't there when was posting). I will try what people advised above.

I've called Guest Services (twice). I was transferred to private dining at Y&BC and was prompted to press #2. But each time I could not leave a message and it hung up on me. I might just go with the Cinderella slipper at the Castle.

Last edited:

@GC&S Don't give up yet! Call back one more time, but this time just press 1 for Private Dining. You don't HAVE to use the cake voicemail if it's not working! You can just speak directly to someone in Private Dining and explain the problem.

Ordered this custom cake from GF private dining & it was delivered to CRT for my daughter’s birthday. They made it exactly as I requested, right down to the Mickey shaped macarons. 💜View attachment 566102
That's lovely! The Mickey macarons are a magic touch! It was delivered to CRT? I thought you couldn't get custom cakes delivered to MK restaurants???

That's lovely! The Mickey macarons are a magic touch! It was delivered to CRT? I thought you couldn't get custom cakes delivered to MK restaurants???
Right now, anything goes with the Grand Floridian’s Private Dining team! The cast members who came back from furlough are taking requests for all kinds of flavors and delivering cakes all over property. Get yours while you can! :teeth:

Thinking about the churro cake with churro mousse. Any fans? Anything you’d compare it to? It’s basically cinnamon, right?

Thinking about the churro cake with churro mousse. Any fans? Anything you’d compare it to? It’s basically cinnamon, right?

It's one of my favorites, and I'm not a particular fan of cinnamon or even churros. It's like a really moist muffin filled with cinnamon-sugar pastry cream (they call it a mousse, but it's not light and fluffy like you think of mousse being. More rich and creamy...) And the filling has little pits of pastry crunch in it!

Hello! I emailed the grand Floridian bakery last night to order a cake for my daughters birthday and they responded early this morning and made an appointment to call. We just got off the phone and I was able to order a 6” chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling. We kept it simple, white buttercream with green Mickey head piping. I can’t wait to try it. It’s a surprise so I needed somewhere to share my excitement. Our daughter still has no idea about the trip next month.

Last edited:
We had lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe today with delivery of a Grogu cake. I wanted a little bit of an out of the box theme since I feel like most Star Wars cakes tend to look the same with a few white chocolate ships and the black or dark blue galaxy look.

So I asked if they could make some of the weird foods that Grogu eats on the show. My kids always got a kick out of how he’s always eating everything, and since food is a big part of our trip it made sense. And I asked them to tie it into Disney with Disney themed snacks. The cake turned out perfect!!! And my kids and bf were so surprised.

Cake was ordered through the GF bakery using the email provided here. They got back to me quickly and we had a back and forth for a few days before finalizing things. They were super helpful.

The cake is a 6 inch marble cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and covered with fondant. Fillings were both vanilla and chocolate buttercream. Price was $130 plus tax and gratuity.

Oh and we barely made it here to get it! Our flight last night was canceled last minute and they put us on a flight this morning with over an hour delay. We were like 20 minutes late for our ADR and it was the very end of lunch but thank goodness they let us in. I was so nervous.

Ahh, it’s flipping my photos. Oh well, you still get the idea.

6C5315A4-309C-4AF1-BC8F-183701FCE0CB.jpegE68BA45B-BCE2-4046-A19C-E4BB9B739E6E.jpeg6F6F72FA-6051-4A15-A080-C1286944F401.jpegAC88A197-39BD-423D-9BB3-CFC3AA3F6F71.jpeg108B5C64-F90F-4CD8-A874-80A1BD24061A.jpegECEA8354-60D1-44E7-BFF9-30AD6BF67A93.jpeg

The cake is a 6 inch marble cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and covered with fondant. Fillings were both vanilla and chocolate buttercream. Price was $130 plus tax and gratuity.

HOORAY! I'm so glad you made it to the ADR and then shared all these great details and photos! What a fun idea for a cake!

Just finalized my cake order today! It is a surprise for my parents anniversary. Being delivered to Cinderella’s Royal Table for our dinner on first park day. I cannot contain my excitement! The bakery at the Grand Floridian was fabulous to work with and I am positive they will make it just as I visioned it! They even are special ordering gluten free fondant for my cake! I ordered gluten free chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse and the possibility of chocolate ganache. Fingers crossed it is as good as it sounds! I’ve never had their cakes before! Thank you to this thread for giving me the idea and the contacts to do so!

So GF is now delivering to TS restaurants in the parks?
Yes! There was no issue getting it delivered to CRT when I placed my order. The only difference is if you are getting it delivered off site, you have to pay for cake+tax when you finalize/place your order. That’s all I had to do and she said it will be there for our dinner reservation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter