Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I saw the Mickey dome cakes available at every resort quick service restaurant we visited during the pandemic. They were available for mobile order via MDE.
Yeah, custom cakes are only available from those resorts. The standard Mickey dome cakes seem to be available most places.

Thanks! I guess I can't have that delivered to them somehow, though. Oh well. Maybe I can find out if they have an ADR somewhere.

Thanks! I guess I can't have that delivered to them somehow, though. Oh well. Maybe I can find out if they have an ADR somewhere.
Yeah, none of the cakes can be delivered to rooms at the moment due to all the pandemic precautions. You can either have them sent to restaurants or have them ready for pick up. For example, I ordered my husband's birthday cake from The Contemporary's bakery and was able to pick it up from The Wave. It was actually pretty convenient since we were staying at Bay Lake Tower at the time.

I just backtracked through the thread and noticed that my previous pictures aren’t showing up anymore. Here are the highlights in one place:

October 2016 - Yacht Club made it for a fireworks cruise that Hurricane Matthew cancelled, but Disney Magic delivered it to Bay Lake Tower and salvaged the surprise! I think it was $85 in 2016. Inside was marble cake and chocolate buttercream. I told them Halloween theme with “Boo to you” written on it and they knocked it out of the park!

View attachment 569069

2017 - Slipper dessert delivered to CRT.
View attachment 569071

2016, based on my daughter’s age and the fact it was delivered to CRT.
View attachment 569073

2017/18 - Delivered to Akershus and boxed up and carried to our room at AoA. I got an Aurora theme too, but it didn’t survive the trip.
View attachment 569074

Late 2018 - Delivered to Yachtsman. This was my least favorite and I was very disappointed in it. I gave them the wording to use and requested a Wall-E theme and this was what was delivered to the table. It tasted good, but I was not happy. It was a surprise for my husband, who loves the movie, and he enjoyed it, so I didn’t make a fuss and cast a shadow on our date night, but I could not believe they thought this was Wall-E.
View attachment 569075

How much are the mini cakes? I love them!

Call 407-934-7000 (Guest Services) and tell them you want to speak to Private Dining at the Yacht Club (don't mention the cake). Then tell the Private Dining person you want to order a cake. The number on the first page was supposedly their cake-ordering line, but it may have just been the direct number of a CM who no longer works there.

I wanted to say thanks and this worked perfectly. I called, was connected to private dining and left a message for custom cakes. Got a call back a few hours later and told them what I was looking for and set it all up. I'll report back on the final product!

How much are the mini cakes? I love them!

Typically $35-$45 per cake, is what mine have usually been, but I know the more details you add, the higher the price can go. I usually tell them the theme and then say "Baker's choice," which has always kept my cost closer to the average, but sometimes we get some pixie dust like the big Chip and Dale cutouts (even though they had an accident).

Do y’all know if any of the bakeries will put Ashoka Tano on a cake or what her similarity might look like?
my sons 13th bday is while we are there in July and I was hoping to have a custom cake made

Hello! I don’t think I’ve ever posted on this thread but I wanted to share what I had delivered to our room before we arrived. I called two weeks ago and ordered a 6 inch vanilla cake with strawberry mousse and fresh strawberries and a Mickey and Minnie theme for my 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son. I also ordered a slipper dessert for my sister in law. I was over the moon with the cake and slipper and so was my kiddos and sister in law. Love seeing what everyone is getting on this thread and thought I would share!

Attachments

• 6E3D2837-FFF7-4B24-993A-83370406EE75.jpeg
    6E3D2837-FFF7-4B24-993A-83370406EE75.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 273
  • C2B1E2FE-7990-4B19-842D-690D87271551.jpeg
    C2B1E2FE-7990-4B19-842D-690D87271551.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 266
Do y’all know if any of the bakeries will put Ashoka Tano on a cake or what her similarity might look like?
my sons 13th bday is while we are there in July and I was hoping to have a custom cake made

In the past they wouldn’t do Star Wars characters on cakes, but someone just got a Baby Yoda cake a few weeks ago, so it’s worth a shot! Otherwise, you could do an interpretive cake covered in the black and white pattern on her head-tails. And maybe they could add some of the symbols on her face!

Hello! I don’t think I’ve ever posted on this thread but I wanted to share what I had delivered to our room before we arrived. I called two weeks ago and ordered a 6 inch vanilla cake with strawberry mousse and fresh strawberries and a Mickey and Minnie theme for my 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son. I also ordered a slipper dessert for my sister in law. I was over the moon with the cake and slipper and so was my kiddos and sister in law. Love seeing what everyone is getting on this thread and thought I would share!
I love the MMRR cake!! We’ll be at Disney for my DD’s birthday this summer, and I am going to order a cake for her as a surprise. I have been wondering if they could do a cake with a MMRR theme because right now it’s my daughter’s favorite ride. Now I know it can be done, and the cake you ordered looks amazing!!

I love the MMRR cake!! We’ll be at Disney for my DD’s birthday this summer, and I am going to order a cake for her as a surprise. I have been wondering if they could do a cake with a MMRR theme because right now it’s my daughter’s favorite ride. Now I know it can be done, and the cake you ordered looks amazing!!
Thank you! It was just as delicious as it was pretty!

I am so jealous of the recent custom cakes. I had contacted private dining at the Yacht Club and left messages prior to our trip. No one called me back so I talked with the front desk during our stay and was told they could only do the celebration cake (I wanted a small custom graduation cake - nothing elaborate but more than the celebration cake). So we settled for the celebration cake. As we left the front desk, private dining called us and when I tried to explain I wanted a custom cake to be delivered to the Ale and Compass the end of the week, I was told they don't do custom cakes and I could only get the Celebration cake. I asked if there was someone else I could talk to because I had seen recent pics of custom cakes. But nope, they were not doing custom cakes. So we got the Celebration cake and they did nice writing on the plate and put 2020 on ears (my dd and her best friend graduated last year but did not have a graduation or parties due to Covid). The cake was good and the girls were surprised but it wasn't what I wanted for them. And our waiter practically threw it on the table without clearing any of the dishes so points taken off for presentation.

@GC&S Ugh! I'm so sorry that was your experience! One of the things that most irks me about Disney is how inconsistent the guest experience is depending on who you're dealing with. It's one of the reasons I started collecting all this cake info—so everyone would have an equal shot at getting a custom cake. I hope you'll be able to celebrate with a better cake on a future Disney trip! :goodvibes

Has anyone had any luck getting an allergy-free cake from the Disney bakeries? We have loved our previous mini princess cakes and will be in WDW in June(Polynesian). Unfortunately my 11-yr-old DD was just diagnosed with food allergies and is now gluten, soy and dairy free.

I was offered a Cherrybrook cake mix for our cake a few weeks ago through the Grand Floridian, but that was for a soy allergy for kids who are not trace reactive. Several years ago we also had a gluten free cake from the Contemporary, but in both cases we used the normal Disney frosting as Dairy was not an issue for us. It can't hurt to ask, but I don't know if they have an allergy friendly frosting option. And in both cases they warned us about the risk of cross contamination given that they used all of our allergens in the bakery. In those instances though, I was okay with the risk and did not suspect trace amounts were going to be a significant issue.

We ended up not having the Cherrybrook cake so I can't comment on taste. My kids do okay with very small amounts of soy so we ordered the regular cake. I do believe Cherrybrook is top 8 free though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter