Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Looking to do a Monorail themed cake for my son. If Chef Mickeys goes back to a buffet, maybe there. Otherwise I’m thinking either pick up from GF bakery or have delivered to our room at the Poly. Do the deliver it with a cake box? Anyone do a monorail cake?
In the past both the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian have had access to the white chocolate monorail for putting on/around a cake. The cake comes in a box, and if you're in a restaurant, they'll put the leftovers in it for you.

Looking to do a Monorail themed cake for my son. If Chef Mickeys goes back to a buffet, maybe there. Otherwise I’m thinking either pick up from GF bakery or have delivered to our room at the Poly. Do the deliver it with a cake box? Anyone do a monorail cake?
I know I’ve seen better cakes, you probably need to go through the gallery in the front page. Costs have risen btw (GF charging at least $50-100 more)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-cake-chatter-thread.1811912/page-149

https://www.disneyweddings.com/my-wedding-space/dream-boards/inspiration-gallery/search/?q=Monorail

6B32223C-B650-4C21-B33E-44367868D5DA.jpeg

Thought I would share my cakes.

Cake #1: Disney Grand Floridian Bakery (Groom's Cake served at Dessert Celebration at the Grand Floridian). Flavors were Lavender with Blueberry Lemon filling and Chocolate Cake with Bailey's filling. I had them dye the frosting black but, in hindsight, I SHOULD NOT HAVE done this. It turned everyone's mouth dark green! We did love how GF did the tasting kits. Cost was approx. $730

Cake #2: Cake & Bake FLA. They did an amazing job. We had 3 layers: coconut cake with pineapple filling, strawberry and champagne, and a chocolate with caramel filling. Cost was approx. $400

(Both toppers purchased on ETSY)

cake 2.jpgcake.jpg

@Carolyn Louise No, because it is not a Disney-owned restaurant. But the Swan & Dolphin has its own pastry team—contact info toward the bottom of Post #1!

@Carolyn Louise Yes, and the restaurants at the Swan & Dolphin don't charge a cake-cutting fee when you bring in your own cake!

Are there restaurants onsite that do charge a cake cutting fee? We've brought in our own cake to several different Disney owned spots and never even thought about a possible extra charge :scared:

Are there restaurants onsite that do charge a cake cutting fee? We've brought in our own cake to several different Disney owned spots and never even thought about a possible extra charge :scared:
Our experience post pandemic (multiple cakes ordered resort delivery; most recently at Steakhouse71 in March 2022) has been that our cake was brought out along with plates and spoons and our server put it on the table. Rest was up to us, including cutting, serving and packing up. We still tipped $20 (cake was billed with our Steakhouse71 dinner).

Now more recently (Aug 2022) at places like Goofy’s kitchen (DL) characters were giving a hug and they were singing Happy Birthday. We didn’t order a cake so can’t say.

Pre pandemic Ohana did sing but would not cut serve or pack (took 30 mins to bring us a small box; we had to slice up the cake and ask for more boxes; our $50 cake topper (HM frame with our photo) was crushed).

Some of the non-Disney-owned restaurants at Disney Springs do, but that's usually only when you book a private room for an event and bring your own cake in.

The Grand Floridian made another great cake for our family. This one was a 6" lavender cake with orange scented white chocolate mousse and regular buttercream on the outside. We had it delivered to Citricos, and it was delicious! My favorite part was the little hidden Mickeys and Minnie to represent our family. Such a sweet detail!

Attachments

• IMG_8442.jpeg
    IMG_8442.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_8445.jpeg
    IMG_8445.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 91
The Grand Floridian made another great cake for our family. This one was a 6" lavender cake with orange scented white chocolate mousse and regular buttercream on the outside. We had it delivered to Citricos, and it was delicious! My favorite part was the little hidden Mickeys and Minnie to represent our family. Such a sweet detail!
That’s a beautiful cake. How much was it. Do you have a cross section?

Hi all, can anyone tell me if they're still delivering cakes to your room in the Grand Floridian if you're not there? Pretty sure they stopped during covid but I don't know if it's being offered again.

Hi all, can anyone tell me if they're still delivering cakes to your room in the Grand Floridian if you're not there? Pretty sure they stopped during covid but I don't know if it's being offered again.
I believe private dining is back at the Grand Floridian. I had asked on the Polynesian resort thread about the twilight feast for Poly resort guests (Ohana noodles and potstickers anytime), but I was told in room dining is only available at the GF.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...n-resort-and-spa/private-dining/menus/dinner/

Does anyone here know if I can purchase the white chocolate Mickey and Minnie statues anywhere? I purchased them back in, maybe 2009, at the GF gingerbread house. I don’t see them listed on the menu for the gingerbread house this year. I do recall seeing the statues at the Contempo Cafe back during our CR stay in 2021 there. But they are also not showing on their menu. My DH and I are stopping in for a few days to check out the Christmas decor at the various resorts on our way home from visiting family in Ft. Myers’s. I really would love to be able to bring these home again, any help is greatly appreciated!

Does anyone here know if I can purchase the white chocolate Mickey and Minnie statues anywhere? I purchased them back in, maybe 2009, at the GF gingerbread house. I don’t see them listed on the menu for the gingerbread house this year. I do recall seeing the statues at the Contempo Cafe back during our CR stay in 2021 there. But they are also not showing on their menu. My DH and I are stopping in for a few days to check out the Christmas decor at the various resorts on our way home from visiting family in Ft. Myers’s. I really would love to be able to bring these home again, any help is greatly appreciated!
I found this video on the opening of the gingerbread house:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter